Has the Fade Out Faded Out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurpleSeven

The Fly
I may be wrong (and I'm sure it will be pointed out if I am), but is this the first full studio album that has not had at least one song that uses the studio fade out?

What I'm so impressed with by this album is how completed all of the tracks are - they are all so fully conceptualized - this being best evidenced, IMO, by the lack of the studio fade out (even AB used the fade out on WGRYWH and Love is Blindness). It's not that the fade out is indicative of a weak song (In WOWY for example the fade out is perfect), it's just that the fade out can so often be used a a crutch to alleviate the lack of a cohesive conclusion.

So to sum up, no fade out = good!
New Album = Super Good! Hip Hip.

I noticed that too. I can't say I'm a big fan of the fade out so this is a good thing!

Miracle Drug could have used a WOWY type fade out for sure. Otherwise, the lack of fade outs gives the album more of a live feel. Probably just the way the songs turned out, not so much of a planned thing.

Phi said:
the lack of fade outs gives the album more of a live feel.

That's exactly why I don't like fade outs. Can you imagine if on The Joshue Tree the studio version of WOWY ended the same way as the live version? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom