has edge or bono ever posted on u2.com.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
if not they should , i know that edge loves computers so he must be lurking around u2 web sites.
Slash just posted on his site which is very cool and the man is not good with computers.

oh i was just going through some private messages from u2 .com com and check this out (this is real)

Zootopia Live Messages
Live Messages Received

Sent: Jan 31, 02 6:41
Subj: Re: hello
Hey

and one from bono.

Zootopia Live Messages
Live Messages Received

Sent: Feb 3, 02 10:05
Subj: Re: hey bono.
Hey Shaun

i think its them .(the webmaster keeps the name for the band members right)

oh who the hell is this person.

Zootopia Live Messages
Live Messages Received

Sent: May 16, 03 13:47
Subj:
hi there do u wanna chat??? i'm female 18yrs old from birmingham,england.

Last edited:
A lot of people claim to be them. A guy was claiming to be posting as Bono the night he was in South Africa for the Mandela thing and the pics were coming in. I believe if they did post, they would not use their real names. They would pretend to be one of us. There are names here I suspect might be Bono and Edge, but they don't call themselves that. Anyone using those names is just trying to get a rise out of people.

As far as any of the band members posting or LMing on Zootopia, it hasn't happened. Sometimes the names of each band member will appear on the Who's Online list, but it's just a Sysop test. Edge did do a chat on U2.com during the last leg of Elevation, you can read the transcripts to that on www.mrtheedge.com.

Okay, here is a snippet from a discussion in the Bono folder of Zootopia called "U2 FAQs." Anyway, Sysop basically squelched all the rumors that the guys had been posting there...

U2phillyLovesBono - 11:09pm Jan 22, 2003 (4.1)
Bono posted awhile back, so did edge. and it was confirmed by the webmaster of the forum it was them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U2Flash - 06:26pm Jan 23, 2003 (4.1.1)
can you post a link to their posts please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sysop - 02:54pm Jun 26, 2003 (4.1.2)
nonsense :)

U2girl, yeah, it is possible for someone to have a name like Edge, The_Edge, <TheEdge> or whatever and not be him. If anyone ever has questions about the members of the band being online, e-mail Sysop or one of the band member forum mods to get the real details. I'd say, though, that chances are best that the band is not posting in Zootopia or anywhere else.

Last edited:
I remember one specific instance where the sysop confirmed that Bono had posted. It was when the forum first opened and it was a post in the "Bono" folder under "Band Members"

It was something to effect of "Hello everyone, just doing a little ego check here -- Bono"

The boys do have their names reserved for them if they want to but I don't think they have...not that I know of anyway. They can't really...I imagine it would increase traffic to the site too much and the server wouldn't be able to handle it. Zootopia is a very high traffic site as far as websites go...even during a "slow period" like right now. Bono has claimed to be watching us a bit..."orbiting your planet," he calls it. lol. But I'm sure Edge pays attention more than Bono does...they're smart guys. They know what's going on. They know about PLEBA even.

...I just hope they don't know about the the u2 Boudoir! :yikes:

Last edited:
PaleBlueDot said:
Bono has claimed to be watching us a bit..."orbiting your planet," he calls it. lol. But I'm sure Edge pays attention more than Bono does...they're smart guys. They know what's going on. They know about PLEBA even.

You mean they know about Interference? Or have I missed something? :huh:

Yeah, "supposedly" (and this was coming from Elvis). Edge mentioned that he had visited the site back in 2000 when Elvis met him. That is a far cry from checking it beyond that or posting though. I was able to ask Edge the same question in 2001 and he couldnt recall if he had and looked a bit puzzled when I mentioned Interference. So take all of it with a grain of salt. I will say though if they were going to be scanning anywhere it would be Zootopia and not here even though Inteference has a much better format.

Now, members of U2's personnel are familiar with Interference though (they know of a few other sites as well though). So maybe information is communicated to them 2nd hand that way. But I doubdt it goes beyond that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom