Has anyone heard of the Ultimate Collection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yeah, I saw a bunch of these at a used record store over winter break. They were pretty expensive ($20 instead of the $10 you saw) so I just bought the first volume. The ones I saw were imports from Australia (hence the inflated price) but I don't know if that's where they originated from.

The tracks are:

1. Boy/Girl
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. Touch
4. Things to Make and Do
5. Another Day
6. J. Swallow
7. A Celebration
8. Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl
9. Endless Deep
10. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
11. Boomerang I
12. Boomerang II
13. Three Sunrises
14. Love Comes Tumbling
15. Bass Trap
16. 60 Seconds in Kingdom Come
17. Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
18. Walk to the Water
19. Spanish Eyes
20. Deep in the Heart

Hope that helped!

I own parts VI and IX. The tracks are the following:

Part VI:

1- Introduction + New year's day
2- Halleluyah
3- Save the children
4- When love comes to town (w/ B.B.King)
5- An cat dubh ( Different version-Promo single)
6- Into the heart ( Different version-Promo single)
7-Jesus Christ
8-Theme from Mission:Impossible (Junior's hard mix)
9- Mission:Impossible theme ( Cut the red not the blue)
10- Let the good times roll (with Quincy Jones)
11-Royal Station( with Melissa Etheridge)
12- Heroine(with Sinead O'Connor)
13-One foot in heaven
14- Strange party

Part IX:

1-Discotheque (David Holmes Mix)
2- I can't help falling in love
3- I still haven't...( Negativeland/ U2)
4- Discotheque (DM deep beats mix)
5- Wire (Rare version)
6- Bullet the blue sky (live in Dublin)
7- Love is Blindness ( Live in NY)
8- Still water ( D. LAnois with Adam and LArry)
9- On GRafton Street ( Nancy Griffith with Larry and Adam)
10- Numb ( Rare version)
11- Discotheque ( Dm Deep instrumental mix)
12- Bolie Luise ( D. Lanois with Larry and Adam)
13- This heart ( Nancy Griffith with LArry)
14- I still....( Negativeland + LArry and Adam)

My favourite is Part VI. I love Let the good times roll!
biggrin.gif

Flavia

A local record store is going out of business, so I went and they had these 2 CDs in jewel cases with photocopied covers and home-burned discs inside, called The Ultimate 7" & 12" Collection Part III and IV. They were $10 each -- and the tracks for part III are:

1: Twilight
2: Out of Control
3: Stories for Boys
4: New Years Day
5: Two Hearts Beat As One
6: Pride
7: 4th of July
8: Desire
9: When Love Comes To Town
10: God Part II
11: Night and Day
12: Even Better Than The Real Thing
13: The Fly
14: Mysterious Ways

And IV's is:

1: New Years Day (It's the normal album version)
2: Two Hearts Beat As One (US-Mix)
3: Where the Streets Have No Name (7" - edit)
4: When Love Comes To Town
5: All I Want Is You (7" - edit)
6: Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto-Mix)
7: Even Better Than The Real Thing (V 16 Exit Wound Remix)
8: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar edit)
9: Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
10: Mysterious Ways (Tamla Motown Remix)
11: Salome (Zooromance Remix)
12: Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
13: Lemon (Bad Yard Club edit)
14: Lemon (Perfecto-Mix)

The cover for III is green with a picture of Bono crouched down on the stage with the microphone from the Joshua Tree tour on the right, and has a large red U and a big red 2 on the left side with the name of the collection right below the picture. The cover for IV is the same except the cover is red and has a black U and a white 2. It is most definitely homemade, without question, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is something other people have, or if someone locally made it and donated it to the store to distribute it, or something. I don't have a scanner of anything, unfortunately, so I can't show you a picture of it. Does anyone else have this?

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Yeah, I own 1 and 4. I believe it's just a bootleg set.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

What are the tracks? BTW, where did you get them? eBay? Just curious -- it is just making me wonder where they came from.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I have seen part 4 in a used cd part of a record store for $8. I'll probably get it just to have Lady With The Spinning Head and Salome.

The Ultimate Collection is just a series of boots, featuring all of U2's hits, along with b-sides and remixes.

They were first made as "official" boots (with professional looking CDs and artwork). The copy you saw, elevatedmole, is clearly a CD-R remake of this boot.

If you are a collector, you most likely have these songs already - which makes owning any of these Ultimate Collection boots moot. I bought the first Ultimate Collection boot years ago as that was the only way, at the time, to have "A Celebration" on CD. However, the rest of the songs featured on the remaining Ultimate Collection boots I already have on CD in some format, so I haven't bothered obtaining any more of these boots.

If you don't have these songs, I do think that the Ultimate Collection boot series is a nice way of getting them. Plus, there are some "rarities" thrown in (like "Jesus Christ" - featured on a tribute album). Also, if you couldn't afford to get the CD singles over the years, these boots give you access to those b-sides and remixes.

However, overall, I wouldn't recommend buying these Ultimate Collection boots. Just download the songs yourself and burn your own CDs. Years ago, these boots were great, but now, it's not worth your $$.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-21-2002).]

I have 1,2,3,7 and 8

I'll list any of the the track listings if you want to email me at U2DMfan@aol.com, other than that its mostly b-sides and remixes. I got 1 and 2 here in Norman, OK and the other 3 off of ebay. Parts one and 2 are awesome, all the b-sides from 80-91, except Fortunate Son I think anyhow if you care email me and I'll tell you whats on any of the 5 that I have.

Back
Top Bottom