Happy Bono Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Frank Sinatra was 47 (1962) he was starring in the Manchurian Candidate, and appearing in Vegas with Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin. After hitting bottom during the 1950s, his ring-a-ding-ding era was underway.

When Tony Bennett was 47 (1973) he was considered washed up. He had left Columbia Records and searching for gigs. Thankfully, he ended up in the studio with Bill Evans, for a set of legendary if underappreciated recordings.

When Paul McCartney was 47 (1989), he had gone out on his first world tour in over a decade, after years of some mediocre recordings. Flowers in the Dirt was hitting record stores with three songs co-written with Elvis Costello.

Bono at 47? Let's see, so far this year there's been a knighthood, an appearance on American Idol, a lot of talk about an album but no new recordings to speak of (I'm not counting WITS.)

Happy B-day Bono! Hes around the same age as my parents, so I'm starting to realize how old my parents are starting to get! Kind of freaky.

I did a big tribute to him on my blog today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO 2 OF MY FAV PEOPLE: BONO AND JOJO!!:wink:

20.gif

Hope everyone was able to contribute to Africa Well Fund for B's bday this year. I know I sure did!:wink:

HBD to our favorite rock star activist. :wave: (Or, for some of the B&C goers, third or fourth favorite. :wink: )

sue4u2 said:
You can also get "On The Move " for 20% off at Amazon. com
In honor of his birthday. :wink:

Happy birthday, Father & Daughter.
How awesome is that !! :heart:
That is awesome and how pretty is Jordan!

Ah yes ... May 10th ... what a 'special' day indeed.

Happy 47th Bono !!

Happy 18th Jordan !!

and a very special Happy B-day to my now 12 year old daughter Jordan Eve !! :up:

:hmm: I wonder where I got my daughter's name from ?? :wink: Thanks Bono !! :bow:

and she was born on Bono & Jordan's b-day ... how cool is that??

Last edited:
MsMofoGone said:
Ah yes ... May 10th ... what a 'special' day indeed.

Happy 47th Bono !!

Happy 18th Jordan !!

and a very special Happy B-day to my now 12 year old daughter Jordan Eve !! :up:

and she was born on Bono & Jordan's b-day ... how cool is that??

Now that IS passion...

Jordan Eve works brilliantly for a name

Originally posted by intedomine
Now that IS passion...

Jordan Eve works brilliantly for a name

Thanks ... but I'm totally giving the credit to Bono and Ali for naming their daughters first. :up:

It was only because my daughter was born on Bono and Jordan's day that made me think ... why not name her after Bono's girls !! :applaud:

and, I've NEVER EVER regretted that decision. :bow:

MsMofoGone said:

Thanks ... but I'm totally giving the credit to Bono and Ali for naming their daughters first. :up:

It was only because my daughter was born on Bono and Jordan's day that made me think ... why not name her after Bono's girls !! :applaud:

and, I've NEVER EVER regretted that decision. :bow:

Oh that's very cool! Those names really work beautifully together don't they?!

Happy (belated now) birthday to Bono, Jordan, and Jordan Eve!

Is Jordan really 18?! Does that mean Bono can officially head to the pub for a pint with his oldest?! That's a big deal wow...

Cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom