Happy Birthday, Edge!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feliz Anivers?rio dear Mr.The Edge

"As a guitar player, there are so many cliches you keep having to avoid. It's a case of continually trying to find new things to do and say with the guitar. For me that's the real challenge.
I suppose most people think of the lead-guitar player as the gunslinger of musicians.
Particularly in the 1970s, that approach reached its zenith. Coming after that rock 'n'roll guitar virtuosity, I felt the only thing to do was try the opposite approach.
It suited our band and suits my personality, so I developed a much more minimalist approach. I'd be busy trying to find the least number of notes that could convey the maximum effect. I didn't want to sound like anyone else.
I'm not reverential about guitars. To me it was not really about the guitar, it was about finding something interesting with whatever equipment I happened to have. You hear a lot of guitar players talking about their guitars as if they are people. I could never quite go there. I never felt the actual instrument was all that crucial.
My guitar only comes out on formal occasions. I write, but I don't play much for fun. I don't goof around at home. I play U2 songs - I don't really play guitar."

(25/02/2002, The Irish Times.)

That?s just the way he is...and that?s exactly the reason why we love him so much...our good man The Edge. :heart:

:love: Happy Birthday Edge :love:

1961---fine fine vintage, time to develop great body, imho

41!!!!
forty one?

very cool age, imho.
people who are 41 really have it going on.

Enjoy it old fella
;) :eek: :laugh: :kiss: :dance::heart: :edge: :kiss: :angel: :yes:

Happy Birthday, Edge!

Darn...I was going to add a whole bunch of new Edge pictures to my site today but I haven't had the time to compile any! Ah, this weekend...

I :heart: :edge:

Happy Birthday EDGE!!!

Happy birthday to the coolest guitar player ever!
icon_clap.gif
icon_notworthy.gif

:heart: :dance: :up: :yes: :D

Edge Birthday Haiku

His name is the Edge
Guitar God with a goatee
And its his birthday

Ok, so technically not a haiku considering I didn't mention anything about nature but too bad.

Back
Top Bottom