Happy 14th Birthday Achtung Baby!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Topic=Outstanding!

Although it will always be shadowed by its bigger better brother The Joshua Tree (you know it's true! :wink: ) Achtung Baby is one of U2's most incredible musical works to date. Not only does it have One, which is widely considered one of the greatest songs ever made, but it also contains tons of other gems! The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World, Zoo Station. Instant U2 classics! Worth every penny, and then some! And I liXes that alot! :drool:

Viva Achtung Baby! And that's so nice!

On a side note: good choice of #1 song last played redkat :wink:

catlhere said:
Although it will always be shadowed by its bigger better brother The Joshua Tree (you know it's true! :wink: )

I disagree. The Joshua Tree may be bigger and more well known but it is not better.

Okay, okay... just my opinion. ;)

...mine and that of a zillion other people on Interference, not to mention the real world! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I disagree. The Joshua Tree may be bigger and more well known but it is not better.

Okay, okay... just my opinion. ;)

...mine and that of a zillion other people on Interference, not to mention the real world! :wink:

Yea I know my line of thinking is definitely not going to be agreed with on this forum! :wink: I still think AB is one of the greatest albums ever made, so you can hold the rocks for now. :tongue:

namkcuR said:
It is November 18 in most of the world, marking the 14th(!) anniversary of the November 18/19(UK/Rest Of World), 1991 release of the legendary, the mythic, the one, the only, Achtung Baby :heart: :rockon: :drool:

Happy Birthday to one of the greatest records in existance, and one of my favorite records of all time!

Not one of the greatest records but THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME. When I get into the car I have this on nearly everyday its that good. When you have this album do you really need to listen to anything else. I mean really, do you? This album is musical perfection. It has the greatest intro to an album ever and has just about everything else as well.:wink:

Chizip said:

i cant believe nobody laughed at this. this was funny you jackasses.

I find it verrrrrrrrrry uncomfortable having sex with a compact disc. The hole in the middle is such a tight fit hehehe. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even with Achtung Baby.:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

I find it verrrrrrrrrry uncomfortable having sex with a compact disc. The hole in the middle is such a tight fit hehehe. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even with Achtung Baby.:wink:

:ohmy:

The demise of the 45 was such a sad time for you men.

:wink:

VintagePunk said:
I was a casual fan in the 80's, but hearing Mysterious Ways on the radio for the first time was like an epiphany. I still remember the first time I heard it while driving, the exact street I was on. A life-changing moment, indeed. :heart:

Me too (except for the driving part). Was a fan all through the 80s, but when Mysterious Ways came up it kicked my fandom up a whole big notch. I remember my first time hearing it too, I was in Washington DC for three months doing a working fellowship and kinda out of the U2 loop, had no clue a new album was on the horizon and The Fly had escaped my radar. Was in my room getting ready to go to the office, when this song came on the radio, I had to stop and just sit and listen - it was immediate love. Only after it ended and the DJ said who it was did I know it was U2, a band that was already my favorite! I just had to listen to the song and album at least once a day, every day for nearly a year, and I finally got a color TV (had had a black & white up til then) to watch the video in its full color glory. :)

First came Hansa Studio

HansaU2pt6.jpg

Then the greatest album EVER

BCOVER.jpg

Then the greatest tour EVER !!!!

Zootv.jpg

= the reason why i am a fan

Happy b-day baby :kiss:

Thefly.jpg

Last edited:
jacobus said:

Achtung Achtung hier spricht die Polizei. Das Haus ist umstellt. Geben Sie sofort die Achtung Baby Outtakes heraus.

:laugh:

Achtung baby.. :ohmy: :drool: :rockon:
Nothing to add to the previous comments.

Oh, and ZOO TV is the greatest thing ever. Not the greatest tour or whatever, the greatest THING. It tops EVERYTHING else, imo. ;)

I can't think of anything additonal to add, just a big THANK YOU to the guys for all the blood, sweat, tears, cigarettes and booze that went into such a fantastic masterpiece.

I'm still alive because of this record.

It's the best f*cking record - ever. I've gone through 3 CDs and have one in each car and one in the house. It's all I need.

Thanks, U2.

:wink:

Indeed the greatest album of all time. Every song on this album is a classic!

My favorite album, too. I remember having the little freebie promo poster up at work, and a sheet of paper next to it, counting down the days.

It was really a mindboggler in terms of its experimentation, and it remains rich thanks to the sometimes ugly honesty of the lyrics. I remember telling a friend that it had taken U2 years to finally write an album of love songs, and when they did, they made everything else that claimed to be about love look foolish and fake by comparison. it still does.

Back
Top Bottom