HankWilliams+a sparkle of Liberace= Popmart Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
One of my fondest memories...I've told the story before, the forgotten tickets, the mad dash. serendipity, we ended up next to the B -stage at the Popmart concert.
And the moment the lemon moved forward appeared and opened to reveal the band. Unforgettable...that's what they are.
But Edge...the white knight. He crossed himself before he descended" dear lord, please let me make it down these steep steps in these boots without slipping on my arse" ( well maybe that's what he said...j/k)
I though he was a vision, style and fine tailoring. I staright away thought....HANK WILLIAMS!! and then I saw the little sparkle of rhinestones and thought. "with a touch of Liberace"
Some of you may not recall either of those musical artists. I have just been taping old singles and decided to show you this pic, for old times sake. I know lotsa cowboy musicians wear white suits, but maybe Hank Williams was the first?
And I'm not poking fun at edge in any way shape or form. His performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday that night is something I'll never ever forget.

Attachments

• hankedgewilliamspop.jpg
    hankedgewilliamspop.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 46
and if you bother to open this thread

I found this Christmas card the other day. i wish I had found it earlier, i would have sent these out instead of my "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" ones. I don't have a scanner at home, so the digital pic has washed out colours unfortuantely. In the original the frog has very yellow glasses. It somehow reminds me of someone we know and love...don't you think...just a tad...(pole)?
I used to write "peace on earth" on my Christmas cards. i don't any more...I to hope to again one day...soon.

Merry Christmas musiclovers

Attachments

• babypythondec17-02005.jpg
    babypythondec17-02005.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 44
plus a smattering of Mike Nesmith

I wanna be free...like the waves out on the blue sea
Egad, I loved Davey Jones at the time.
But Mike was famous for his beanie too.

Attachments

• heyheythemonkees2.jpg
    heyheythemonkees2.jpg