hands that built america - rate it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i rate the hands that built america:

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 9.6%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 14 26.9%

Votes: 5 9.6%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
I gave it a 4. A friend sent me the mp3 of it last night.

It was um..."eh". I hate to say it, but I agree with OzAurora. I'd really hate to see them going into R&H territory again. Even though I appreciate the film and everything now, I'd still honestly say it's one of my least played U2 cds next to October and Wide Awake In America.

:slant:

OzAurora said:
I gave it a 1- U2 being all Rattle and Hum again and sucking up to the asses of America- when will they ever get over this American fixation???????:mad:

The song is for a movie set in the United States...Gangs of New York. It's not "sucking up to the asses." :madspit:

based on the 33 (or whatever) seconds I have heard I'd give it a 6

and that's giving it the benefit of doubt

blah blah blah blah blah

What Rattle & Hum stuff? Whine whine whine whine.

I heard 30 seconds of what sounds to be a fricking awesome U2 song...

Rated it an 8 based on the clip, but could be more or less depending on the whole song.

My rating breakdown:

Title: 1. U2 are a bit infamous for their long/unusual titles. For example, let's not forget the classics "I Still Haven't Found the Title I'm Looking For" and "Stuck in a Title I Can't Get Out Of". :D Even the beloved "Joshua Tree" title was disdained by Larry originally. This song title may be logical in the context of the Scorsese's movie, but as a stand alone song title, it is terrible.

Introduction: 4. By "intro" I mean the first part of the clip. This intro is muddled and unfocused. It sounds more like the "Achtung Baby Outtakes" than an actual part of any song. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if this part of the clip is not featured in the final version of the song as it sounds more like U2 just jamming in the studio, rather than singing a clip of the final song.

Ending: 10. When a clip is only 30 seconds long, there's just enough time for an "intro" and an "ending" - hence why I have no "middle" here. :D The ending of this clip is the redeeming feature. It has great Bono wailing, Larry's pounding drums and the song *finally* starts taking form. This ending gives me hope that this could be a great U2 song - despite the horrible title.

Video: 9. I really like this little clip. I love seeing U2 in the studio as they write/perform. It gives me a tiny bit of insight into their creative processes. Therefore, I was delighted with this small video. Also, I was happy to see all the members looking great. Considering they just were on an extended tour and have a zillion things going on in their respective lives, I feared seeing an exhausted looking U2. Instead, I saw a group of men vibrant and happy to be in the studio. This gives me hope not only for this song, but for any upcoming material.

Overall Score: 6. This is an average of the 4 scores and my vote.
:yes:

Last edited:
bah! it sounds awesome.
like something right off Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack!
nice relaxing smooth
:drool:

Sicy said:

Thats what I wanted to know.

to creator of question and creator of original quote, why? there's no reason, just to make people think before they just press any option.

Back
Top Bottom