Halle, Halle, Hallejuah vs Still Running(RTSS outros)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
So I'm wondering which Running To Stand Still outro you guys prefer. the Hallejuahs from Zoo TV or the Still Running from JT/Lovetown? Personally I like them both. The Hallejuahs have a more powerful feeling to them and make the song more intense but I also love the way the crowd reponds back and forth with Bono on the Still Running lyrics. So for me it comes down to Boo emitting powerful emotion vs a powerful connection between the band and audience. If I had to choose I might lean slightly towards the Hallejuahs.

Yeah I suppose Bono sang the Hallejuahs on Vertigo also. I didn't like the Vertigo version nearly as much. Maybe cause I already heard the JT/Lovetown version and adding the hallejuahs didn't really do it for me. I guess another reason I'd lean towards the Zoo TV version is The Edge's guitar is cool in that one. It's basically a different take on the song compared to the album, where as the JT/Lovetown/Vertigo versions are pretty much a carbon copy of the album version.

theu2fly : I agree with you. On the R&H dvd that moment is awesome. Chilling in a way. You can't help but sing along

u2shamrock : I also agree with you. Watching the live version where Bono sings the Hallejuahs and is engulfed in smoke is freaking amazing.

"Still running" is so much better than the hallelujahs, it's not funny.

Hallucination said:
u2shamrock : I also agree with you. Watching the live version where Bono sings the Hallejuahs and is engulfed in smoke is freaking amazing.

:yes: I get chills all of the time at that point. In fact, the whole song (especially the guitar) from ZooTV gives me chills

Axver said:
"Still running" is so much better than the hallelujahs, it's not funny.

Really? You think it's that lopsided? Weird. I just think that the hallejuahs give more of a desperate, painful and urgent feel that the song seems to convey and the Still Running lyrics seem to convey a sense of calm in the face of adversity. I think they're both great(broken record right here) and I'm surprised you think one is actually "so much better". Interesting.

JMScoopy said:
somehow, singing hallelujah over and over again during a song about herion addiction doesnt seem real fitting. :lol:

I never thought they sounded like happy halelujahs. Like I said it has a sense of pain to it almost as if the person saying halellujah has conceded and knows the momentary hallelujah will only bring more pain.

JMScoopy said:
somehow, singing hallelujah over and over again during a song about herion addiction doesnt seem real fitting. :lol:

It's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

How about Halleluiah's but the Vertigo tour version?

I like all of those endings, maybe a slight edge to Still running (or the extra verse on JT tour).

neutral said:
The Hallelujahs for me, so beautiful and haunting, definitely not a happy sound though. :| I love both the Zoo and the Vertigo outros, this is one of my favorites of RTSS right now.

http://download.you sendit.com/4B95BBA21B087B1F

:drool:

the ZooTV Sydney version still pwns my soul though.

Back
Top Bottom