Hall of Fame finalists!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Here are the nominees! It's going to be so great having U2 inducted in the year they kick off their new tour!

U2
J. Geils Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sex Pistols
Patti Smith
The Stooges
The Pretenders
Randy Newman
Gram Parsons
Buddy Guy
Conway Twitty
The O'Jays
Percy Sledge
Wanda Jackson
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five

I vote for:

U2
The Pretenders
Patti Smith
J. Geils Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd

What's your vote?

U2Kitten said:
No, let it stay, it's got U2 in it :scream:

Don't say the mods don't listen ;) (this had been moved to Bang&Clatter)

Although I do think this thread will turn more to the other bands, I don't think anyone in this forum would NOT vote for u2...

Thanks :) This can also be a thread about what they're going to play and who's going to induct them and how it's going to tie in with the tour! :hyper: It was too cool just seeing their name on the list:wink:

Last edited:
U2, and it is obvious Grandmaster Flash will get in to, just because he is the grandfather of hip hop and all that shit. He ruined my life!

U2 works for me. My sister was at the after party last year. She saw the Edge but said you couldn't get near him. She did put on her lipstick with Gwen Stefani. Who should induct them? I don't know. Sting maybe (good friend of Bono's), The remaining ramones b/c of their influence over U2 and vice versa, the sex pistols. Or maybe someone more classic like Paul McCartney or Sir Bob Geldoff.

I (like a lot of other people) suspect Chris Martin will induct them. But we'll see.

I wish they did the ceremony in Cleveland, where the museum actually is. I'm so close!

wow...that moving thing confused the hell out of me. i was wondering where it went when it must have been moved back :der:

something in the back of my mind makes me groan at the thought of the pistols being inducted, but i can make arguements either way, for or against. :shrug: NMTB is a classic album and without them bands i think were more deserving (ie. the clash) wouldn't have been the band that they were...they were essentially a punk version of the backstreet boys or the monkees, assembeled by some guy as a commodity to be bought and sold...

Why is Van Halen not on the finalists list? I know the pompous committe abhors hard rock music, but you can't tell me that the likes of Conway Twitty and Wanda Jackson are more desrving of a shot at the Rock and Roll hall of fame than Eddie and his assortment of singers.

IWasBored said:

something in the back of my mind makes me groan at the thought of the pistols being inducted, but i can make arguements either way, for or against. :shrug: NMTB is a classic album and without them bands i think were more deserving (ie. the clash) wouldn't have been the band that they were...they were essentially a punk version of the backstreet boys or the monkees, assembeled by some guy as a commodity to be bought and sold...

Exactly.

Plus I think any career worthy of the Hall of Fame should have consisted of more than one album. It wouldn't be right to let them in while Black Sabbath, Van Halen and Lynryd Skynyrd miss out again.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Why is Van Halen not on the finalists list? I know the pompous committe abhors hard rock music, but you can't tell me that the likes of Conway Twitty and Wanda Jackson are more desrving of a shot at the Rock and Roll hall of fame than Eddie and his assortment of singers.

Gotta agree with you, even though I'm not a huge Van Halen fan.
They deserve their due.

and what's up with the J. Giles Band???
as far as I can remember, they were a 1 hit wonder.

U2
Conway Twitty (who was a huge influence on a lot of people)
O'Jays (They made some great singles back in the day.)
Stooges (obviously)
Buddy Guy (who I always call Buddy Fuckin' Guy after I saw him tear down the club I was in. He's really amazing live.)

Back
Top Bottom