Haha - DMB Board has "The Official F*** U2 Thread"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
What surprised me the most about checking that DMB board was the venemous and unintelligent posts made by some of their fans towards U2. I'm not a DMB fan, but I consider them a band that deserves respect. I can't imagine posting something like "...what the hell u2? they fuckin suck damnit to hell im pissed off.". I'm sure Dave Matthews would be real proud to have a fan like that. Sounds more like a Limp Bizkit fan.

Well I think their whole problem is this:

Ask an american about U2 and they know probably atleast something about them

ask a european about Dave Matthews band and they?ll be like WHO???

DMB aren?t very wellknowed outside america that?s their problem!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Don't cry over over spilled bong water.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
Don't cry over over spilled bong water.

HEHEHE
biggrin.gif

Yeah, who the fuck are DMB anyway?? I know my music, haven't really heard these boys at all tho, and what I have heard was shite

Driving in to work today a local radio statio played a short snippet from different Grammy Performancc's, and the caller had to identify the artist. Some girl thought that u2 was DMB!!!

My best friend is a DMB fanatic, and she totally didn't understand how U2 beat them, and why DMB wasn't nominated for the Album of the Year!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
Well I think their whole problem is this:

Ask an american about U2 and they know probably atleast something about them

ask a european about Dave Matthews band and they?ll be like WHO???

DMB aren?t very wellknowed outside america that?s their problem!

Lemonboy, you don't know how lucky Europe is. They SUCK. Matthews has the whiniest voice! When I hear him sing 'you can't quit me so quickly' I go 'oh yes I can, and not quick enough!' and turn his moany ass off! He's butt ugly as the night is long too! There ARE no 'hot' Dave Matthews pics LOL!
Keep him out of Europe, like rabies! It's for your own good!

Did you see that idiot who said U2's music all sounded the SAME? WHAT? He hasn't even listened to it, they have a much more diverse catalog than almost any other band!

Lest we forget, they only reason they won all those VH-1 Awards was because of cheating online, U2 should have had that if all was fair!

Like them or not, the Dave Matthews Band does NOT suck. They are all VERY talented musicians. Beauford is one of the best drummers around.

So they have a couple of douche bag fans? So? Every band does. Even U2. *gasp*

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

They may be 'talented musicians' but the noise they construct with those instruments SUCKS hard and hurts my ears. I'd rather go deaf....

Originally posted by thingstomake:
What surprised me the most about checking that DMB board was the venemous and unintelligent posts made by some of their fans towards U2. I'm not a DMB fan, but I consider them a band that deserves respect. I can't imagine posting something like "...what the hell u2? they fuckin suck damnit to hell im pissed off.". I'm sure Dave Matthews would be real proud to have a fan like that. Sounds more like a Limp Bizkit fan.

OH MY GOD!!! This is the funniest post! Have you not been reading this U2 board? LOL! There is the same venom throughout this board for other artists outside the U2 spectrum of things.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

The Dave Matthews Band are a damn good band! It ain't all about kicking back and smoking weed. Hell, When I saw U2 5 times, the predominant smell was marijuana! It's all about enjoyment of the music and where it takes you. That's all that matters! Who gives a shit if the Europeans haven't heard about DMB? Afterall, isn't Kyle Minogue very popular in Europe? What's up with that?

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

I love Dave Matthews. I think he is one of the worlds best song writers today. U2 is still leaps and bounds above them for me. But I'm not going to start trashing DMB because a couple of jealous idiots at nancies.com are trashing U2. If some of you were more open minded and would realy listen to DMB you might realize just how realy exelent they are. U2 slill blows them out of the water though... as they do everybody else.

LOL... I think its funny for U2 fans to villify DMB fans for being overly critical of U2 considering U2 fans on this board have said worse things about DMB.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by gherman:
If some of you were more open minded and would realy listen to DMB you might realize just how realy exelent they are.

I've heard all the arguments about DMB being such wonderful musicians and whatnot...and I've listened to a LOT of their stuff over a long period of time, and I've tried to like it, but y'know what? In my ears it is annoying and whiney garbage. Not to mention boring as hell. They just don't cut it for me.

Originally posted by gherman:
Thats cool
smile.gif
As long as you listend to it and made an informed decision about thier music.

I actually feel bad that I don't like them. lol. I will give them their props for being good musicians tho. I think it's Dave's voice that just rubs me the wrong way and prevents me from enjoying them at all.

I felt the same way. I didn't become a fan until 99 because I HATED his voice. My roomate would listen to him all the time and I finaly bought a CD of his and fell in love with his music. Although I realy don't like his new one. I just just don't like it when people say DMB sucks when you know they don't. They wouldn't have gotten as far as they have if they sucked. I think you have the right not to like them but saying they suck is just ignorant. Same goes for the people at nancies.com saying all that shit about U2.

This just shows how mature us U2 fans are. I dont think any of us would ever spew crap like that about a decent band.. DMB, even though I dont care for them. How can anyone say that ATYCLB sucks.. an album that has won countless grammys?? They're just bitter.

There seems to be soo many immature people out there on other boards that dont know what the hell they're talking about and just spit whatever comes out of their mouth without listening to any reasoning whatsoever.

Originally posted by Sicy:
This just shows how mature us U2 fans are. I dont think any of us would ever spew crap like that about a decent band.. DMB, even though I dont care for them. How can anyone say that ATYCLB sucks.. an album that has won countless grammys?? They're just bitter.

There seems to be soo many immature people out there on other boards that dont know what the hell they're talking about and just spit whatever comes out of their mouth without listening to any reasoning whatsoever.

LOL!

------------------

I don't consider myself a DMB fan...I own no albums, and I've only heard their singles. I don't hate them though...I am kind of indifferent. I do respect their talent though and can understand why people enjoy them...it just doesn't do it for me.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Sicy:

LMAO

You're kidding, right?

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Let's make them sound even more intelligent:

Jus t click on dialectize after you hit the link!

I know this has been done in PLEBA and It's Official, I just thought it would be funny to see a DMB board with Jive!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 02-28-2002).]

Slap Mah Fro!!!!!!!!! Thez duz sound smarter

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Back
Top Bottom