HAHA Best Buy!! How I got my copy of the free CD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
Well it could just be that the incompetance of some Best Buy employees has finally payed off for me after having been angered by it so many times in the past.

This is how I scored- I just went into the store to buy the DVD. Yes I know I don't have a DVD but I have friends and a cousin who will let me watch it so I wanted it anyway. There were tons of them, maybe about 50 copies! So, walking up to the counter I saw a cart sitting between the CD aisles and it had some of the promotional free CD's on it! I grabbed one! I took a chance that since Best Buy employees sometimes don't know their merchandise that the girl wouldn't notice. She rang up the DVD for $17.99, then I held my breath as she zapped the CD- it rang up "sampler-$0.00!" She put it in the bag and said thank you! I was so happy! Then walking out the door they checked my bag and ticket. My heart raced. I thought, 'this is it!' but she just marked the ticket and told me to have a Happy Thanksgiving! I said, "U2!"
wink.gif
and ran to the car!! Now I won't have to worry about waiting out on Friday morning or being one of the first 100!
smile.gif

It is in a small cardboard case and has a pic just like the DVD cover on it. The songs are Beautiful Day, Gone and I Will Follow. They all say live from Boston, June 6, 2001!

If anyone goes to Best Buy tonight and sees some like I did, I encourage you to try this. All they can do is say no and you might just get away with it like I did!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

I did the same yesterday.

The promo CD's I found were in the actual Musical DVD section, instead of on the big display out front

Here's my Best Buy story.

I just moved to NYC and I have not seen a Best Buy anywhere since I arrived three months ago. So, with the U2 DVD now released I went to the Best Buy web site and found the store locations in New York. They listed one in Long Island. I've never been to Long Island in my life, but that was not going to stop me now.

I hop on the subway and after about 30 minutes, I'm in Long Island. Now I got directions off of Mapquest so I was fairly confident that I could find my way there. I followed the directions and get to the spot where Mapquest said I should be and there was NO FUCKING BEST BUY ANYWHERE! So I begin to ask people and none of them knew anything about a Best Buy in that area.

Break out the cell phone. Dial 411. The lady said she had two numbers for the Long Island Best Buy. She connects me to the first one. Disconnected. I call back. I get connected to the second one. Disconnected. Shit!!!

I call 411 back and try to find another Best Buy. I get a bad connection on my cell phone and lose the operator.

So, I went home empty handed. No DVD. I guess I'll just order it and get it in a week or so. Kind of bummer and a waste of an afternoon.

Curse you Best Buy.

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
If anyone goes to Best Buy tonight and sees some like I did, I encourage you to try this. All they can do is say no and you might just get away with it like I did!

Hello,

Is it possible for someone to please pick up an extra CD? We don't have any Best Buys here in Europe but I'd very much like to have that CD.
I can trade for European singles or live recordings. Just email me at popmartijn@hotmail.com so we can arrange something.

C ya!

Marty (Yep, I've posted this request also in a few other threads. I'm desperate
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Back
Top Bottom