Guys: Gwen or Shirley?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have to say Gwen, although I never got to see Garbage open. I don't think it would have changed my mind...

Shirly is definately better looking, plus Garbage is a better band than No Doubt and Shirley has a better voice.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
You guys are gross, Shirley looks nasty. She used to look good, but not lately.

Gwen for sure.

(And I can't even imagine hot hot she would be if she had...um..you know...bigger...pecs)

Senor Swallow,
Frankly I must say that I am appalled by your blatant objectification of women, no matter how much I might want to see your imagination become a reality!!

Gwen is beautiful without having a large chest and as a fellow employee of mine used to say, "If they're too big you'll only get hand cramps anyway!"

But enough talk, on with the picture posting!!

Originally posted by ocu2fan:
Gwen is beautiful without having a large chest and as a fellow employee of mine used to say, "If they're too big you'll only get hand cramps anyway!"

I for one am a a big fan of women that don't look like Pam Anderson. I know she beautiful as is, but I for one think she would be even hotter with bigger numbers.

Gwen, so bloody cute !!!!

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-03-2001).]

Gwen is way too skinny
scary even

she should try eating something once in a while

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-03-2001).]

I don't see much of a difference in weight between the two, some people are just naturally thin anyway which is neither unhealthy or intentional, and a change in eating habits doesn't necessarily make a big difference

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-03-2001).]

Anybody who thinks Gwen is skinnier hasn't seen Shirley lately! SHe's a stick, and her hair is bleached and shaved off, she looks like a young boy. She really isn't looking feminine at all. I saw her in Atlanta. She goes, 'do I look fat in these pants?' and she turned sideways I thought she would blow away. Gwen looks downright well fed compared to her, slim as she is!

If anybody has a recent pic of Shirley please post, I can't find one and I didn't take any.

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
I don't see much of a difference in weight between the two, some people are just naturally thin anyway which is neither unhealthy or intentional, and a change in eating habits doesn't necessarily make a big difference

It's true. I can vouch for it.

shirley2.jpg

aww...Sicy--you'd know--why can't I show my picture? whatever am i doing wrong..lol?

[This message has been edited by TripThruUreWires (edited 12-03-2001).]

even I know you can't post pics from geocities

tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i used to like gwen so bad until i saw that lame song "blow your mind" with eve, i hate that song cuz theres nothing good about it and everybody seemed to like it. so now i dont. i mena no doubt went from being a reallly good rock band to another cypress hill or something it just sucks.
shirleys new song is cool but she just looks thin and weird with that hair. cmon!!
so the flawless lady for me is none other than...nelly furtado. she is gorgeous. adn shes got cool songs too. so ITS NELLY FOR ME.

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

This is a very interesting thread, now I am a woman and think that both of these women are very attractive, but I would probably say that Shirley has the upper hand with me as Gwen is always so kinda fake looking- with all of that make-up that she wears and her plaitnum blonde hair, but hey I am not much one for over excessive make up, so I think my vote would go with PJ Harvey out of all of the women who opened for U2, she truly has the most style, grace, best musical ability and she dosnt look fake
smile.gif

Originally posted by Salome:
Gwen is way too skinny
scary even

she should try eating something once in a while

Gwen got slammed a few years ago for porking up during their tour to support of Tragic Kingdom. Ever since then she's been pretty trim, although personally I didn't think she looked fat at all. It seems the weight nazis really need to take off their Ally McBeal glasses once in a while.
wink.gif

Shirley is cuter, but I'm not really the best judge of that, so...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Shirly Manson hands down. She oozes attitude, style, talent. Yes, right now she isn't exhibiting her finest look and she's daringly skeletal - but there's something about her bad girl demeanor and that sultry voice that makes her attractive to me.

Don't get me wrong, Gwen is a beautiful woman with a style all her own. But I'm not too fond of the whole package. The voice just kills me, sounds like nails on a chalk board - but that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by melon:
Shirley is cuter, but I'm not really the best judge of that, so...

Melon

I'm not sure if I'm the best judge either melon, with me being female and all.
wink.gif

But I think everyone no matter who they are can appreciate a person who's easy on the eyes.

Think the both look great but I like the punk-hip hop vibe of Gwen Stefani. Also Shirley comes off much older to me.

I'm sorry but Shirley puts on just as much if not more makeup then Gwen and is way thinner too. If you watch Storytellers with No Doubt, you can tell that Gwen is a girl with some meat on her bones. Actually those are some really great pictures of Gwen Stefani.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Definitely Gwen!!

As for PJ, Nelly, and the Coors....don't make me laugh

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
You guys are gross, Shirley looks nasty. She used to look good, but not lately.

Gwen for sure.

(And I can't even imagine hot hot she would be if she had...um..you know...bigger...pecs)

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 12-03-2001).]

I agree, and see guys, and some of you girls, this is the point I have been trying to make about Pop Bono- some people look better a certain way to certain people, and Bono with his beautiful dark hair and black clothes really turns me on but stubbleheaded muscleshirted Bono was gross and ugly to me! Not everyone looks good to everyone in every look. I love all Bono's looks except Pop, he's hot to me every way but that one.

Shirley in that pic with the red hair and dress is nice but the last one- eeewwww! I can see how a guy would like her looking pretty and change his mind when she changed her look. Nothing wrong with that. I really don't see how any guy could be turned on by Shirley the way she currently looks but it takes all types I suppose.

Anyway back to the question- my vote is for Gwen Stefani.

I don't think any of them are ugly! But I find Shirley's looks far more interesting.
I think it's sad that some people say that either Shirley or Gwen is ugly; that's really not a nice thing to say. Feel free to appreciate the other ones appearance but I can't see why you have to state that the other is ugly in such a harsch way.
Shirley's got a more original, cool style IMO. So what if she's not as feminine like a little princess, we all have different tastes, I for one don't find "the princess-look" attracting at all. It's a a free (mostly..) world, you can look however you like.

Back
Top Bottom