Guitarist on Pride (rare)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that this has been posted before but this is bugging me and I didn't get what the conclusion/consensus was. Who is the guitarist who plays on the "Pride (rare)" mp3. Its the version where a sick, agressive guitar solo overpowers (and blows away) edges solo. Who knows? Skeek?

Not CK

I haven't listened to that mp3 in a while but I remember thinking that a fan overdubbed the recording with his own solo as the solo was much louder and clearer than U2's playing. I'm not even sure though.

I thought someone said that they were there and it was in fact Edge playing over the sequenced main riff. They said he'd only ever played that particular solo a few times.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

What's the date of the recording? I've always thought that someone dubbed over it with his guitar....but that seems weird. Can someone pull out their book with all the U2 shows and see if Stevie Ray Vaughn played with them....

Not CK

possibly this show... but I have no reason to think so, other than the presence of other duets (Sun City, I Shall be Released)

June 04, 1986 / San Francisco, CA
Tour: Amnesty International
Venue: Cow Palace
Main Set: C'Mon Everybody, Pride, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Maggie's Farm, Help, Bad, Sun City
Encore(s): I Shall Be Released
Comments: Lineup: Joan Baez, The Neville Brothers, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Peter Gabriel, Bob Geldof, Dave Stewart, Bryan Adams, Sting, U2

I went back and listened to the recording again and I believe someone did actually just record their own solo into it. There is a high pitched distortion that occurs repeatedly (every 4 bars?). He (or she) just extended that part of the tune then played their own "guitar hero" solo over it. Sounds kind of cool in an 80's kind of way though doesn't it?

Yep-

the olive is right. I just listened to this thing a few dozen times, and I agree. If you listen closely, the squeak that is repeated is the exact same squeak every time, and feedback is never that precise. Plus, there is a girl who yells several times, and it is the identical yell each time. Someone had some fun with overdubs.

I still love it, though
smile.gif

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

wow this is one topic that keeps coming back.

i think we all agreed that it was just some one splicing in their own solo into the mp3.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom