Guitar Hero: U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guitar hero is better than "rock band"! and the new guitar hero 4 will let you make your own songs in the game. ps slash is in gh3 how cool is that.

Uhhh, no. Rock Band is much better than Guitar Hero. Praying GH doesn't lock up U2 exclusively, and we get U2 in Rock Band soon.

and yet :the fly" was not on the "Best of 1990 2000".
fuck u2. lol

not really... The Fly was actually on my copy of the best of 1990-2000, so it's not U2's fault YOU didn't get it... then you should've bought the 2disc version.

I'd be seriously buying a Wii if it gets a U2 Guitar hero... and come on, a song like Vertigo could be easily done, same with sunday bloody sunday.....and those are about the only two songs that actually sound decent without effects I can think of :lol:

Since Bono has mentioned GH at least twice recently it's quite possible. As I suggested elsewhere: New album release on GH?

GH4 is much more advanced than Rock Band and looks to be even better than Rock Band 2 with how quickly that game is being forced out.
It will have more songs, a better create-a-rocker mode, a sturdy and more efficient drum kit, a better guitar with a touch sensitive strip for tapping/sliding/improvisation (not like it's difficult to have a better controller than the horrible RB Strat), and best of all the ability to create or recreate any song you want which you can upload for other people all over the world to play.
So until we see some huge improvement with Rock Band 2, GH4 is looking like the better buy.

As for U2 having songs in it. I don't think the simplicity of their music would keep them out of the game at all because there have been many songs with easy riffs and solos before in both GH and RB. Most of their stuff would just probably be in the early to middle teirs in the setlist. Also, since now the games take each part of the music into consideration, an easy guitar part doesn't matter as much if there is a difficult drum or bass or vocal part. So U2 songs would definitely be good additions depending on which ones they are.

The Fly just was not on the US editions... I don't know why they do that sort of thing :shrug: makes absolutely no sense.
I had to order the import of U218 to get I Will Follow too. :grumpy:

:hmm: I may need to get GH4 then...

The only way I'm getting it is if they lock up U2 exclusively.

As far as the "make your own tracks" thingee, I'm guessing it's going to be crap and not work the way people would want - otherwise why would you buy any dlc from GH if you can make the songs yourself or download other people's efforts?

The reason U2 has no songs in Guitar Hero or Rock Band is because Paul McGuinness probably wants a couple mil for each song just for the privilege.

I believe he is talking about the rumor (just a rumor) made by the publication EGM about the future of the Guitar Hero series.

Quote from the article;
"We already know Guitar Hero IV is on its way, but I'm hearing two more Guitar Hero titles are also in the works, bringing Guitar Hero III's sequel count to four. And one may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways.”

These things rarely turn out to be true and are usually just teasers, but at least U2 gamers have a little morsel to chew on for a while.

Rock Band would be less likely. U2 has way too many haters in the states (everyone that doesn't own a U2 album despises them) and their audience skews older. It would be a real b**ch to try and find three other people to play with.

Back
Top Bottom