GUESS WHO PARTIED WITH FLICKERSTICK TONIGHT!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Hc54641.jpg

NO, DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MONITOR. THAT IS AN OFFICIAL SETLIST FROM FLICKERSTICK'S SHOW TONIGHT...AND YES IT IS SIGNED BY ALL 5 BAND MEMBERS. (Note: Yes those are alcohol stains at the top)

Ok, Flickerstick was playing tonight in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas. The club is 21 and up so I though that a fake ID was my only chance to get in, and I worked tonight for the resturaunt I work at. So I really didn;t think there was a chance that I would be able to get in, I thought that at best I could hang outside and listen to the show from there. Big fun, right? Blah.

Well the band was scheduled to go on at about 11 or so, I usually get out of work at about 10PM. But Tonight I was so ready to leave work earily that I was ready to leave at 9:40 PM (we close at 9:35). But naturally, 4 people came in and sat at their table for 15 minutes and then ordered their dinner. Since I'm responsible for making desserts and such I had to wait until 10:25 to find out that they decided NOT to have dessert. WANKERS! So obviously I haul out of there and drive 15 minutes to the club in my work clothes and hat hair.

I get to the club and I go in and say to the bouncer "I'll be honest with you, I'm 19, I don't drink but I REALLY want to see the band....can you help me out?" SO he was cool about it and held my ID and gave me 2 X's on my hands so I couldn't buy drinks. I went in and saw that only 75-100 people were there so far. I get a bottled water and camp out right by the middle of the stage, first row, just to the left of Brandon. I had to shove my way past a few casual bar patrons who were not happy that I made contact with them as they tried to keep me from getting in front of them. But hey I played it cool and ignored them, there was no way that people that were just there to drink were going to keep me from that stage MISTER.

So I waited for 10-15 minutes, talking making a few friends who had digital and disposible cameras handy. They will soon send me the links for the pics so those will be here shortly.

The ban finally came on, yeah man the best band I've ever seen in this town. The crowd had finally filled in to about 200-250. Brandon came out with a bottle of wine, I forget the name but I was close enough to read the label, REALLY CLOSE. It was a rather small but responsive crowd, at least where I was.
smile.gif
Brandon said he was very surprised and happy to the response Arkansas has given them, and that he was glad to be back in the south. During the show I got solid handshakes from Brandon, Fletcher and Cory. Rex and Dominic never came over to my side of the stage during the show.

It was/is/will be Cory's birthday tonight so Brandon led the audience in singing 'Happy Birthday' to him. He said that he would accept shots as presents from anyone who was willing, and there was plenty of willing shots sent his way.

Anyway it was a great show, after the first few songs the band got in the groove and rocked it. As soon as the last song was played and they began to walk off stage I jumped on stage and grabed what was the only setlist on stage.
biggrin.gif
It's mine all mine it all its ripped glory.

Here is the setlist:

Smile
Got a Feeling
Talk Show Host
Lift(With love we will survive)
Chloroform
Fade into you ('Mazzy Star' cover)
Sorry...(Wrong Trajectory)
Hollywood
Hey, or when the drugs wear off.
Coke
----
Execution by Christmas lights
Beautiful
Direct line to the telepathic
----

So after the show the majority of the people left and about 50 or so people stayed for a bit many were haning by the bar or with their friends. After about 10 minutes or so I got to go talk to the band as they came out. I talked to Brandon first...he was on-stage talking with a techie. I went up and said hi and that I really appreciate his music and I asked him to sign the setlist. As he was I asked how the audience was and he said that he liked the response and the audience was good. He was such a nice guy, very kind and really liked that I was talking to him as a person and not a fan/singer thing.

I thanked Brandon again and went over to find Dominic in a sea of women, I worked my way up and shoock hands with him...thanked him for his music and got his signature as well.

Over to Cory who was talking to a friend of mine from high-school, I said hi to them both and did the usual shake hands and get the setlist signed. Very cool guy.

I noticed Fletcher over at the bar...struted over and said hi. He looked kind of down or tired so I kept it short. "Hi. Good show, I respect your music...sign my letlist?" One left to go...

I cought Rex on his way out of the dressing room headed toward where else?...the BAR. He was so wasted, I said hi and got the signature...well more of a drunken squiggle that resembles a rock star's signature. Ha ha, Rex rules. I told him 'I was feelin' it tonight man.' He said "oriuhng...thanks..maaan..f.,hroyhglrhn....*continued babble*...rg ihnrh"

Then I decided it was my time to go...drive home and write this review. It was a good night.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Ignorance "It never fails."

AIM: JuanSwallow

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-31-2001).]

Oh yeah, I also got one of those shot glasses that Cory was drinking from...I think I'll sell it on E-bay. Heh heh, I'll be sooo rich.

Brandon also did a bit of the usual Soulcracker insults, heh heh.

They play in Little Rock tommorrow night, opening for Live. If you like Live or not, that is still a pretty impressive gig for a newer band.

DOCTOCGONZO: Yes it's a double forum, double post but hey, good news needs to be spread.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-31-2001).]

eek.gif

That is very cool, Johnny! I know it means alot to you to meet that band.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Congratulations!

I don't know who they are, though. Should I?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Oh Melon, you are soooo behind the times.
wink.gif

Well you should know them if you ever watched the 'Bands On The Run' show on VH-1. But I doubt you watch much VH-1. They were the band that won that show.

And it's cool Sicy, they no longer have that van. Now they have a lowrider tour-bus...well not lowrider but still a very nice bus.

Whatever, Vh-1 is simply a forum to get your music heard. Sure there is a lot of crap on Vh1 and MTV. But the bottom line is that people have to make a living, and exposure to new people is required if you want to continue making music for a living. People that are just too cool and indie consider that mainstream exposure is selling out but they fail to see that it is a business. If one can starve AND continue to make music for a living, by all means do so. Otherwise, bring on the opportunity.

well that should be pretty valuable when they get famous
wink.gif

just kiddin mrswallow. congrats
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

responding to this now since I never got a chance. Flickerstick is a nice band with potential to succeed. Umm I think if my memory serves me correctly they were around my area before they went to your town, because I recall them being interviewed on my local radio station and they were going to perform around here. I didn't get a chance to go but they did make mention of treating one of the band members to shots... anyway, sounds like you had an eventful, exciting time Swallow. You are suddenly the envy of all who dwell here
tongue.gif

wink.gif

'Bebe, they had a radio interview that afternoon befor ethe show on the local rock station. They talked about how badly some town in Louisiana treated them, they didn't say which town but they said it was not New Orleans. So you need to treat them better the next time they come to your state.
tongue.gif

so, who partied with Flickerstick?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

when i first saw and heard them on bands on the run i knew they would win. they were the only talented bunch. now the major alternative stations here are finally playing flickerstick songs. mostly beautiful.

i just wonder if the vh1 stigma will stick with them forever.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
So you need to treat them better the next time they come to your state.
tongue.gif

haha, so they didn't enjoy their stay?

Alright, next time they pass through (slim chance now though, right?) I'll be sure to go see their show and change the way they look at our state. I'll be extremely welcoming. I'll maybe even come out with a Flickerstick story that beats yours
tongue.gif

You lucky bitch!!!!!!!

OK, wait. I got spayed with larry's champagne and shook Edge's hand.

I take that back. I'm the lucky bitch.

P.S. Rex is the fucking coolest.

Back
Top Bottom