Guess who has a U2 iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
*Random I know, just thought it was kind of funny:

My Dad was watching a report on Fox News (*Sigh, yeah I know) on George Bush before his last State of the Union speech...

Bush was giving the reporter a tour of a room in the White House he uses examine and edit his speeches, after explaining how he was like Lincoln :)eyebrow:), he showed off some lovely pictures of him and his whole family...

On his desk sat an iDock, and in the iDock was a U2 iPod...me and my Dad just burst out in laughter...

What do you think is on it, more importantly...DID BONO GIVE IT TO HIM PERSONALLY?!?!?!

LOLOLO

(Reminded me of Bono giving that Japanese President a Red iPod Mini this week)

:lmao: Sorry, but that's hysterical. I'm definitely using this in a cartoon somewhere down the line.

^Look foward to it :)

LOLOLO

BTW: Why did you say "sorry", there's nothing to be sorry about it is hilarious!

OrARoundabout said:
^Look foward to it :)

LOLOLO

BTW: Why did you say "sorry", there's nothing to be sorry about it is hilarious!

Said "sorry" because I couldn't think of anything better to say than :lmao: . :wink:

I'm not sure if I can say our President has good musical taste or if he's just trying to suck up to Bono.

LemonMelon said:

Said "sorry" because I couldn't think of anything better to say than :lmao: . :wink:

I'm not sure if I can say our President has good musical taste or if he's just trying to suck up to Bono.
^AHHAHAHAHAHA!

Bush sucking up to Bono, now I would LIKE to see that!

Wonder if he listens to any U2 song while writing his speeches...now that...I would LOVE to see.

OrARoundabout said:

^AHHAHAHAHAHA!

Bush sucking up to Bono, now I would LIKE to see that!

Wonder if he listens to any U2 song while writing his speeches...now that...I would LOVE to see.

Question: would Bono, an Irishman, even care to watch one of these state of the union speeches when 75% of America doesn't? :wink: Poor Dubya probably went through all that effort and he never even saw it. :tsk:

I can't watch the State of the Union address because it drives me batshit crazy that there's applause after every second sentence.

Yes, yes, you like that Bush said that thing and you have to show it to those people on the other side of the political fence. Save it for the news program. Or your mySpace.

Gah. CORIANDERSTEM SMASH!!!!!

LemonMelon said:

Question: would Bono, an Irishman, even care to watch one of these state of the union speeches when 75% of America doesn't? :wink: Poor Dubya probably went through all that effort and he never even saw it. :tsk:

I bet Bono watches it just to watch it...ya know, see whats going on over here in the U.S of A, how the economy and the little war over there in the Middle East is shaping up (Its still going on right?)...

And maybe come to the conclusion that he is, indeed...a better speech giver than THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, bet it boasts his ego just that much more (Because we all know Bono has some MAJOR self confidence issues)...

makes him feel just alittle bit better about himself :)

OrARoundabout said:

I bet Bono watches it just to watch it...ya know, see whats going on over here in the U.S of A, how the economy and the little war over there in the Middle East is shaping up (Its still going on right?)...

And maybe come to the conclusion that he is, indeed...a better speech giver than THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, bet it boast his ego just that much more...

makes him feel just alittle bit better about himself :)

A large percentage of interference is probably a better speech-giver than Dubya. :wink: Bono is good at it though. He has his "uhh..."s and blank spots sometimes, but he's turning into a great little preacher. :)

LemonMelon said:

A large percentage of interference is probably a better speech-giver than Dubya. :wink: Bono is good at it though. He has his "uhh..."s and blank spots sometimes, but he's turning into a great little preacher. :)

Yeah, he sure as hell is...

Like this passage, it was delivered at the dedication of the Soldiers' National Cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on the afternoon of Thursday, November 19, 1863, during the American Civil War, four and a half months after the Union armies defeated those of the Confederacy at the decisive Battle of Gettysburg...

"I believe in love. Yes, I believe in love! Love! Money! Love! I believe in poetry! Electricity! Cheap cosmetics! I believe in the sky over my head and my silver shoes beneath me! I believe in Las Vegas! I've been there! I know that it exists. I believe in you! I believe for you! I have a vision! I have a vision! I have a vision! I have a vision! Television! Television! Television! Television!"

GREAT WORDS BY A TRULY-GREAT-MAN!
:sad:

bono_mirror-ball_man-2.jpg

Jeannieco said:

I know me too! I have a sudden urge to destroy it!

Kinda like the sick feeling I got when Condi Rice said u2 was her favorite band. :| :sick:
R u serious? When did she say that? &$@!%*%#&/@&$!!!!!! Could be worse I guess *sigh

OrARoundabout said:
R u serious? When did she say that? &$@!%*%#&/@&$!!!!!! Could be worse I guess *sigh

Ya, it was all over CNN last year when Bono was doing the DC rounds again.
I was so bummed when I heard that, but then again their music brings people together from all walks of life.
But still it makes me wonder, does she even listen to the lyrics?

Back
Top Bottom