Greatest Moments In a U2 song??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Number them so we can have a list going, would you?? :wink:

number. Song - Explain yourself.....??

1. One - The line "Love is a Temple, Love a higher Law. Love is a Temple, Love a Higher Law." The moment he starts singing the second "love is a temple", EVERY SINGLE NOTE played by whatever instrument, or sung by whoever just melts together perfectly on the word 'Love'. I'm sorry, that is just the most PERFECT moment in U2's ENTIRE career, and I've wanted to state that fact for god knows how long.

The greatest ever moment is actually the intro to Streets.

okay...i ONCE had an idea for a nice LISTING thread, but never mind.............!

The ba-ba-ba-da-da-da part in Miami.

No seriously. There are random parts in songs where I just go damn thats amazing. For example coming out of for l"ove or money" in Desire where Bono hit's "Yeaaaaaah Fever", for some reason I totally dig that.

Another top 10 moment would have to be the third verse of Until The End Of The World.

I love how Edge's guitar kicks into high gear after the 2nd verse in The Electric Co. Doubly so on the Under a Blood Red Sky version, when right before that guitar moment, Bono yells "Break it up". When I finally got to hear this song/moment in person for the 1st time down in San Diego, I just about freaked out.

I, like all of you, could list myriad moments like this, but this was the one that leaped to mind immediately.

blahblahblah said:
okay...i ONCE had an idea for a nice LISTING thread, but never mind.............!

Yes, but you just had to put the most over-rated U2 song ever at #1, so what did you expect me to say? :wink:

The last 40 seconds of the single version of If God Will Send His Angels

The "i don't wanna promise, and i don't want 2 lie/I just know that I need you toniiiiiight" line coupled w/ where do we go from The Edge. That falsetto note and the drums at the end:drool: :drool: :drool:

Bad -- the very last "fade away!" when edge's guitar kicks up an octave and larry starts really going at it. gets me every time.

also . . .

the studio version of The Fly, during the last chorus, when the falsetto sings the words a second time, right during the 2nd 'falling, (from the sky)' theres a high pitched noise from Edge's gutiar that is just pure gold!

discothequeLP said:
Bad -- the very last "fade away!" when edge's guitar kicks up an octave and larry starts really going at it. gets me every time.

also . . .

the studio version of The Fly, during the last chorus, when the falsetto sings the words a second time, right during the 2nd 'falling, (from the sky)' theres a high pitched noise from Edge's gutiar that is just pure gold!

I know just what you're talking about, yes, amazing moment.

the most amazing part is in MERCY, after the "I feeeeeeel.. nothing.. uuuuuuuh-uh-uh" is that EDGE solo.. so simple, so pure, yet SO, SO, SO AMAZING.. touching, heart-felt, soul-scratching, OMFG moment :drool:

Axver said:

Yes, but you just had to put the most over-rated U2 song ever at #1, so what did you expect me to say? :wink:

NOTHING !!!!

Streets intro, also WOWY ending.

One "did I ask too much, more than a lot, you gave me nothing now it's all I've got". I like the way he belts it.

Stay - the "stay, with the spirit I found, stay, with the demons I drowned stay and the night would be enough" and the finishing falsetto.

"I know that we don't talk I'm sick of it all, can you hear me when I sing , you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me " amazing.

Last edited:
Axver said:

timothius said:

You must've misread it. One was the first example, not Pride...

What (s)he said, just an example I wasn't (like SOMEBODY ;)) trying to pass off my opinion as gospel...heh

I once thought 'One' was massively overrated myself...but you leave it for a YEAR or so and listen to it again...perfect stuff. I'm personally quite sick of streets at the moment.

lemon

And I feel... like I'm slowly slowly slowly slippin' under

that part of lemon, after the weird first minute

Neenie said:
Yahweh

sun is coming up
Sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean -

-Thats a great moment.

OMG yeah! amazing!

For me:

Red rocks, SBS, after the solo, with that amazing drums by larry, edge scraching his guitar, and adam doing a bass circle... Amazing!

"Wipe your tears awaaaaay..."

Another: The middle-end guitar notes by the edge in All I want is you, after the "YOOOOUU, ALL I WANT IS YOOOUU..."

As others have said, the Streets intro is probably the greatest, but does anyone else love the verse in Heartland with the "ghost ranch hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllls"? Just terrific!!!

1. The last chorus of All I Want Is You followed by the best Edge guitar solo ever.
2. The last 45 seconds of Heartland
3. All of Acrobat
4. "Oh you look so beautiful tonight!"
5. The "yeah" at the start of Desire
6. The slide solo and the falsetto ending to Zoo TV versions of Mysterious Ways

Okay, this is gonna be hard cos they're too many...

1. The chugging guitar solo in the middle of UTEOTW as D'oh! pointed out.

2. The beginning of EBTTRT when it kicks off with Bono's voice fading out in the background

3. The ending of Do You Feel Loved when he's going "do you feeeeel... do you feeeeeeel...." and sustains the falsetto until the original bass line returns.

4. Most of heartland esp. "cool green valleys... shining cities"

5. Ending solo of All I Want Is You.

6. Most of Acrobat, esp. "no new ideas in the house, every book has been read" (what a contradiction!) & the spine tingling guitar solo of course.

7. Intro to Streets (didn't even have to mention it)

8. The first minute of Zoo Station. That offset guitar riff & drums.

9. The spiral staircase part in Promenade

10. "And if the mountain should crumble..." part in Unforgettable Fire

I could go on but I won't. I'll just add this. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom