Greatest Moments In a U2 song??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Fly - the solo and the chorus after it.
Acrobat - the chorus, the solo and the ending

forgot to add.... the ending of WOWY as U2girl pointed out. When that bass returns, it's just too beautiful for words. :heart:

"sugar come on show your soul you've been keeping your love under control"

Doesn't get any better than that.

1. Intro of Streets off cource, which is absolutely amazing.

2. The "take me higher" lines in EBTTRT give me chills every time I hear it.

3. Edge's guitar part in Mysterious Ways when he moves his feet on a very cool way.

4. I'm a man line of Kite, amazing!

5. Also the intro of OOTS is amazing, amazing vocals.

1.The Fly solo
2.Bullet solo(live)
3.One solo and Do you hear us coming love?
4.Streets intro
5.First minute of ZOO station
6.Opening riff to Zooropa
7.fasetto in Lemon
8.Acrobat
9.Riff in Uv
10.WOWY solo and love will tear us apart/love is a temple

I like when Zooropa's lyrics start, the music right at that part and hearing Bono's voice, finally, during the song.

Again, there are just sooooo many to choose from, but, it is interesting to see what parts are just parts to me, but move others. And vice-versa.

Left off one that really gives me the chills, I'm a moron....during A Sort of Homecoming, everything from "The wind will crack..." until "She will die, and live again....tonight".....good lord, that part kills me, every single time. Wow.

:)

No spoken words said:

Left off one that really gives me the chills, I'm a moron....during A Sort of Homecoming, everything from "The wind will crack..." until "She will die, and live again....tonight".....good lord, that part kills me, every single time. Wow.

:)

Ooh, yes! I forgot about that one. Good call. :up:

The part on The Unforgettable Fire (the album) where 4th of July quietly transitions into the opening chords of Bad always gives me the chills. That moment pretty much sums up the kind of album that UF is, at least for me.

Hmm, so many good ones already gone! I'll try to branch out a bit....

1. The last two minutes or so of Please, particularly the live version

2. The final "There will there be no time for sorrow" verses of Playboy Mansion

3. Basically all of Angel of Harlem

4. The "with your soldiers of Zion" line in Love and Peace Or Else. Bono's phrasing sounds so cool....he turns into Stevie Wonder for about two seconds.

5. The intro to the acoustic version of Electrical Storm (I'm currently obsessed with this song at the moment, so pardon my French but U2 need to play this song on the tour starting f***in yesterday)

6. The 'Hallelujah' part of Hands That Built America

7. The bass line of Twilight

U2girl said:

Stay - the "stay, with the spirit I found, stay, with the demons I drowned stay and the night would be enough" and the finishing falsetto.

When I read that I totally got goosebumps that part is amazing!!I also have to agree with the intro to Streets and Bad when he sings"I'm wide awake"!!! SO beautiful!

The first chorus in Do You Feel Loved. Extremely low and sexy.

The Edge's solo in Miracle Drug followed by "Beneath the noise..."

Bono in SYCMOYO with "Best you can do...is to fake it"

In UTEOTW "In the garden I was playing the tart..."

IGWSHA, "It's the blind leading the blond..." followed by the magnificent "So where is the hope, and where is the faith, and the love..."

The beginning of Running To Stand Still -- "And so she woke up..."

Intros of Streets and Zoo Station.

The Fly's "A man will beg, a man will crawl..."

this isn't the best by any means, but I thought of one that I don't think anyone else has said...

the moment in Playboy Mansion (one of my fav songs off Pop), where he sings "then will there be no time for sorrow/then will there be no time for shame/and though I can't say why/ I know I've got to believe" and he hits that note. I love that moment. It's so shocking, after the first verses filled with irony and cynicism, all the sudden you have this statement of faith. but it's so fragile and not as self-assured as in the 80s. I dig it.

I've been watching ZooTV Sydney, so I've got two from there.

1. The hallelujahs at the end of Running To Stand Still, especially the second to last "halle, halle, hallelujah" where Bono's voice really hits the top.

2. The part in Love Is Blindness right after Bono sings the "a little death with out mourning......" part and then kind of cries out and the Edge goes into that "so beautiful it hurts" guitar solo. :drool:

PopFly said:
Hmm, so many good ones already gone! I'll try to branch out a bit....

1. The last two minutes or so of Please, particularly the live version

2. The final "There will there be no time for sorrow" verses of Playboy Mansion

3. Basically all of Angel of Harlem

4. The "with your soldiers of Zion" line in Love and Peace Or Else. Bono's phrasing sounds so cool....he turns into Stevie Wonder for about two seconds.

5. The intro to the acoustic version of Electrical Storm (I'm currently obsessed with this song at the moment, so pardon my French but U2 need to play this song on the tour starting f***in yesterday)

6. The 'Hallelujah' part of Hands That Built America

7. The bass line of Twilight

I loved that line in Love and Peace from the first listen, back on that blessed Weekend that the album leaked. But, isn't it "daughters of Zion"?

Promenade-the spiral staircase-part

OOTS - everywhere you go you shout it/combined with Edges guitar right there--oooh amazing

SYCMIOYO - when he belts out the "you're the reaaaason why..." near the end

God Part II - all of Larry's drumming there, so much energy, the first verse "the truth is not the same w/o the lies he made up"...and especially the "heared a man singing on the radio late last night, said he's gonna kick the darkness till it bleeds daylight"

All of Heartland

daygloeyes2 said:
Lary crashing on the cymbals in Streets. He crashed on them at the perfect moments.

ch'ya :yes:

but i also love the drums beating away near the end of 'Bad'.. and the last verse ".. if you should ask, then maybe they'd tell you what I would say.. ".
I love that verse for some reason :shrug:

man, just reading this thread and recalling all of these great u2 songs gives me the chills!

Joshua87 said:
Edge's jump when he enters in Gone in Popmart Mexico :wink:

that is way cool! i've tried doing that myself with my guitar and it usually ends up with something painful but i'll get it eventually

stagman said:
When Bono yells out All I want is You near the end of the song...then Edge takes over and it's pure Bliss!

:up:

from Chicago 4, May 12 ~ Vertigo Tour 2005-

The whole band huddles around Larry's drumkit, Bono with both arms around Adam and the Edge, as they close out a 10+ minute version of 'Bad'

Was there in person and it was really a moment to be saved, for sure :yes:

Here's the link to a fellow Interferencer's photo of the moment
http:// romy lou0 .tripod. com/U2Chicago4-Pages/Image126.html

copy and paste, remove spaces in the address

Last edited:
all of you seem to be missing the best moment...the lead up and solo in Miracle Drug is absolutly beautiful and amazing, so much soul and energy.

Running To Stand Still - When Bono sings Whooooooo and those thudding drums kick in along with the beautifully understated picked guitar, all above one of the most simple yet beautiful piano riffs ever. Amazing. And live it's unbelievable whether he sings "still running" or "hallelujah" at the end. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom