Great U2 Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
the ones that spring to mind right now are

Keane's "With or Without You"
The Bravery's "An Cat Dubh"
Bell X1's "Heartland"
and The Smashing Pumpkins' "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)"

are there any others I forgot that are worth listening to?

Ari Hest did a lovely cover of Running to Stand Still that I found on Limewire one day, it's live somewhere. The Counting Crows also did a pretty good (again live) version of I Will Follow.

I agree with the Pumpkins' cover, I didn't like it at first but it definitely grew on me. As Billy Corgan's voice does.

I love Dream Theater's cover of Red Hill Mining Town. I wish they'd covered Bad in it's live rather than studio form, though.

Neal Morse's rearrangement of Where The Streets Have No Name is interesting too, and I like the acoustic live All I Want Is You by Anathema's Danny Cavanagh.

U2DMfan said:
Running to Stand Still by Tori Amos is pretty awesome.

This is probably the only one I really like.

Cash's version of One is good...

But for the most part, I haven't heard any that blow me away.

Must agree with the last post, other than J Cash's One any cover ive ever heard has been garbage, for example The Chimes, I still havent found, Pet Shop Boys-Streets, Blige-One...

Wow, I haven't even heard of most of these. I had no idea Smashing Pumpkins did Stay or The Bravery did An Cat Dubh. How did that sound? I'm curious.

Rogue Wave did a nice cover of Seconds, and of course Cash's version of One is classic. This band - I think it was Pillar? - did sort of a heavy-ish cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday, and I liked it pretty well.

My band does a mean cover of Vertigo, it should be on everyone's favourite U2 covers list :wink:

If anyone wants to hear the covers I mentioned, leave your emails and I'll send a link.

amerrydeath said:
Ari Hest did a lovely cover of Running to Stand Still that I found on Limewire one day, it's live somewhere. The Counting Crows also did a pretty good (again live) version of I Will Follow.

I agree with the Pumpkins' cover, I didn't like it at first but it definitely grew on me. As Billy Corgan's voice does.

Counting Crows did I Will Follow? Do you know where I can find an mp3 of this?

I'm a big fan of them. The only other U2 thing I've heard them do was when Adam Duritz sometimes sang a snippet of Red Hill Mining Town (the "I'm hanging on / You're all that's left to hold on to" part).

The Keane and Bravery covers were surprisingly pretty good.

I haven't really heard many of the other ones. If anyone could send the Smashing Pumpkins or Dream Theater covers my way, I'd really appreciate it. I think the Dream Theater cover should be interesting and I just plain love the Pumpkins.

XHendrix24 @ comcast.net [without the spaces]

sanctus real's cover of beautiful day was simply fantastic

audio adrenaline's cover of gloria was rockin', i like what they did to it

umm i didnt like tait's cover of one that much, johnny cash's is much better

one of my moronic friends loves pillar's version of SBS, says its better than the original, but i think he is stupid and he doesnt like U2 anyways...

Love is Blindness by Trespassers William is beautiful.

Actually I'd recommend anything by Trespassers William.

Johnny Cash's version of One is amazing.

I have a band covering SBS, although I have not got a clue who the band is. When I got it from Limewire it said it was Sublime, but I have never heard of them :huh:

I also have Nirvana singing SBS. It's pretty good.

Kildare said:

Counting Crows did I Will Follow? Do you know where I can find an mp3 of this?

I'm a big fan of them. The only other U2 thing I've heard them do was when Adam Duritz sometimes sang a snippet of Red Hill Mining Town (the "I'm hanging on / You're all that's left to hold on to" part).

I can email it to you if you want, I obtained it in the days when downloading music for free was semi-legal still. Or at least people thought it was. LOL.

Bullet The Blue Sky by Sepultura is quite interesting..!

Pet Shop Boys' Streets version by far the best cover though, love it!

Axver said:
I love Dream Theater's cover of Red Hill Mining Town. I wish they'd covered Bad in it's live rather than studio form, though.

Neal Morse's rearrangement of Where The Streets Have No Name is interesting too, and I like the acoustic live All I Want Is You by Anathema's Danny Cavanagh.

I remember hearing 'Bad' by DT live, but my download didn't pull throug all the way. It sounded really good though...

Where can you hearing Red Hill?

Is it too late

I would like some of these covers. Especially the Johnny Cash-One and The Bravery's A Cat Dubh.

I have the Keane cover and I think it rocks. Any others you can send me and I will see what I think

mediaman44@gmail.com

The Bravery covered 'The Electric Co' at Coachella in 2005... no one's been able to get an MP3...

Back
Top Bottom