Great U2 Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 2 disc charity cd of Irish artists covering U2 tracks, and some of the songs are so :drool:

New Year's Day - Aslan, so different so brilliant
Heartland - Bell X1
Vertigo - Elvis impersonator
A Sort of Homecoming - Hazel Kaneswaran
And the two covers of Sunday Bloody Sunday are pretty great as well

If any wants me to e-mail the songs to them I can

this is the cd http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/trib018.html

Last edited:
amerrydeath said:

I can email it to you if you want, I obtained it in the days when downloading music for free was semi-legal still. Or at least people thought it was. LOL.

That'd be great. My e-mail address is johndavi@gwu.edu

Thanks in advance!

Ha, I was checking one of my local Christian radio stations, looking for who has covered Pride on that station too, and I couldn't find it, but i DID notice that Christ Tomlin's cover of Where the Streets Have No Name is like #5 on their most requested list

I find that interesting, this station plays plenty of U2 covers, but not the actual band, same with my local Christian Rock station, they played Pillar's SBS a LOT, and Sanctus Real's Beautiful Day plenty (which I love)...but they dont play U2 either blah

James Blunt does a cover of In A Little While (MP3 link on U2log)

Civilles and Cole did a dance version of Pride back in the early 90s

Nate Dogg said:
James Blunt does a cover of In A Little While (MP3 link on U2log)

I just listened to it and it was worse than I expected.

Damien Rice does a half decent cover of ISHFWILF

Souly said:

Damien Rice does a half decent cover of ISHFWILF

I really like his version, even though the version I have is pretty poor quality, it sounds great.

James Blunt on the other hand...wow, fucking butchered that song.

I love that Damien Rice version of 'Still Haven't Found'.

Johnny Cash's version of 'One' is awesome of course, and I think Elvis Costello did a great job with 'Please'.

But really the Pet Shop Boys one takes the cake. It's pure genius.

I have Vanessa Carlton's cover of "Streets". It was actually on an early (pre-release) version of Harmonium (the 7th track). I have no idea why they cut it before officially releasing the album. License fees perhaps?

Here's some covers people may or may not enjoy. They're all live performances so I think they're fine to post. I know Dream Theater's Bad is an audience recording and Danny Cavanagh's AIWIY is from a radio broadcast. I'm pretty sure that Dream Theater's RHMT was not officially released, though other parts of the show it's from were.

Note: Remove the gap between 'send' and 'space' for the links to work.

Dream Theater - Bad (a few minutes of pointless crowd noise at the end, sorry)
http://www.send space.com/file/t5m6xd

Dream Theater - Red Hill Mining Town
http://www.send space.com/file/p06fyk

Danny Cavanagh (of Anathema) - All I Want Is You
http://www.send space.com/file/64e35m

One by Johnny Cash

Streets / Can't take my eyes of you by the PSB: what a combination...

did this thread die:sad:

i wanted to get some of these good covers

please don't die

:shocks the thread with difibriblators:

"live"

when bono first heard it he sent neil tennant from the pet shop boys, saying" What have i, what have i, what have i done to dererve this." Bono thought it was shit too.

If the Danny Cavanagh and Dream Theater covers of U2 have dead links, I'd be happy to re-upload them. :)

I personally love Howie Day's cover of One :yes:

As for some not-so-great covers

*cough*cher*coughcough*clay aiken*/cough*

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned The Interferers yet.
Absolute best u2 covers EVER.

Hehehe!!

Sorry, couldn't pass that up.

Last edited:
good it didn't die.

I wanted to get some of those covers, especially the ones on the first page, like the bravery's cover and the johnny cash cover of one.

LemonMacPhisto was going to send a bunch of them to people when he got his account working. I left my email and I haven't gotten any. That is why I didn't want this thread to die.

Back
Top Bottom