Great to see Bono rubbing shoulders with assholes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even I am starting to wonder what he's doing.
Murdoch is a Bond villain come to life.
Greeeeeeeeeeeed is goooooooooooood
more more more money!

Just because you make a lot of money does that make you greedy?

Does that make Bill Gates greedy?

People have lost the plot.....good on Bono for going into places a "celebraty" usually would never be seen. Most of them just talk but when it comes time for action they pussyfoot around the issues....get in their and talk some sense into the people that need sense talked into them.....

On second thought maybe he should come here to Interference because I think some people here really need a good talking to....

Keep up with the mission and dont let the bastards grind you down!

The thing is those big fucking sunglasses in colors like red & blue make him look reeeeeally insincere! How the hell did he become the guy he spoofed on Zoo TV??? :(

I think his image is a big reason there's so much Bono hatin' going on these days!

Yahweh said:

People have lost the plot.....good on Bono for going into places a "celebraty" usually would never be seen. Most of them just talk but when it comes time for action they pussyfoot around the issues....get in their and talk some sense into the people that need sense talked into them.....

On second thought maybe he should come here to Interference because I think some people here really need a good talking to....

Keep up with the mission and dont let the bastards grind you down!

:up: I don't understand why people are so upset when the bottom line is, Bono is getting things done. and it's not like he's helping these people in other ways, I mean when he met with Bush he didn't announce that he supported the Iraq war :huh: so what's the issue? you'd rather Bono not meet with anyone just because it's "uncool" to see him with people you don't like? get over it. (this message is addressed to no one in particular)

as for his shades...who cares, really? I mean, he's worn the shades for over a decade now, they've become a part of his image. personally I'd like him better without them, or at least if he maybe didn't wear them ALL the time, but I don't think it's a big deal :shrug:

Yahweh said:

Difference between Murdoch and Gates is that Murdoch forces his crappy tv companies on everybody. You wanna watch YOUR NATIONAL Test Cricket team, for example, then you have to pay Murdoch for that privilege where as 1 year ago it was on FTA TV. Thats the way it is. Outbidding everybody and everything, steamrolling the opposition until he has complete control.

At least Bill Gates designs great software such as Windows Millenium edition.......errr I'll get me coat!:huh:

rjhbonovox said:
...like media mogul and complete tw#t Rupert Murdoch. While your there Bono can you ask the Aussie bast#rd if the English can watch there OWN Cricket team on national tv and not have to pay subscription money to an Aussie's shite tv company. Oh how the mighty have fallen!:wink:

But if Bono loves to rub shoulders with *ssh*les, then you should be his best buddy!

*snicker

:sexywink:

In the world of business and politics, it seems everyone is an ass. And for every person that likes a politician, another (or more) do not. But, alas, to get things done, one has to deal with the Murdoch's and the Trump's the Bush's and the Blaire's. But sometimes, there are the Gate's, who are businessmen, but also extremely generous. Given how much Bill Gate's has donated over the years (billions of $$), he should be embarrassing all of the above.

Bono's shades said:
I hope he's donating any money he does get for speaking to charity.
because all of us already donate such a larger percentage of our salary than he does?

one of the things that surprise me more than 'the people Bono decides to talk to' (I have a list with about 4,358,194 items in Excel) is 'the number of people who have a problem with 'the people Bono decides to talk to'

Zootlesque said:
The thing is those big fucking sunglasses in colors like red & blue make him look reeeeeally insincere! How the hell did he become the guy he spoofed on Zoo TV??? :(

I think his image is a big reason there's so much Bono hatin' going on these days!

He was so sincere on Zoo TV of all eras.

I am in agreeance with the 40 something year-old that is willing to walk the walk and get the meetings that are necessary done, more than the "rebellious" guy who mouthed off against Reagan or the "cool" guy that prank-phoned the White House.
I'm sure it's not anti establishment enough for some, though. Fight the power! :happy:

U2girl said:
I am in agreeance with the 40 something year-old that is willing to walk the walk and get the meetings that are necessary done, more than the "rebellious" guy who mouthed off against Reagan or the "cool" guy that prank-phoned the White House.
I'm sure it's not anti establishment enough for some, though. Fight the power! :happy:

Goes totally against being a Rock Star. Rubbing shoulders and kissing ass is now the norm for Bono where as he was always "fuc# the establishment or whatever" before. Remember the "what an asshole you have for president" speach back in 1995 in France. Now, though, he would probably be shaking the same guys hand and saying what a great bloke he is. Bono has probably gone from being the coolest guy on the planet to being the biggest tw#t on the planet in past 6 years.

Re: Re: Great to see Bono rubbing shoulders with assholes...

doctorwho said:
But if Bono loves to rub shoulders with *ssh*les, then you should be his best buddy!

*snicker

:sexywink:

So thinly veiled personal attacks are okay now if accompanied with a sexywink smiley??? :huh:

I realize rjbonovox can get under people's skin here but at least I've never ever seen him go insulting other posters.

rjhbonovox said:

Bono has probably gone from being the coolest guy on the planet to being the biggest tw#t on the planet in past 6 years.

Dear oh dear, comments like that just totally confirm what a complete selfish tw#t you really are.

As far as cricket goes, when bono asks rupert the bear about it appearing back on terrestial uk tv, please can bono remind him that us scots hate the fecking so called sport and would gladly rather watch paint dry!

gman said:
As far as cricket goes, when bono asks rupert the bear about it appearing back on terrestial uk tv, please can bono remind him that us scots hate the fecking so called sport and would gladly rather watch paint dry!

Not in Edinburgh...

No it doesnt go against being a rock star maybe it goes against what you feel a rock star should be but it doesnt go against being a rock star....rock stars make music, activists like Bono make real news and sometimes it takes talking to people you dont agree with, to get a point across.

Most musicians and celebs in general dont do much about what they are concerned with at least Bono is using what he has to do something about what he cares about and really what a lot of other people in this world should care about too.

Yahweh said:
No it doesnt go against being a rock star maybe it goes against what you feel a rock star should be but it doesnt go against being a rock star....rock stars make music, activists like Bono make real news and sometimes it takes talking to people you dont agree with, to get a point across.

Most musicians and celebs in general dont do much about what they are concerned with at least Bono is using what he has to do something about what he cares about and really what a lot of other people in this world should care about too.

Yep he has and its been at the expense of the music for the past 6 years. He has more passion for his Africa cause than he has for the music these days. But thats, I suppose, what happens when Rock stars and groups approach 40-50, they need to find other things to occupy themselves. Whats more worrying is that Bono maybe will be more remembered as the crusading celebrity that shook hands with politicians to help Africa instead of being remembered for being a great singer and song writer. Like Bob Geldof, who lets face it will only be remembered for his charity work as he was a crap singer. Only time will tell.

Sorry but that is false U2 have sold more records even in the last 6 years of which you dont like them then most bands have sold in their career total...U2 will be remembered for their music as well as being great humanitarians and there is nothing wrong with that at all. More people should take it up. I think the music they have done in the last 6 years is some of their best music and I have been a fan probably just as long as you have.

rjhbonovox said:

Yep he has and its been at the expense of the music for the past 6 years. He has more passion for his Africa cause than he has for the music these days. But thats, I suppose, what happens when Rock stars and groups approach 40-50, they need to find other things to occupy themselves. Whats more worrying is that Bono maybe will be more remembered as the crusading celebrity that shook hands with politicians to help Africa instead of being remembered for being a great singer and song writer. Like Bob Geldof, who lets face it will only be remembered for his charity work as he was a crap singer. Only time will tell.

You're wrong. He's going to be remembered as the crusading rock star that shook hands with politicians to get aide to Africa.

He's always going to be remembered for his political views and awareness because U2 will always be associated with politics.

From as early as the WAR album Bono has used his band and rock and roll as a medium to get his message and views across, the concert stage was his forum. Look at the Joshua Tree tour and the stigma that followed him. They tried to downplay the political side of U2 during the Zoo TV tour but that lasted until the Sarajevo link ups.

He's moved beyond the stage now because there really isn't a lot you can do from there.

U2 has always had a message.

Salome said:
because all of us already donate such a larger percentage of our salary than he does?

one of the things that surprise me more than 'the people Bono decides to talk to' (I have a list with about 4,358,194 items in Excel) is 'the number of people who have a problem with 'the people Bono decides to talk to'

Under normal circumstances when he is in rock star mode, such as when U2 is in concert, I think what percentage of his income he donates to charity is his business and nobody elses. However, if he is speaking somewhere exclusively as an advocate for the poor and starving, it would be extremely hypocritcal for him to pocket a huge fee for it.

Back
Top Bottom