Great Perfomance of Two Hearts (rare)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's an awesome gig. I particularly love Twilight.

the tourist said:
Where do you get something like that on dvd??

Tourist and Bonocomet,

For future reference, sign up with U2torrents.com and learn how to use bittorrent so you can download all these U2 bootlegs on your own, no need to trade for them.

In the meantime, give me your mailing addresses and I'll send each of you a copy of the U2 War Tour Loreley gig DVD. I converted it to NTSC so it's viewable in North America.

I'm particularly fond of the Loreley DVD because it really conveys the ambience of the War Tour back then. As great as the UABRS video is, it really doesn't give me the "feel" of how the War Tour actually was.

The UABRS video made it seem really epic and big, whereas I remember feeling like we were part of a very small, cool underground club of fans watching their Irish buddies play a ragged but energetic show in SF the same week as the Red Rocks gig, with Edge's rig blowing up during the first song (OOC) and Bono getting all pissed off about it.

What's striking about the Loreley DVD is how apprehensive the fans are at first, watching Bono climbing all over the place. You can see a lot of people laughing at him. It makes you wonder how many in the audience even knew much about U2 at that point, maybe they heard NYD on the radio and decided to check them out, not knowing who this Bono character was.

By the end of the show, however, the crowd is completely won over... another load of U2 converts!

Cheers,
Nick

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Last edited:
the tourist said:
Ahhh. Okay. You make it sound so easy. Hahaha.

See above. It really is so easy. I got into bootlegs through U2Torrents.com and generous people like 4U2Play. I've got well over 200 lossless bootlegs and DVDs, and almost every known bootleg in MP3.

Axver, my connections are pretty lame when it comes to torrenting - what I'm getting at is that we might do a trade or something sometime? Say, you give me some bootleg dvds and I give you a drawing of New Zealand playing a guitar? :hmm:

4U2Play Thank you! I sent you an email. I think I am signed up over at U2torrents, a long time ago, but at the time had such a slow connection back then. I think it's time I go back now :hmm:
Let me know if I can send you blank dvd's for the trade. I have done that before since I don't have much for trade yet. Thanks again :) Very cool hearing about your War tour show memories :up:

Waay back in time I had that gig on VHS tape going and I wore it out! Thank god for the digital age. The highlight has to be Bono wearing the stripey top during Seconds. U2 was a 'simple' band then, there was nobody deciding what they should wear. Bring back those days!

What a joyously exuberant performance, and I'd forgotten what a good song Two Hearts is. Some observations:

- Which is worse, Bono's sleeveless top, the leather trousers, or the shocking mullet? This performance shows what an awesome frontman he is though.
- Adam, please sing a little on the next tour. This is the first time I've ever been able to make out your backing vocals, and your contributions actually made the song sound better.
- Larry looks like he's having a great time.
- It's not the best venue U2 have ever played, is it? Crowd safety was presumably not a priority at that place, judging by the ramshackle barriers (and who are the people crouching on the stageside of the barriers, the promoter's kids and their friends?!)

The Sad Punk said:
Axver, my connections are pretty lame when it comes to torrenting - what I'm getting at is that we might do a trade or something sometime? Say, you give me some bootleg dvds and I give you a drawing of New Zealand playing a guitar? :hmm:

:lol: Sure. I don't trade any more, I haven't for at least two years, but I'd be happy to dig out some stuff and burn it for you - especially if it comes with New Zealand rocking out an Explorer in return!

Then hopefully nobody will be asking for the return of either avatar. :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:
They should so bring this song back! It's such a rocking and fun tune. It's full of energy, I think it would be a great addition nowdays.
Wasn't it last played at one the Point Depot shows in 1989? From memory it sounded pretty bad. Even then, just a few years afer War, they couldn't make the song sound nearly as 'big'. Nonetheless it would be cool to see them dust it off thesedays! Would be fun for Edge to produce that guitar sound using his modern day effects rig. It could sound really really mega (bit like LAPOE perhaps).

Yeah, THBAO was last played on 1989-12-27. That's the only time it has been done live since April 1985.

Back
Top Bottom