GRAMMYS-POST ALL COMMENTS, ETC. HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I predicted that one. U2 got screwed again. First Achtung Baby, now ATYCLB. I mean a blue grass album??????? I think I would have preferred almost any other album win over that. The Academy is full of shit once again. How many of you bought the Steely Dan album last year?? Yeah, they really have a clue.

That was complete BS. My mom and sister were like "WTF". And I was in shock. Did you see Bono was the first to stand up and clap? That was nice. But that's just B.S. I guess the grammys like controversey...they can fuck off!

Now I have a bad feeling about the two remaining awards. Album of the year was the only category I had any real confidence.

It was a compilation for crying out loud!!!

Sorry, but to me that falls into a Metallica vs. Jethro Tull type "robbed".

It's also country and it's been awhile since country won, they have to kiss the butts of all genres and a rock one won last year. I still think this sucks though. BS! U2 was better.

My apologies to those who like that soundtrack, but I have heard parts of it, and I hated it.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

UPDATED RESULTS

8 total nominations.

WON: 3
LOST: 3
LEFT: 2

Specifically...

WON
* Rock Album
* Group Pop Performance w/ Vocal (Stuck)
* Group Rock Performance (Elevation)

LOST
* Rock Song (Elevation lost to Train)
* Rock Song (Walk On lost to Train)
* Album of the Year (lost to O Brother sdtk.)

LEFT
* Record of the Year (Walk On)
* Song of the Year (Stuck)

I *believe* Record of the Year is the final award announced, and I still got a gut feeling about Walk On.

Dylan and U2 split the voting allowing the soundtrack to win.

mp3 of grammy "walk on" now posted at ********* -- in the mp3 section.

Well, thank you Interference for blocking the URL on that one. Nice.
Let's try again. u 2 o u t l o u d.com

[thx to CDragon]

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

[This message has been edited by btdavis (edited 02-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by btdavis (edited 02-27-2002).]

"O Brother..." was the best nominee in that category...following ATYLCB, Love and Theft, and Stankonia.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
Chill guys.

First time in a WHILE a soundtrack has won album of the year, and it is a very, VERY good album.

It's NOT All That You Can't Leave Behind, but it's not a bullshit call.

It is BS. Basically, it's saying don't be original - go remake some old songs and you'll get an award. I would have rather seen OutKast or Dylan win than that soundtrack.

Again, the soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou? is a VERY GOOD ALBUM. U2 did indeed get robbed (especially given its post-9/11 poignancy), but this isn't a crime like, say, TRAIN winning.

On other notes...

* I couldn't understand a single word Vincent Price sung.

* Mary J. Blige has problems.

Originally posted by doctorwho:

It is BS. Basically, it's saying don't be original - go remake some old songs and you'll get an award. I would have rather seen OutKast or Dylan win than that soundtrack.

I agree. Pure B.S. Remaking old songs, what the hell.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
Now I have a bad feeling about the two remaining awards. Album of the year was the only category I had any real confidence.

I had the same feeling. I assumed (bad thing to do) that they would totally get album of the year. And I figure(d) Alicia Keys would get song and record. But no, I will change my assumptions and have some faith in U2
smile.gif

Chill guys.

First time in a WHILE a soundtrack has won album of the year, and it is a very, VERY good album.

It's NOT All That You Can't Leave Behind, but it's not a bullshit call.

Yes it is, and I'll tell you why.

It has nothing to do with what you or I or anyone else here likes the most. Obviously that's going to be U2.

No, it's a bullshit call because U2 had THREE songs from the same album nominated in the two most prestigous song categories over the last two years, and a fourth song nominated in it's genre category. No one else has that this year, and I'd feel pretty confident saying that's never happened at all before.

Three songs up for Song/Record and not the Album of the Year? Bullshit.

UPDATED RESULTS

8 total nominations.

WON: 3
LOST: 3
LEFT: 2

Specifically...

WON
* Rock Album
* Group Pop Performance w/ Vocal (Stuck)
* Group Rock Performance (Elevation)

LOST
* Rock Song (Elevation lost to Train)
* Rock Song (Walk On lost to Train)
* Album of the Year (lost to O Brother sdtk.)

LEFT
* Record of the Year (Walk On)
* Song of the Year (Stuck)

I *believe* Record of the Year is the final award announced, and I still got a gut feeling about Walk On.

Sorry to say this but I think U2 is finished for the night.

U2 were with out a doubt ripped off.

What can you say. The Grammy's do this every year.

Everyone said U2 had it in the bag and the Grammy's just won't pick the favorite even if it was the best album of the year.

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks........

------------------

Alicia said she's "stuck" for words...

Blarg...I've got words!!!!!!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom