Grammys....... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2001, 08:41 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:26 AM
I really hope ATYCLB gathers a nominaion and a win, even though many people would probably snigger about "the oldies" winning again... well I don't care, I still want it to kick every other album's ass,

I think that Alicia Keys' "Fallin" has the most chances for the Song and Record of the Year, though. But since it's such an awesome, beautiful song, I wouldn't really mind if it won over any U2 songs that might get nominated.

All in all, this looks like a pretty quiet affair... no Eminem this year.

Old 12-29-2001, 08:47 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Saracene, I just want to make it clear that I DO want ATYCLB to win but I don't think they will because the Grammys will feel like they have to patronize another type of music. I really don't like Alicia Keyes, but I think that is who they will pick. It's a politically correct choice though not the right one. I hope I am wrong. Still I would bet money I am right. BUT I WANT U2 TO WIN!!
Maybe they will do the right thing and vote for them, they are very popular among those who vote and they have ruled the last year.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Old 12-30-2001, 02:03 AM   #18
the invisible woman

Local Time: 07:26 PM
I just hope they win for ATYCLB... but seeing how they swept last years Gramm's... I doubt it will happen this year!

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)
Old 12-30-2001, 02:15 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:26 PM
i think the album is too old.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...
Old 12-30-2001, 02:55 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna's child:
i think the album is too old.

i think your too old.

------------------
-death bear
Old 12-30-2001, 03:55 AM   #21
Refugee

Alicia Keyes will not sweep the Grammys. She has had one hit single. The album has done well, but from what I've heard it sounds like a flashback to Roberta Flack. It's true that Flack won a handful of Grammys back in the 1970's, but she was also an accomplished singer when she won. Keyes is brand new, and Grammy voters have learned their lesson by awarding hyped newcomers and watching them disappear within a few years (Christopher Cross, Lauren Hill, Alanis Morissette, etc). They will go with U2 for album of the year, because, and only because of 9/11. It defined the year and will be the voter's way of memorializing the tragedy. Keyes had a jazz/r+b fusion that's been hyped for past few monthes.
As far as songs go: what about Mary J. Blige's "Family Affair". That was a great song. My foot is still tappin'...
Old 12-30-2001, 05:07 AM   #22
War Child

Stuck in A Moment will be the U2 song nominated in many categories, it was the 2nd most popular single off the album and timely in post-9/11 era.

OH, and I know a member of the Academy who is nominating it for Best Song! But thats just one person...

Old 12-30-2001, 11:51 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano:
Alicia Keyes will not sweep the Grammys. She has had one hit single.
I think she'll pick up the Song of the Year and Record of the Year awards, and that should do it. She was heavily promoted by that one song, and not by the album as a whole. So, in short, I think U2 will pick up best album for ATYCLB.