Grammy Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're performing and playing more than one song :up:. You would think this would mean good news. :wink:

Zoovation said:
They play One with Mary J. Blige because it's also on her new album.

Well if they sink to so blatantly supporting someone else's new album as if they were some kind of a backing/house band, they had better play a song on their own too.

Have you seen MJB's new CD? It has a sticker on the top that says the CD includes the song "One" featuring U2. "Featuring"???? Had to laugh..

SunBloc said:
"Featuring"???? Had to laugh..

That is funny. :lol: One would have thought it would have been the other way around. (Yeah, I know it's her album and all, but still.)

I love the suspense. Last year I thought, why are the playing Sometimes...now I'm thinking that was very smart...they left that haunting performance in the Grammy judges minds and it's up for a grammy this year. As Bruce would say, "That's smart, wiley Irish!

Zoovation said:
As I work for another U2 site, I got the information from a Universal newsletter that U2 will perform Vertigo and then One with Mary J. Blige.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sence. Didn't Vertigo win a Grammy last year? Why would they perform a song from last year's Grammies?

well why would they perform a song that wasn't even nominated for anything last year with sometimes you can't make it on your own? i could definitly see them playing vertigo at the grammy's this year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vertigo, but nearly everyone has heard this song before (via the iPod commercial). Why not perform COBL, which is an awesome song, is nominated for a Grammy and is a song that is new and fresh for the casual fan?

Interesting.. Maybe there will be a clue as to their choice in the introduction to the song (????)

U2girl said:

Well if they sink to so blatantly supporting someone else's new album as if they were some kind of a backing/house band, they had better play a song on their own too.

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing...

Back
Top Bottom