Grammy performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I was thinking about the Grammies during AP English today.

What're the chances that U2 will use their performance as an opportunity to introduce a new single?

*HINT in a little whiiiiillee....*

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

There won't be another single off of ATYCLB. Not with them working on a new album.

They'll probably play Walk On since it's nominated for Record of the Year.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Unfortunately no new single for us... They have to perform 'Stuck' for it is nominated for song of the year. Each song of the year nomination will be performed.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

frown.gif
humbug.

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by mikal:
There won't be another single off of ATYCLB. Not with them working on a new album.

They'll probably play Walk On since it's nominated for Record of the Year.

Although I agree that they will play either Walk On or Stuck, I do really believe that there will be another single.

If a new album is as close as it would seem to be, one more single would be the perfect recipe to keep U2 on the airwaves and maintain this 'peak' in their popularity.

With a new single out U2 would be all over the airwaves. Then, as the single strengthened on radio and television, a new album would be released and piggy back on this. This is just speculation. My pathetic 2 cents....
wink.gif

------------------
Peace on Earth.

it's too bad they have to play stuck instead of walk on. i think walk on has a more immeditate impact, you'd have to be a real dumbass to miss the theme. stuck, because of it's simple melody, originally comes off as a simpler song. it's easy to miss the meaning if you've never heard it before.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I was thinking about the Grammies during AP English today.

cause that's what you do during ap english!
biggrin.gif
i know i think about U2 during ap english. the other day we were reading "a modest proposal" by jonathan swift. it's a satirical protest piece against the rich english for the treatment of the irish. in it, he sugguests eating the irish's babies. (Did the Englishman eat your baby?) the whole time we were discussing it, i was thinking about bono as a baby, and i wanted to cry. it depressed me.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Back
Top Bottom