Grammy Noms announced today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a little deeper in the site, it says that the press conf begins at 8:30 am California time. it'll be interesting to see if the boys get nom'd for something

nurse chrissi said:
I believe Vertigo would be up for 3 nominations

I believe you might be right and in the same categories Beautiful Day was nominated back in 2001. I'm wondering if the saturation of U2 in the media may have an impact this time out, though.

Vertigo will not be nominated for anything. I would be extremely surprised if it was.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:

It doesn't really have any lyrical substance that can compete with other nominations. I may be playing devils advocate, because someone has to, but to me, Vertigo doesn't seem as strong as the four singles from ATYCLB, even though I prefer Vertigo much more to them.

I don't think I am alone on this. I'm sure there are other U2 fans who feel the same way. My bet is that it will not be nominated for anything.

U2Fan101 said:

It doesn't really have any lyrical substance that can compete with other nominations. I may be playing devils advocate, because someone has to, but to me, Vertigo doesn't seem as strong as the four singles from ATYCLB, even though I prefer Vertigo much more to them.

I don't think I am alone on this. I'm sure there are other U2 fans who feel the same way. My bet is that it will not be nominated for anything.

you're right...usher's "yeah yeah yeah yeah" song has SOOOO much more lyrical substance than vertigo. :) the grammy organization LOVES u2... even u2 was suprised when they won for beautiful day. remember when they performed and were still backstage when they recieved record of the year? bono was like "wha?"

U2dork said:
This is annoying. How long does it take to read a list of names?

Well, it depends on where they are starting. Have you ever seen the whole list? Several rock categories, several pop, several country, several rap, plus classical, instrumental, blues, jazz, gospel, folk, world, spoken word, etc.

they're on the site!!!! go to my last post!
Field 4 - Rock
Category 16 - Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
(For duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

• Monkey To Man
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Track from: The Delivery Man
[Lost Highway Records]

• Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
Track from: Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]

• American Idiot
Green Day
Track from: American Idiot
[Reprise Records]

• Somebody Told Me
The Killers
Track from: Hot Fuss
[Island Records]

• Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]

that's probably one of the best competitions i've seen in the grammy rock category in YEARS. usually it's full of anger rock crap...

Field 4 - Rock
Category 20 - Best Rock Song
(A Songwriter(s) Award. Includes Rock, Hard Rock & Metal songs. For Song Eligibility Guidelines see Category #3. (Artist names appear in parenthesis.) Singles or Tracks only.)

• American Idiot
Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt & Tré Cool, songwriters (Green Day)
Track from: American Idiot
[Reprise Records; Publishers: WB Music Corp. & Green Daze Music.]

• Fall To Pieces
Duff, Dave Kushner, Slash, Matt Sorum & Scott Weiland, songwriters (Velvet
Revolver)
Track from: Contraband
[RCA; Publishers: Velvet Revolver Songs, Slash & Cash Publishing.]

• Float On
Isaac Brock, Dann Gallucci, Eric Judy & Benjamin Weikel, songwriters (Modest
Mouse)
Track from: Good News For People Who Love Bad News
[Epic Records; Publishers: Ugly Casanova, Tschudi Music & The Best Dressed Chicken In Town.]

• Somebody Told Me
Brandon Flowers, Dave Keuning, Mark Stoermer & Ronnie Vannucci, songwriters (The
Killers)
Track from: Hot Fuss
[Island Records; Publisher: The Killers Publishing.]

• Vertigo
Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge & Larry Mullen, songwriters (U2)
[Interscope Records; Publisher: Universal Polygram International Publishing.]

Back
Top Bottom