Grammy for Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsp77

Refugee
Now, I know that HTDAAB will be out too late to be eligible for a grammy this year, but Vertigo was released to radio in time. What chance do you think it has?

Not sure if it will be nominated for Record of the Year or Song of the Year, but I certainly hope it gets a nom (and hopefully a win) for Rock Performance.

The only thing working against the song is its length IMO. Sounds weird, but i just have a tough time believing that a 3 minute song will be Record or Song of the Year. That said, i think it will be nominated because it's U2 and it's damn good.

Yes, it was submitted by Interscope for Song of the Year and Best Rock Song. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be NOMINATED for both. As a Recording Academy member, it gets my vote!

I'm not sure if Vertigo will get the Grammy but I hope the boys at least get to perform at the Grammy so we have another juicy performance! :up: Something tells me that HTDAAB just might get the Grammy for best record though if it's as good as it seems! :yes: I want to see another speech where Bono is dragged from the stage! :hyper:

Last edited:
brachanam9 said:
Yes, it was submitted by Interscope for Song of the Year and Best Rock Song. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be NOMINATED for both. As a Recording Academy member, it gets my vote!

What's some of the strong competition? I think it will be far tougher this time around. There has actually been some great rock over the past 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom