Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thelaj said:
If Mariah wins her categories to get 7/8 wins - how can she not.

HAH, Mariah loses to Kelly Clarkson for best POP performance by a Female artist!

oh cmon, coldplay is great.. x&y is one of the good rock albums that came out recently.. that being said something sounds wrong with their performance today..

it's called Chris Martin's voice, cats don't even screech that high

I like his low singing voice/anything that prevents the "falsetto"

It is a good album, and I like it, but Chris is definately trying to be Bono,

He is best sitting at his piano being calm, not spinning round like a fool.

bcrt2000 said:
oh cmon, coldplay is great.. x&y is one of the good rock albums that came out recently.. that being said something sounds wrong with their performance today..

I think Chris was a little off key.

Wow, Chris Martin acts exactly like Bono on stage. Or maybe I'm just seeing things. But the sorta half-crawl thing, going out into the audience, then punching into the air, then running back to stage? Okay, so Bono didn't INVENT all those things, but it was very Bonoistic nonetheless :wink:

I do love Talk though. Coldplay are pretty good live from the looks of it.

AtomicBono said:
Wow, Chris Martin acts exactly like Bono on stage. Or maybe I'm just seeing things. But the sorta half-crawl thing, going out into the audience, then punching into the air, then running back to stage? Okay, so Bono didn't INVENT all those things, but it was very Bonoistic nonetheless :wink:

I do love Talk though. Coldplay are pretty good live from the looks of it.

i've seen a couple of live concerts on dvd/tv of coldplay, and they weren't nearly as lively as today's performance, i think by the next tour they'll start approaching u2-like stage presence (as long as they keep on making good albums)

he just looks awkward when he tries to be like Bono. He can't pull off the movements with smoothness like Bono can

Coldplay do not have the stage presence of U2 and I have seen both. Bono IS Bono. Mention chris martin the street and they are like "urg"

By the way, whats the count on the number of grammys u2 has now for their career (including tonight's 2) and how far away are they from the record?

I would say best rock album is in the "second tier" of awards after the big 4, so there is a good chance of it being televised

I'm a little confused with the whole Grammy schedule/categories. Is there any order in which they announce the categories?

Chris Martin did sound off, his voice was a bit shaky at times... I typically enjoy his voice though.

thelaj said:
Coldplay do not have the stage presence of U2 and I have seen both. Bono IS Bono. Mention chris martin the street and they are like "urg"

I never said they did, but I said I think they will eventually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom