Grace or Love Rescue Me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one is better?

• Grace

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • Love Rescue Me

Votes: 53 56.4%

• Total voters
This is all subjective, but I can't believe this poll is that close. Grace is average at best and poor by U2 standards. Love Rescue Me has so much more peaks and valleys, subtley and climaxes. Lyrically, I find it deep and under appreciated.

But then again, what do I know?:shrug:

Grace, by far. I still don't understand how so many people can miss the beauty in this song. :tsk:

This is U2's Grace we're talking about and not Jeff Buckley's Grace?

If the former then Love Rescue Me.

I do understand what grace is, so I like Grace. If sounding 'boring' dooms a song, then Pink Floyd and Radiohead are 2 of the worst bands ever. :huh: Lots of time the listener just doesn't find anything to appreciate in a song, so they call it boring. I think that's why people call Grace boring, it's not just b/c it has a slow pace. I would call alot 100mph thrash metal songs boring because I don't find anything interesting about them.

I'm a fan of both songs, I probably like Love Rescue Me a little better, though.

Btw, can anyone interpret the "I've cursed thy rod and staff/ they no longer comfort me" line? Bono must have had some purpose in twisting the 23rd Psalm. We all know that he has great appreciation for the Bible.

Last edited:
The Grace CD Single

1. Your Blue Room
2. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
3. Grace
4. Never Let Me Go (Edit [the opening 30 sec. of film narration removed])

A specific “mood” single for a particular “atmosphere” = late night, wine, candles. And Grace interpreted as a love song instead of a faith song.

Rattle and Hum is the U2 album I listen to the least, I dunno, the album as a whole, it hasn't grown on me yet.

Grace, all about the bass for me. But I do "get" the deeper meaning of the lyrics, so I can appreciate it the way some others won't.

The twist on the 23rd Psalm could be a Dylan line, as he co-wrote Love Rescue Me with Bono. :shrug:

I think R&H doesn't work as an album, the songs have little connection. But it has great songs like Heartland, Angel of Harlem, God Pt. II, so I can't refer it as my least favourite album.

Well, looks like Love Rescue Me will be voted as the worst song in the survivor, so Grace will be the worst in ATYCLB :wink:

Back
Top Bottom