Got my U2 Communication!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think comparing the quality of the fanclubs is very valid. It seems to me that the cost of providing a DVD to a fanclub with less members would be much higher per person than it would be for a fan club with more members. :shrug:

U2dork said:
I think comparing the quality of the fanclubs is very valid. It seems to me that the cost of providing a DVD to a fanclub with less members would be much higher per person than it would be for a fan club with more members. :shrug:

I disagree. The bigger the group the harder it is logistically to pull off stuff like this. It has to be produced on such a mass scale, not to mention there are licensing and legal matters that need to be taken into account. The larger the group the more complicated that becomes. Not to mention now a fanclub really is the website. So you have to have the server capacity to handle the volume. Lets face it, the hits the U2 site takes per days most likely dwarfs REM's. I'm not saying U2 does a fantastic job with their fanclub. I think it could be better and it may be a tad overpriced. But I think you need to compare them to artists of the same caliber also. REM are not the same caliber, even though they are a good band.

neutral said:
Not everyone can use P2P due to their ISP, they may only have access at school where P2P access is often blocked, etc. It's fine for people to share things here too.

*I am not commenting on sharing this specific CD, I mean in general. :|

Along those lines... I have to admit I'm a bit torn on this.

I'm all for the sharing of concert bootlegs! :yes: :up: If U2 were like Pearl Jam and released their concerts in some format days after they were performed, I know many of us would buy them (who wouldn't want to hear the CD or see the DVD of the show they attended?). But since this is not possible, we have no choice but to rely on a nice bootlegging network to enjoy these wonderful shows.

However, with sometime official - like this U2.com "gift" - I'm not sure it should be so readily shared. It's like downloading an album off of any P2P site. It can be done, but should it be? I'm not claiming I'm innocent here, but it's just a thought. :hmm:

Can anyone answer this particular question:

Does the crowd sing the "oh-oh-oh-ooooh" parts of With Or Without You after the song is finished? I need to know.

So far, we know for sure that these songs are from night 2:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name

(Hopefully) With Or Without You

Vertigo

Only Miss Sarajevo is guaranteed first night.

This is looking good for someone who only attended the 21st :wink:

ok, not to rehash an old thread or anything, but I just got U2. Communication and thought i'd give my input. First song I went and listened to was WOWY, because it's my all time favorite U2 song.

And I honestly thought this version is amazing. Obviously not as good as something like the R&H version (or any from the JT era), but I think it's right up there with the PoPmart version from the Please single (and I love this version).

But the best part is the ending with the little jam session the band has going, especially the Edge just jamming on the guitar (kinda like he does on the instrumental version from the Wyclef Jean Dublin concert a few years back). And I know Bono's voice isn't what it used to be and might be a bit rough for this song, but it's no more young Bono, it's Bono, the man, singing this song, which makes this song sound great in a whole new way. And to hear a stadium full of people singing the "oh oh oh oh" parts at the end is amazing....pure magic....

Sorry for rambling on, but as you can see I just got this cd and can't get enough of this song at the moment....

Glad I happened upon this thread and comments. I've had the cd for about a month or so and haven't checked it out yet. :reject: I am going to do that right now! Thanks for your comments.

Every Thurs. night we have a bit of a long drive to skiing. My kids beg me to put this CD in. They know all the coughs in Elevation by heart. I always turn it up really loud because they want to hear it like it was when Mommy saw Bono!!

My oldest (10) is very impressed and intrigued by Miss Sarajevo. He thinks that Miss Sarajevo, herself, is a metaphor for peace. Not too shabby!!

Back
Top Bottom