goosebumps time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this is a contreversial statement and wont be a popular one on here but for me the studio version of where the streets have no name cannot be beaten. I've seen it and heard it live many times and it was always a highlight, but nothing sends a shiver down my spin more than the intro of streets on the joshua tree!

If you wanna talk about the Goosebumps books, please start a thread in LS...don't do it here.

I am all for having fun...but I don't want to see a perfectly fine thread be derailed by the first reply.

The reason I love U2 is that i have goosebumps everytime i hear them, every single song!! And no song more than Where The Streets Have No Name!
Every time I hear it it reminds me that God exists and that he is great and beautiful!
U2's music is truly a gift from God!!
(EXCLUDING THE VERSION OF ONE WITH MARY J BILGE OF COURSE)

An Cat Gav said:

Say that to a non-U2 fan they throw a fit.
Believe me, i've seen it.

I agree though, U2's song send shivers down my spine. Especially the live versions.
All I want Is You/Where the Streets have no Name on the Slane DVD is genius. :rockon:

I have been dealing with non U2 fans since 1985(when I was converted),, when i was only 10.
I can take anything they can throw at me.
Listening to U2 is like having a direct line to God's own private rock band and unless you dont believe it you can only mock. thats why U2 have so many detractors.

An Cat Gav said:
The reason I love U2 is that i have goosebumps everytime i hear them, every single song!! And no song more than Where The Streets Have No Name!
Every time I hear it it reminds me that God exists and that he is great and beautiful!
(EXCLUDING THE VERSION OF ONE WITH MARY J BILGE OF COURSE)

No, no, no--God worked very, very hard on that particular gift(the Mary J. Bilge version of "One", that is)--and He's *very*, *very* dissapointed in you for not recognizing his hard work:tsk: :grumpy: :laugh:

:)
Its so bad that i want to vomit everytime i hear it, not just leave the room!
I know that people argue that God is responsible for cancer, AIDS etc, but surely it's too much to blame that heap of shite on him too!!

An Cat Gav said:
I know this is a contreversial statement and wont be a popular one on here but for me the studio version of where the streets have no name cannot be beaten. I've seen it and heard it live many times and it was always a highlight, but nothing sends a shiver down my spin more than the intro of streets on the joshua tree!

I agree with you...but the live version played at the New Years Eve concert which includes the countdown, Auld Lang Syne and a great intro from Bono ALWAYS gives me the goosebumps - and I've heard it a zillion times.

AND the segue from Please into Streets from the Pop tours, of course.

That intro to Streets is absolutely one of/if not the best intro to a song! That intro gives me goosebumps all the time..it builds anticipation and then just explodes! It is amazing:drool:

SYCMIOYO opera part
UTTEOTW Edges riff
Jools Holland Version IYWTVD
Gone
Stay
IGWDHA
Wire
Live Version of SBS
Unchained Melody bumps & then fainting
All Because of You the part where Bono screams .... :drool:
I Will Follow / New Years Day just because it brings back memories...
Slane DVD All I Want is You into Streets
Elevations DVD With or Without You...when Bono is lying on stage with the girl from the crowd and he kisses her gently on the lips.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think right now....:huh:

JCOSTER said:
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think right now....:huh:

--the first time hearing the mp3 of when Bono first sang the opera part of Miss Sarajevo in Europe this summer.... :drool:

I agree - to me, 'Where The Streets Have No Name' is proof that there is something "other". It comes from somewhere else, like a wave that doesn't crash...and lets you float above for awhile....until it goes back to where it came....where the streets have no name. It is what it is. And what it is cannot be put into words. It's just a feeling. The kind of feeling you have when you know something that is true. It just is.

Now I'm just babbling. But I have a feeling most of you agree.

Utoo said:

--the first time hearing the mp3 of when Bono first sang the opera part of Miss Sarajevo in Europe this summer.... :drool:

Yes, thank you for jogging my memory, Miss Sarajevo heard live for the first time ever. Bumps and Tears.

Michael Griffiths said:
I agree - to me, 'Where The Streets Have No Name' is proof that there is something "other". It comes from somewhere else, like a wave that doesn't crash...and lets you float above for awhile....until it goes back to where it came....where the streets have no name. It is what it is. And what it is cannot be put into words. It's just a feeling. The kind of feeling you have when you know something that is true. It just is.

Now I'm just babbling. But I have a feeling most of you agree.

Right on. This song gives me chills everytime. I can't help but smile. Live there is no song in the history of songs that seems to lift a crowd the way Streets does. Where the Streets Have No Name = Greatest song of all time

I've been to many live shows and U2 live is an experience of its own, but hearing & seeing "Streets" is so :drool: inspiring. No other band has ever captured the engery of that song live. The intro lifts the spirits of everyone in the building to another place.

Please to Streets is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom