Good Idea, Bad Idea, ..... or Stupid Idea?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
So some of you may have read my earlier posts and know what I'm thinking of doing @ LA2...

So let me ask you guys directly...

Hypothetically speaking, if I made a poster sign for the U2 concert that reads: "First time @ U2 concert, but as big a fan as any.", with an emphasis on FIRST TIME (in glow-n-dark paint).. and then m/b on back of the poster, draw a luggage bag with a Zoo Baby in place of a heart...

Do you think that:
1. U2 might see the sign and get the hint for my song request of Zooropa's "First Time", or maybe at least acknowledge if they see it.

-or-

2. U2 will be very indignant that a self-proclaimed U2 fanatic has the balls to announce this is his first time at their concert...

-or-

3. I will badly embarass myself by looking stupid, announcing to the whole LA vincinity that I am a "first-time-virgin-U2-concertgoer."

----------
Thoughts, anyone?

And if I do go ahead with this, you Interference Angelinos might spot me and recognize me as theSoulfulMofo by the stupid sign.

Anyways... I gotta go to night school. I'll back back in a few hours to see if anyone has ripped me, or anything.

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

I won't rip you.

But, I really doubt that they will play TFT.
frown.gif

Have a good time at the show.
smile.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:

Do you think that:
1. U2 might see the sign and get the hint for my song request of Zooropa's "First Time", or maybe at least acknowledge if they see it.

-or-

2. U2 will be very indignant that a self-proclaimed U2 fanatic has the balls to announce this is his first time at their concert...

-or-

3. I will badly embarass myself by looking stupid, announcing to the whole LA vincinity that I am a "first-time-virgin-U2-concertgoer."
And if I do go ahead with this, you Interference Angelinos might spot me and recognize me as theSoulfulMofo by the sign.

1.They may acknowledge it; doubt they'll play the song. BUT they apparently played "Angel of Harlem" cos some girl held up a sign at Anaheim. Course, it helps to be pretty and female.
smile.gif

2. No.

3. Perhaps, but I think most of us will be thrilled that you're there! I'll look for you.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Originally posted by martha:
1.They may acknowledge it; doubt they'll play the song. BUT they apparently played "Angel of Harlem" cos some girl held up a sign at Anaheim. Course, it helps to be pretty and female.
smile.gif

Damn, then I must be a pretty UGLY MOFO compared to any girl...
frown.gif

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 11-07-2001).]

-----------------
Ok, so i'm adding an addendum and not to make this post got on top... but here's my reason to play TFT:
1. As a tribute to M$H
2. Please hardcore fans, even if it is their first time at a concert
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 11-08-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom