Good evening Interferencers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auf Achse said:
I think that if Edge so much as acknowledged my existence on here I'd just go nuts lol

Lol...he is a human being. I know sometimes it can seem like he's like a demi-god. :wink: I know what you mean...I'm just giving you a hard time. Just by taking the time to communicate to all of us here is a personal acknowledgment I think! I feel so very lucky to love a band that loves thier fans.

Last edited:
Interesting how your threads never exceed the bandwidth limit.

:sexywink:

Well, usually it's songs like Exit, Acrobat, One Tree Hill or Red Hill Mining Town that we commoners plead for..... LIKE A SONG.... WoW, that would be insane!!!!!! Even more so than 'Out Of Control'.

Hope to hear from you again soon Edge... see you in BrisVegas.

Hi EDGE!

Hi hun
I appear to have missed you!
I LOVE the new single - excellent stuff!
Please come to Dorset on the next tour - would be BRILL
to see you down here!
Take care
HUGS
Heather:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just can't get over how cool it is of you to post on this forum....
Not too many other rock stars would do this kind of thing. Very cool!

I'm still waiting on some kind of legitimate, meaningful confirmation (y'know, other than "the mods said so, so it must be true!" or "Edge knows where all the fans are.").

The supposed Edge posting here uses an awful lot of smileys. And exclamation points. And weird phrasing like "BE LUCKY!!!!"

Just sayin', is all.

(Fully willing to admit that Edge could be both wacky and smiley/exclamation point happy - just... not ready to accept all this at face value. I honestly can't believe that more people aren't questioning Edge's posts as well as the "exclusive" interview with "U2". WHO was interviewed? "U2" isn't a person. SomeONE had to answer those questions. People shouldn't be misled, here.)

I'm with U2Rob. Not that I want to be an annoying skeptic, here, but this does seem a bit odd, and I'm surprised that so many people are accepting "Well they SAY it's him!" as good enough.

Also, why has this not been reported on @U2, or U2 Log, or... anywhere else big, really? You'd think something as cool as the appearance of a band member on a message board would be news.

Again, if it's really Edge and I'm being a big meanie, I apologize, but this is just strange.

Last edited:
Sunny said:
I'm with U2Rob. Not that I want to be an annoying skeptic, here, but this does seem a bit odd, and I'm surprised that so many people are accepting "Well they SAY it's him!" as good enough.

Also, why has this not been reported on @U2, or U2 Log, or... anywhere else big, really? You'd think something as cool as the appearance of a band member on a message board would be news.

Again, if it's really Edge and I'm being a big meanie, I apologize, but this is just strange.

I also agree with U2Rob.
He makes some very good points.
You're not the only one that is very skeptical.
When the posts first appeared, there
was hardly any uproar of excitement.
You'd think if this was the real Edge
posting on a site, it'd be on the main
news!
Another thing that I'm struck by is
that this doesn't sound like Edge.
I've read legit online interviews of the
Edge, and this person does not sound
like him at all.
"His" use of drawing smilies and making bizarre "BE LUCKY!" comments
further make me skeptical.
Also, "his" overall hyper attitude in posts makes me wonder too.
Then there's the coyness of the mods
not denying or confirming this is the real Edge.
If this really is the Edge, I apologize
too. Call me skeptical.......but I'm not
buying this at the moment.

Last edited:
Sunny said:

Being skeptical is good, but I think that the reason why there aren't more people openly questionning this is that we trust the people of Interference. Why? Not because we are willing to believe anyone who pretends anything on the internet, but because this is one of the most respected and well-known U2 site, and Elvis and the staff have been reliable and honest in the past, so there is no reason to think it would suddenly change, Why would they risk the credibility of Interference by doing that? It's really not in their advantage. If this was to be a lie, we can easily imagine that the real band members would end up knowing (they've know about Interference for a while) and NOT be happy. I think it could be fatal for this site and everyone involved with it. This is not just some guy posting as The Edge, he has been officially aknowledged by the staff. Same with the interview.

Possibly because, as much as most people here are confident this is really The Edge, there is no way as of now to officially confirm it, so they might not want to report something that is not 100% sure (because it's not, you are right). Also, maybe a little bit of healthy jealousy/competition among U2 fan sites?

In any case, we probably shouldn't be talking about that in this thread, given there is now a new forum section just for that subject (As the Boys Play Rock and Roll). I just couldn't help to say what I think ...

THE EDGE, YOUR MOST HIGHNESS:

Please do not take the skepticism of this board as anything but misdirected insolence. Forgive them, but they don't know any better. They could use a good dose of salad dressing to cure their bad taste! :wink: Please stop by periodically so we can all benefit from the presence of a true genius!

Yours most truly,

FullonEdge2

ps. I can't wait for HTDAAB!!!:drool:

Yeah...more about the album and some of the songs.

Just looking at that new thread on the confirmed song titles...what happened to Full Metal Jacket? Was that retitled to Vertigo or will it be a B-side?

And i'm sure we'll hear about this in many magazine interviews. but what's up with the rotating producers on this album? How was working with Chris Thomas? Was he inspiring and a good fit for U2 or not? What did he give U2 that was new and can you say that the album does have a Thomas sound to it or has it all been Lillywhitesized?

Guitarist wise, we'd all like to hear who you think is doing some revolutionary work out there? Any bands we should be checking out that we haven't heard of who's guitarist(s) you think are doing something new?

Oh, and also, you rock immensely.

oceane said:
Sunny said:

Being skeptical is good, but I think that the reason why there aren't more people openly questionning this is that we trust the people of Interference. Why? Not because we are willing to believe anyone who pretends anything on the internet, but because this is one of the most respected and well-known U2 site, and Elvis and the staff have been reliable and honest in the past, so there is no reason to think it would suddenly change, Why would they risk the credibility of Interference by doing that? It's really not in their advantage. If this was to be a lie, we can easily imagine that the real band members would end up knowing (they've know about Interference for a while) and NOT be happy. I think it could be fatal for this site and everyone involved with it. This is not just some guy posting as The Edge, he has been officially aknowledged by the staff. Same with the interview.

Possibly because, as much as most people here are confident this is really The Edge, there is no way as of now to officially confirm it, so they might not want to report something that is not 100% sure (because it's not, you are right). Also, maybe a little bit of healthy jealousy/competition among U2 fan sites?

In any case, we probably shouldn't be talking about that in this thread, given there is now a new forum section just for that subject (As the Boys Play Rock and Roll). I just couldn't help to say what I think ...

jealousy/competition.... wouldnt be the first time.

Folks, the interview has been up for nearly 2 weeks... u2.com, rmp, and pm are all aware of it. That should say something.

There is no way on a forum to prove who The Edge. We are putting our credibility on the line here, something none of us take lightly. Edge has been kind enough to grace us with his posting skills and love of smilies... if you don't believe it's him, I dont know what to tell you... there isnt going to be a press release about him posting on a fan site. If you choose to accept it, cool, if not... oh well.

As far as I'm concerned, Joel saying it's Edge is a damn press release.
The end.

Come on people, he's been running this site for over four years, and never once mislead us. That's credibility my local paper and news stations certainly don't have...

tkramer said:
As far as I'm concerned, Joel saying it's Edge is a damn press release.
The end.

Come on people, he's been running this site for over four years, and never once mislead us. That's credibility my local paper and news stations certainly don't have...

There have been times in the earlier days of interference (btw.. its over 8yrs old, forum is 4 yrs old) where I was no angel... but this is no joke, no hoax, etc. Like i said.. tooooo much on the line with this. Every morning since this started...(with edge) ... I think.. uh,.. is this real? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom