Going to U2 Concert alone, :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
This sucks. I finally bought A (ie, ONE) ticket to my FIRST U2 concert at Staples Center, Los Angeles... And I have no one to go with... Plus, I have Golden Circle ticket, NOT GA... ergo, I probably won't meet any U2Interferencefanatics near or in the heart, but I'll be stuck to my seating for the next few hours...

I don't have ANY friends who are U2 fans... Actually, most my friends aren't much into music like I am.

I can't believe I'm going to the concert, sitting by myself, not knowing anyone, and not moving around on the GA ground floor.
crap.gif

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

You aren't really alone...you are going to be surrounded by U2 fans, the coolest people around!

My first U2 concert was PopMart. I went with my parents and my sister (who was forced to go along and made it clear she was NOT happy!!). We were down on the floor. The guy next to me was alone (there was an empty seat on the other side of him). When the concert started, I kept standing on my chair to get a better look, and I kept inching closer and closer to the edge (hehehe..."The Edge") of my chair to see, and I'd suddenly lose my balance and almost go crashing down...but the cool guy next to me grabbed me everytime...we hung out and had a blast and barely even spoke...I said "Thanks" whenever he caught me, and he'd smile.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Hi I have been to 6 shows and have only once gone with someone. I always had fun and met new people. I even traveled to Philly and New Jersey alone. I chose to go alone because if the person I am with is not a big U2 fan they would get on my nerves and at U2 concerts you get into a zone. Don't worry you will have a blast.

Se7en is absolutely right! Once the music starts it wont matter that you are there alone. I went to one of the Paris shows alone, also a GC seat and it turned out to be one of the best U2 shows for me! I say forget about being alone and just enjoy the show!

Thanks... I just-kinda-feel-like an uncool loser who don't have any friends, to go with.

Dont be sad. I once went to a Creed concert alone. lol. (I know Creed sucks) Cuz I got in a fight with my boyfriend. And once the music started I didnt care that I was alone.

And for you my friend, Its U2!!! I would totally go to a U2 concert alone. I dont have friends around me that like U2 either. You'll be in your own world.. you and U2.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Thanks... I just-kinda-feel-like an uncool loser who don't have any friends, to go with.

Hey, every concert I've been to has been with my parents...usually that's considered to be an "uncool loser" type thing.
biggrin.gif

They pay for the tickets and travel though!! What a deal!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Yeah! No one is as big of a loser as Bonochick!
wink.gif

Anyway, don't worry about going alone! I'm sure you'll make friends w/ whoever you're sitting next too! Plus, I think it will be really cool experiencing a U2 concert by yourself. You'll have a blast, yo.

It does not suck that you're going alone!! I went to Boston 4 by myself and it was absolutely the BEST night of my life. I tried to get two tix for me and my boyfriend but could only scrounge one (from an Interferencer, I might add) so I ditched him and went alone.

It's true, once the show starts everything and everyone around you will fall away. And you know, no one knows you're there by yourself--I had a great time people watching ahead of the show once I realized that no one had a clue if I was there alone or just waiting to meet friends. (Trust me, I am not the kind of person who goes to things alone )

[This message has been edited by rooftop to the basement (edited 11-06-2001).]

You may not have any U2 friends before the show, but I'll bet you'll have quite a few after!
smile.gif

Go hang out in the GA line anyway... that's half the fun.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by mocool12:
Yeah! No one is as big of a loser as Bonochick!
wink.gif

HA HA!!

Let's all have a laugh at Kat's expense!!! *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

try finding the U2LA group on Yahoo. You don't have to be from LA to join and I'm sure you'll be able to meet some of them before and after the show and have a good time. Its a good way to meet fans and compare notes after the show. At least that's what our NYC group is like and we love when more people show up-- even Canadians!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I would agree with Crzy4Bono and sharky - take advantage of your alone-ness and meet other U2 fans in the GA line (believe me they're bored to death and would love to chat), and check out the U2LA events. You will undoubtedly make a bunch of friends quite easily. And after checking out the GA line and hearing the stories of people in line, I assure you that you will not think you are so "strange" to be seeing a show by yourself - each time I think I'm U2-crazy, the GA line turns up many people who make me feel very very very normal.

Yo-
Every U2 show you attend you usually leave w/a dozen more friends..read my open letter story..

Also Mofo-Sharky has a pretty good idea here..I met her,had dinner w/alot of fans.. and blah blah..
..was wondering why she didnt come sit on my lap..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Bono/Dimon-Bos.4 Story
and Photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 11-07-2001).]

I've never been to a U2 concert alone, but I just got back from Austin where I met several interferencers. My friend didn't meet me in Austin until the day of the show, so for 2 days I was alone in Austin.

I met up with several people from interference and went out to eat with them the day before the show and the day of the show, it was truly an awesome experience.

I can honestly say, you won't be alone! You'll have a blast!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

Trust me, none of my friends like the music I do either. They're like, "You-who??"

Like everyone says, once you're there everything changes. You're suddenly surrounded by thousands of fans...people just like you, who are there for the music.
Cheer up!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Also Mofo-Sharky has a pretty good idea here..I met her,had dinner w/alot of fans.. and blah blah..
..was wondering why she didnt come sit on my lap..

Diamond

Because I'm not one of your "DiamondOperatives", aka a stripper from Times Square.
wink.gif
Plus, I was at the other end of the table.

So addendum-- meet U2 fans and sit away from the Diamond ones. [awww....you know I'm kidding DiamondCrazyBoy]

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Yo-
Every U2 show you attend you usually leave w/a dozen more friends..

Er, um, DiamondMan, that's true for YOU because you've had a full-fledged publicity campaign going on Interference for months now -- including publicity photos and live reports from the field (filed by your "staff")!!
biggrin.gif
It's all good fun though and I haven't stopped reading.
smile.gif

Late
e
t
c

e
t
c

I didn't have anyone to go with for either of the 2 shows I saw this tour. I made friends with the people around me and had a great time!!! You'll have fun no matter what!!!

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Their's is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Hey!

Hmmm, so far since 1987, I have seen U2 live 15 times and out of those, I went on my own 11 times. The last two shows I saw this year, I finally found good pals to go with (Earls Court and Slane Castle (1st show)) which went great! They were sort of new fans and they were bowled over by U2.

Hmmm look at it this way, I have found that going on my own has some advantages....like that you wont be disturbed during the concert itself (but then who, in their right mind, would?!?!
biggrin.gif
), you can move about in the venue of your own accord and not having to worry about your pals at the concert. And you can meet and chat with fellow fans at the concert especially if its outdoors when you get bored very easily as the hours pass you by.

Then again it can be better to go with a group of fellow interferencers, that way you can enjoy the experience a lot more. Or preferably you could meet them afterwards and share your experiences/thoughts about the concert. These things happens from time to time. Through the internet back in Feb or April something like that, I found a group of fellow U2 fans who were going to see U2 in Slane Castle. I had a real blast with them when I finally met them in Dublin! We downed quite a few Guinnesses that night!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, just enjoy the experience of what should be an awesome concert whether on your own or with fellow U2 fans who would be happy to have a chat with you Im sure there wont be a shortage of those here!
biggrin.gif

cheers my dears!

dougal

Thanks for the encouragement and comfort, you guys.

For the first time, I feel love.

No friend is definitely better than lame friend. I saw Popmart in San Diego a few years ago, and my friend insisted (despite my pleading) on going to the bathroom just before the intro to Streets was going to start. So he missed Streets, the idiot. Why I should care I don't know, but at that moment I wanted to bat him over the head.

TheSoulfulMofo,

Hey you are not alone. I also will be going all alone to the second and 3rd LA shows.
But as others have said before, it's fun!!! My friend ditched me for the Anaheim 2 show with a GA so I went alone and had fun and met great people in line. The same happened for the last show as well in Anaheim.

I was kinda not happy going alone, but its better than taking someone with you who doesn't understand what all this U2 thing is about.

Trust me, you will be fine and have a great time getting to make new friends!!! Also ENYOU AND HAVE TONS OF FUN!!! (As I'm sure you will!)

Back
Top Bottom