Going To Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl33

The Fly
For New Years!! I've been to Dublin before but we've never done U2 stuff. Can you guys post links/make suggestions on the U2 places we shouldn't miss?

Cheers!!!

ok yay ur coming to my homeland
smile.gif

Ok one thing you should know, EVERYWHERE you go in dublin they will mention u2 have been here, there is a fish and chip shop where u2 have been.

There is a museum jsut off o connell street its a music museum, dunno the name though and its got u2 stuff glore in it.

you should also go to grafton street where there is a restaurant called Captain Americas where u cna sit beside larrys drumsticks (i sat bsdie them) see the edges red guitar sit under larrys drumkit, and the food is lovely

Also this has nothing to do with u2 but luigi malones in temple bar is a lovely restaurant its beside the Clarence so u should go into there, really plush hotel
smile.gif

Oh and a place that is really good to visit is St.Michans this really kool old church but u get to go underneath it and see all these crypts and u get to touch a dead mummy thought to be a crusader, i dunno if its open in december though.

Ill b in dublin the same time as you, i love it
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)

Here's a quick preview. Check out my sig for a link to more.

Bono's house (the white one):
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E23232538296%3C3ot1lsi

Bono's gates:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253447946ot1lsi

The Wall (don't forget to sign it!):
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253825%3B%3B8ot1lsi

Hanover Quai:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253825%3B%3C%3Aot1lsi

Dublin harbor:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253829589ot1lsi

The Clarence:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E232326%3A544876otbZ%5BZgi1lsi

Check out www.atu2.com for some good directions and a list, etc.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Originally posted by bono-vox:
There is a museum jsut off o connell street its a music museum, dunno the name though and its got u2 stuff glore in it.

Is the one you're talking about the Hot Press Irish Music Hall of Fame? Cuz if I remember correctly, it was on a street off O'Connell and it's got tons of U2 goodies...including Larry's original drum kit - the one that started it all.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Is the one you're talking about the Hot Press Irish Music Hall of Fame? Cuz if I remember correctly, it was on a street off O'Connell and it's got tons of U2 goodies...including Larry's original drum kit - the one that started it all.
smile.gif

YES thats it. thanx. i love dublin, its great

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Yeah, Dublin is a great city. I can't wait to go back.
smile.gif
Maybe next year.

Here's a few more U2ey things to see.

The hearing aid store where Bono allegedly got his name:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253825%3B7%3Bot1lsi

Pub the band used to hang out at (dunno if they ever do now):
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253825%3B%3B4ot1lsi

The Point Depot where the New Years 89 shows were held:
332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253829588ot1lsi

and if you're up for an adventure and a hunt, try to find Larry's houses
smile.gif

332%3A6%3C4723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E232326%3A544%3A36ot1lsi

-sula

Yay! I'm going to Ireland for the first time in January, as well. I'll only be in Dublin for a day or two, but I'd like to make the most of it. Unfortunately I'm going with 3 friends who aren't really U2 fans. Any suggestions on how to convince them to go to some of these U2-ey places with me, and yet not seem like a crazy person? LOL.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

For the CLarence you need a LOt of money, for even one night, you can try the Gresham cus u can usally get good deals for 2 ppl there for a weekend or Jurys at St Stephens Green!
Yay all u interference ppl are coming over here
biggrin.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Hey!
Check my page... there's a whole bunch of pics of the U2 stuff in Dublin there.
www.u2page.com - then click on the Dublin page.

Also, go to this link for the best U2 Dublin guide...
http://www.atu2.com/dublin/

Have a great time! I love Dublin! I will be back there in March for St. Paddys day. yeah!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I was in the Clarence in Sept this year (for a drink only!) and I was chatting to the manager. He said Bono usually comes in every Thurs night for a drink in the public bar when he is at home.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

HEY PARTYGIRL,
I'll be in Ireland for New Years as well, but I'll be in Galway for New Year eve. My friends and I are going and will be in Dublin the day before. Plan to do some touring around Ireland and then back up to Dublin. I'm going with some Irelandvirgins and will definitely conduct a U2 tour of Dublin. I've seen and been to many places before including Bono's house. Problem with Bono's house is I can't remember exactly how to get there. After you get off the train, is there a specific path or road that you follow. I'll probably remember when I get there. But if you could hint for me SULA, it would help. I did not go there by car the last time.
Been to Larry's place to, but Sula, how did you take that picture? Did you climb over the gate onto the property?!?! The only time we saw anything was when we were looking from the beach.
I think there is someone else on here going to Ireland in January! This is very cool! Not sure if any of us will be in the same place at any given time though, but perhaps will run into each other while checking out a U2 site.
This trip to Ireland is going to be Awesome! How many Irish Interferencers do we have by the way?

my girlfriend and i were thinking of going to scotland/ireland this spring so i think i might have to check your site out sula.
how expensive is the clarence?

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Originally posted by STING2:
HEY PARTYGIRL,
I'll be in Ireland for New Years as well, but I'll be in Galway for New Year eve.
B]

We'll be in Galway for two days and then Dublin on New Years! Too funny!

Thanks for all the info everyone!

[This message has been edited by partygirl33 (edited 12-05-2001).]

STING2, we took the back way on the roads...not the beach way to Larry's house. And when we were there at least, there was no gate. I'd never dream of trespassing on any of the guys' property. We stood outside on the road and took the pic and then left quietly without disturbing anybody. It's the search that's fun, but I'd never want to invade their privacy or go knock on their doors. ack!

As far as Bono's house goes, that's the easiest one to find of course. If you want specific directions drop me an email, but I really think that once you get there if you don't remember, all you'd have to do is ask at the train station. I mean, you can see it from there and all.
smile.gif

Make sure you hit the Music Hall of Fame, the Kitchen, the Wall, and Hanover Quai. Such fun, I wish I could go back soon.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Ireland yay! Hehe, well, all ye foreigners, before ye go out on the batter ye might wanna check out Network 2(one of our 4 "mighty" tv channels) cause they are broadcasting Slane2 for the first time that night at 8pm
smile.gif
Wooohoooo!

THANKS SULA! I might E-mail you in the next couple of weeks to get more specific info! I'm really looking forward to this trip! I plan to go all over Ireland in addition to Dublin. This will be my third time to Ireland!

Originally posted by bono-vox:
ok yay ur coming to my homeland
smile.gif

Ok one thing you should know, EVERYWHERE you go in dublin they will mention u2 have been here, there is a fish and chip shop where u2 have been.

you should also go to grafton street where there is a restaurant called Captain Americas where u cna sit beside larrys drumsticks (i sat bsdie them) see the edges red guitar sit under larrys drumkit, and the food is lovely

Also this has nothing to do with u2 but luigi malones in temple bar is a lovely restaurant its beside the Clarence so u should go into there, really plush hotel
smile.gif

Oh and a place that is really good to visit is St.Michans this really kool old church but u get to go underneath it and see all these crypts and u get to touch a dead mummy thought to be a crusader, i dunno if its open in december though.

Ill b in dublin the same time as you, i love it
biggrin.gif

The Hall Of Fame. The Wall, Bono's house, The Kitchen, Temple Bar, Rhythm Records if you want anything to do with U2. I think there is a site on the net Youtwo.com or something I'll have a look and get back to you but it has a map of everything ranging from recording studios to the hospital where Bono was born to there child hood homes to the school etc. It's really great.

Back
Top Bottom