God, This Is Why I Love This Band...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Angela, I like the Oribit mix the best, too. I'm so glad they chose that mix for the video, as it really goes so well with the opening ocean scene. That video is one of U2's most arty. I'm a sucker for black and white!

I don't like that damn xylophone-like sound on Hands. :mad:

It would be such a great song without that annoying little thing. :huh:

I'm a sucker for black and white!

Personally, I'm a sucker for wet Larry. :lol:

I would have preferred a more stripped-down production too. Just because you are writing a song for a movie doesn't mean you need all those orchestral flourishes. Look at what Bruce Springsteen did with "Streets of Philadelphia."

Michael Griffiths said:
Yeah, Angela, I like the Oribit mix the best, too. I'm so glad they chose that mix for the video, as it really goes so well with the opening ocean scene. That video is one of U2's most arty. I'm a sucker for black and white!

It does work well with the video. I like the black and white thing, too, I'm glad they used that for the video...I don't think that video would have worked as well in color. Some things are just better left in black and white (like the old "Twilight Zone" shows, for example).

Angela

Bono's shades said:
I would have preferred a more stripped-down production too. Just because you are writing a song for a movie doesn't mean you need all those orchestral flourishes. Look at what Bruce Springsteen did with "Streets of Philadelphia."

God, that song! :drool:

thumbs up for both of the new songs. they have very subtle punch to them.

i've been humming ES around town lately- i think i've seen the video one too many times in the student union cafeteria :)

Back
Top Bottom