" God have mercy, I'm a hopeless guitar player"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing story, Arun!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Cool story!!! You've done a great job, Arun. No one can get on stage with U2 without getting nervous. That's normal that you couldn't play.

smile.gif
smile.gif

Arun, you are the MAN!!! I knew you could do it -- you've been threatening to do this for months!
wink.gif

I can't wait to see the video -- we know it's out there. At least the MP3s to hear you sing!

I know you've been through hell and back lately, but, and I know you'll cringe when I say it -- "you've been blessed"
wink.gif
. No, seriously, if you know what I mean, I really think there was someone special who definitely had her hand in helping this moment happen for you. I really believe that.

Walk On!

- Mark

oh my God, Arun that's so freakin' awesome!!!!!!
oh wow, major jealousy here but I'm really happy for you!!

and if super B-man says you're half rockstar you must be simply the coolest thing on earth
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(next to the boys of course but considering that's not bad
wink.gif
)

congrats, man
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

btw, that piccie of Bono crying into the flag is just gorgeous..very emotional

you're one lucky guy
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Such a beautiful thing Arun.Thanks for sharing your story. I feel something of what Mark said, Bono's "spirit level" was very finely tuned in to you maybe.(another out there theory of mine
smile.gif
)
I've printed your story and pic and cart it 'round with me to show my friends.."I know this guy...well kind of.. he LOVES U2 and richly deserved this moment.."( my mum, will dig it too. She once got on stage with Val Doonican, an old Irish tenor, her hero at the time). He gave her one of his drawing of a stone cottage, a treasure.
I am very very very very impressed and so happy 4 U.
Peace 2 U "little" U2 brother. lol, do you have to be so tall? Good one
smile.gif

------------------
"May the sweet light of rock and roll shine upon your soul."

Hey thanks for reading my story guys.. I hope you all get your chances with the band ..It all feels like a dream. And Mark..your right a special person did have her hand in all this.

Bono couldn't have chosen a better person to share the stage with him! Arun, i too believe there was a special reason behind your being picked to go up there
smile.gif
. You're a beautiful person, and you certainly deserved it!

So you froze and weren't able to play guitar, you stil looked like a stud up there
wink.gif
. I don't think the B-man gave you enough credit..you easily passed for a 3/4 rock star, especially having come up with some clever-ass lyrics on the spot. Anyway, I have a feeling that you'll get another chance to demonstrate your musical skills in NYC (my fingers are crossed--boy, don't prove me wrong
tongue.gif
).
Much Love,
Brooke

Back
Top Bottom