"Gloria" on the radio! (What have you heard lately?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I heard Gloria today!!! I didn't even recognize it at first, I've never heard it on the radio before. It was on this cool indie radio station I just discovered. (Who knew Pittsburgh had such a thing?) :ohmy: :)

So, have you heard any good U2 on the airwaves lately?

Quite randomly, in the middle of Tool and Staind, the local alternative station played Sunday Bloody Sunday.

My alarm always goes off right when a U2 song is starting:D Today it was Pride.

The radio station I listen to is all 80's but they think that the Unforgettable Fire and the Joshua Tree are U2's only albums and only play the hits from those 2 albums. But at least they play something.

:hmm: original version??
what do you mean?
They played "Where the Streets have no Name" at my radio station yesterday.. I turned up hih volume and wrote them an e-mail "that's the way to go!" 'cuz they almost never play any U2 :reject:

I have been hearing Mysterious Ways just about every day on my radio station!

Actually, they did a Rock Top 1000 countdown not long ago, and Gloria was 998. I think Pride was the highest at number 7 or so ... I say it should've been number one!

I've heard WGRYWH on this station that plays '80s,'90s music with no rap or cheesy pop music. Interesting since its not a hit U2 song, but they've played it several times already. :applaud:

Also, on this rock station, KROQ, (in NYC), I've heard them play some songs from the Irving Plaza. And once I heard the second version of "Electrical Storm".

Perle

I unexpectedly met my husband in the supermarket recently...and With or Without You was playing on the store PA.:heart: I danced him thru the fruit and vege section:)kissed him by the selfserve mixed nuts:) was good timing imho.
I have heard a U2 song everytime I have been in the supermarket lately. I'm not sure if it is the radio(no ads) or a mixture tape they put on. I can't help but:dance: down the aisles.I have found the best sound is near the seafood counter.

I've been really lucky to have local U2 loving radio stations who brag on them and play a lot of deeper album tracks all the time. It's common to get IGC, RHMT, ASOH, WLCTT, AOH, and more. They don't play any Boy or October though, so hearing Gloria would be really cool! My stations also play no Pop and no Zooropa except Stay, but they are generous with War, UF, JT, R&H, AB, ATYCLB and most recently Best of 90-2000, including the weird b side stuff!

Note: Madonna's Child, I know with her new album and all the Madonna board must be more exciting and taking you away from us but come back to PLEBA and get posting girl, for goodness sakes, you're not even a band aid yet and here I am over halfway to VIP Pass! Or is it all access first?! It was fun making status with you all those times and sad to see you drop off like that. PLEBA misses you! :wave:

I called and ask if something from AB could be played, if they have it in the studio, the female (of course) I spoke with said very happpily, Yes, and has played a different song (AB and others) during her time slot each day. :cool: I've talked to her several times and told her about Interference. She loves it and plays alot of U2 now. :up: She also has regular music/ news reports about whats going on with the band. She's the only station and dj I listen too at work. Then I play U2 cd's the rest of the day. :heart: She goes off at 2pm. :down: I do have to change it up for the co-workers. So I throw in Neil Young and Coldplay, John Mayer etc.. Hope they are ready Unforgetable Fire is coming into the office nx wk...:heart:

Last edited:
originally posted by cass:
I unexpectedly met my husband in the supermarket recently...and With or Without You was playing on the store PA.

That reminds me, I once heard "Last Night on Earth" at a supermarket. Amazing where (and when) U2 songs pop up! :D

In the past few months I heard Two Hearts, UF, and Last Night on Earth, which I would say do not get played very often.

On a recent holiday to New Zealand I heard Miss Sarajevo when I walked into the cinema in Queenstown. Couldnt believe it!Yesterday I heard One Tree Hill on 702 2BL Sydney. What a joy - Pams heart skips a beat, stomach has butterflies and suddenly volume is jacked up!
Surprise U2 is always a knockout.

Pamela

Oh yeah - and there's one more song I've heard!
"Red Hill Mining Town" on this classic rock station that plays a lot of U2, mostly the classics, but not the rare ones.

And that's about it now!

Perle

You people have much better radio stations than I do.

If I heard "One Tree Hill" or "Falling At Your Feet" on the radio, it'd probably pick my day up no matter how I was feeling.

typhoon said:
You people have much better radio stations than I do.

If I heard "One Tree Hill" or "Falling At Your Feet" on the radio, it'd probably pick my day up no matter how I was feeling.

"Falling At Your Feet" wasn't on the radio, that was on one of the DMX channels on my T.V.

Believe me, I'd be utterly shocked (and thrilled) if I ever heard "Falling At Your Feet" or any other obscure U2 song on a radio station in my area. The most obscure song I've heard on the radio in my area was "In A Little While".

Angela

Back
Top Bottom