Girl artist you'd like Bono to duet with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
I'd like to know who you guys would want to see Bono singing with. And I'm talking about the new generation of female stars, so please no old school answers like Whitney Houston, Madonna, Diana Krall, Natalie Merchant, Mariah Carey ..etc.

I'd wanna know who you'd like Bono to sing with from the current crop of divas - Britney Spears, Xtina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Vanessa Carlton, Avril Lavigne, Missy Elliot, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Lean Rimes, etc. etc...

Ok, basically let me rephrase the question: Who female artist under 25 years old would you like to see Bono sing with?

I'd go for Avril Lavigne. It would be great to contrast Avril's youthful enthusiasm with Bono's mature reserve, and considering both Bono and Avril started at around the same age and started with punkish music. I'd wanna see that.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Britney Spears, Xtina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Vanessa Carlton, Avril Lavigne, Missy Elliot, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Lean Rimes, etc. etc...

the only one that wouldn't make me want to shoot myself is Missy Elliot.

Fuck that new school shit. Gimme kd lang's sweet feminine voice combined with Bono's masculine growl anyday!!

Of those you listed though, I have to go with Missy Elliot. Most of the rest of 'em can't carry a fucking tune.

Bono with Avril Lavigne?! CHRISTINA MOTHER-FUCKING AGUILERA?! STOP BAD IDEAS, MAKE BRAIN HURT.

Last edited:
Avril Lavigne is a fucking joke. Punk my ass! Try "Ooh looks like the young girls are sick of Britney and her crap, let's see what a necktie-wearing 'rock chick' could maybe do. Ooh.. I know just the songwriters and producers and wardrobe makers to get for her!" :yuck: :mad: Avril doesn't deserve to be on the stage with anyone of Bono's experience, accomplishment or stature.

I'd love to see Bono duet with PJ Harvey, Norah or any female with a beautiful singing voice. Maybe Tori Amos.

Milla Jovovich:no:

hehehe... I'm gonna go with Pink on this one. Saw her perform with Steve Tyler at the VH1 Fashion Awards thingie... girl's got some pipes, and she's hot, and she's not so perky that you want to kill yourself. So yeah, Pink.

As for Avril? Eh... I don't mind her as much as some others in here, but her and Bono? Nuh-uh. A friend of mine had to drive me to work over the summer for a few days 'cause my car was in the shop, and she was playing Avril's CD. That Sk8r Boi song came on and I remember remarking at how bad it was, and low and behold, two weeks later it was her new single and a smash hit. Go figure.

Gwen Stefani could also duet with Bono. She could duet with anyone.

You all missed the point .....

I said female artist under 25 years old. Alanis, Bjork, Gwen Stefani ...they don't quality. Now that I think of it, I don't think even Missy Elliot does but I don't know for sure. So who would you guys pick?

While I'd like Bono to SING with Avril, I think it would be cool if he could WRITE a song with Vanessa Carlton, and if U2 could record a song PRODUCED by Alicia Keys.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Sorry, but there arent many artists under 25 that are good enough to duet with Bono.

Avril Lavigne is a fucking joke. Punk my ass! Try "Ooh looks like the young girls are sick of Britney and her crap, let's see what a necktie-wearing 'rock chick' could maybe do. Ooh.. I know just the songwriters and producers and wardrobe makers to get for her!" Avril doesn't deserve to be on the stage with anyone of Bono's experience, accomplishment or stature.

No shit. She's from Napanee Ontario which if you've ever lived in Toronto or Kingston you know that it is the incest pool capital of the world, she's trash:

Kid Rock with boobs. (not really)

I'd love to see Bono and Madonna together though.

I just cant see someone like Bono, a 40 yr old Rock GOD and Legend.. team up with some fresh faced bubble gum pop lookatmeIcantsingbutI'mpretty chick.

:shame:

Madonna would be cool too.

Bono would come off like someone searching desperately for credibility with the younger generation if he dueted with any of the girls mentioned in the first post. It would be a joke.

Yeah maybe Bono could be the skater boy
Or could sing some song about fooling around with girls behind the bleachers

What I'd really like to see is Bono and Sinead do another duet. I liked 'I'm Not Your Baby' but it really didn't showcase either one of their voices, is more of a spoken word bit than really singing.

PJ, Bjork, or any other true artist would be really cool as well

Of the singers listed the only options that don't make me want to vomit are Norah Jones and Alicia Keyes. They both have great voices. I guess I'd give the preference to Norah.

Back
Top Bottom