gimme your money, dammit (if you treasure U2 bootlegs, you must read this now!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny manda, I dont recall ever saying that before now. In fact... I have always been cool with you. I even signed your aussie petition. You are the one who is too snobby to ever reply to me or talk to me.

Huh?
Im too snobby now?
Where is this that Im not talking to you? Ive been overseas for a month, for a start, so this is the first time Ive been back here in ages.
Secondly, where is this talking happening? I dont go to inter chat. You lost me, sg....

My comments before where in regards to that charming picture you left which was intended to imply that a certain person here is a leech. I don't think that is very kind. Then you called me superior and cliquey. I have no idea how me saying that your picture wasn't very nice was me being cliquey, but anyway, you'll think what you will.

I also think I thanked you personally for signing the petition and you would have received an email thanking you also. I really don't know what that has to do with this.

You cant help what is....

[this was in response to frogbat]

[This message has been edited by Deathbear's Fly Girl (edited 09-17-2001).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
excuse me? calling someone selfish, arrogant, and self absorbed isn't rude?
saying their life is controlled by their ego isn't insulting?
confused.gif

Trust me. The doctor was being his typical diplomatic and reserved self.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by frogbat:
for some people it's all about being popular...

And for others it's all about lurking around secretively, finding out interference secrets and then posting riddles about them.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Where is this that Im not talking to you? Ive been overseas for a month, for a start, so this is the first time Ive been back here in ages. Secondly, where is this talking happening? I dont go to inter chat. You lost me, sg....

It started wayyy before you left for Europe. I cant find a single post where you spoke to me directly. Aside from the aussie petition. As I have made attempts to be your friend in the past. Please dont pretend it isnt so. I dont go to chat much either.. so that's not what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by ZooropamandaMy comments before where in regards to that charming picture you left which was intended to imply that a certain person here is a leech. I don't think that is very kind. Then you called me superior and cliquey. I have no idea how me saying that your picture wasn't very nice was me being cliquey, but anyway, you'll think what you will.

It goes much deeper than that. But as you all know, I like to joke around and laugh so I wouldnt take that picture all that seriously.

thought i answered why I come back - there was a long period where I kept away from here cos of what that git did -

anyway.. didn't you know it was addictive?

i certainly don't post here for the company
Oh, I see it now, I didn't know that was the reply to my question, sorry.
What make this forum addictive to me is the company, what is it for you? I hope it's not just the mocking, I wouldn't expect that from you.

Sorry, it didnt seem like a joke to me, certainly isnt very funny. Oh well, some people have a weird sense of humor I guess.
smile.gif

it used to be the company.. used to enjoy it very much nica.. but as you can see certain elements here are rather petty...

"i posted in your's so you gotta post in mine" wtf is all that about - let's not forget the fuckup you caused in DOL dear sicilian mattress - many people who are not the nicest or the most intelligent are or very popular

calluna: the riddles are there cos if I spoke em out directly elvis would delete them out promptly (duh)

Oh brother. Can't we at least pretend to get along? Yeah I've done my share of bickering but it's just gotten out of hand lately. I think most of us here have enough to think about without having to deal with everyone fighting in here.

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

perhaps we feel cheated cos we were here all nice and happy and naiive till we started to learns things which I am not at liberty of discussing due to the simple fact that whenever these facts came to light in the forum they were conveniently deleted.

Can we elaborate please? You guys keep saying this stuff... can you enlighten us?

i have no idea what you are talking about and Im still not sure what any of this has to do with what this thread was about.
Did you ever think on a board with this many people that not EVERY single one is going to be friends with you?
I don't think Ive ever directly replied to doctorwho or mikal before either. Does that make me a snob? This is a BIG place.
I do have many posts, but thats because Ive been here since it started. I dont post in every single thread.

And how could you posting a pic of a leech possibly have a deeper meaning?
Look I really dont care.
There are more important things happening in this world.

And how could you posting a pic of a leech possibly have a deeper meaning?

Not the pic.. my other response to your statement. Just forget it.

This is all so fucking lame. And frogbat I'm not even going to respond to you. You're not worth it.

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
I have always been cool with you. I even signed your aussie petition. You are the one who is too snobby to ever reply to me or talk to me.
I have to agree with Sicy...Amanda, when was the last time you talked to me?
We used to communicate well months ago and all of the sudden you gave me the cold shoulder.
I'm not one for this kind of posts but you guys sure know how to push buttons.
I'm sorry to be involved in these stupid argumets, I don't need this, I need U2 in town!
------------
Peace on Earth

Nica, I am really in shock that you say that.
I have hardly been around here, I certainly dont give people the cold shoulder. I am truly sorry that you think that because it is not the truth.

Man, this is a great day.

Bono says quit fighting dammit!

images

Lol that pic is itty bitty!

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 09-17-2001).]

I'm ashamed to be a U2 fan when people such as frogbat are as well. Mean spirited loafs.

Dont you have anything better to do?

Um, doctorwho he didnt ask if people had donated, he said he can't get a response in that thread. There is a difference.
It was clearly stating the differences between the 2 threads, one asking people to donate money to a message board has 121 replies and the one about red cross has about 5. That is what was being referred to, not if people have donated or not. Use your common sense.

My apologies for the confusion - you are correct. However, while I applaud Wanderer's post reminding people to donate to the Red Cross, why is it necessary we respond to his thread? There have been several posts on that topic already, and various people have responded to each of them. This, most likely, accounts for why Wanderer's thread did not receive a strong response - because people have already responded (and donated).

In contrast, there is but one thread asking for assistance on behalf of Interference. The original post by Joel (Elvis) asked people for donations and/OR ideas. People are replying to say not only that they donated, but also giving much needed suggestions.

I know that Joel has put much of his time and personal money into keeping Interference going over these past few years. Now that Joel is out of ideas and $$ and turns to the people he's essentially supported all these years asking for their help, Wanderer coldly replies "no." As if that weren't insulting enough, Wanderer then mocks us.

You asked me to use my common sense. I now challenge you to do the same. Is Joel being that insensitive to ask for a mere dollar to keep this site - a site where some people have posted over 3500 times in the past year - going? Is that such a ridiculous request?

As far as your very rude and personal insults go, you obviously do not know the man in question for he is everything but those things. But say what you will, we will still lovingly accept you.

I agree, perhaps I was too harsh. However, you are now mocking me, so I guess turnabout is fair play.
biggrin.gif

You fully support Wanderer, which I respect. Just know that there may come a day when you will need support, and you will inexpicably be told "no." When that day comes, I want you to recall your actions here. Was being right more important than DOING what is right?

To reiterate, I am not saying that one should donate to Interference instead of Red Cross or any other charity. If you can only afford to give to Red Cross, then God bless you. However, it seems to me that most people can easily afford to donate to several groups. This is especially true when one considers that Joel was only asking for a mere dollar from each Interference subscriber. I would think that people who have been some of the more prominent posters in this boardroom would come to Joel's aid, not mock him and those who support him.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 09-17-2001).]

doctorwho -

Right on. The front pages may look the same (well, we've got bigger cocktail glasses around here now) but the economics behind the scenes certainly can change, and that's a real issue. People do get used to something being free and always there, but it's got to be paid for somehow. I've got fairly serious issues with U2photos.com too; I had a small inheritance for a few years from my dad that I used to finance the site, and now it's gone. Yet with some days 1,000 people a day visiting, I'm averaging about a dollar in donations a day. Not gonna work. Joel's doing what he can to get costs down, and I'm sure he appreciates the understanding.

otto

------------------

| "Rock 'n' roll will be gone by June." - 'Variety', 1955
| Otto Kitsinger | <otto@U2photos.com>
| 40 U2 shows, 1 camera: http://www.U2photos.com

... although spy cameras on cats in his house show an excess of new Hawaiian shirts...

------------------

| "Rock 'n' roll will be gone by June." - 'Variety', 1955
| Otto Kitsinger | <otto@U2photos.com>
| 40 U2 shows, 1 camera: http://www.U2photos.com

For a thread not involving u2girl (or is it u2Girl? U2girl? U2Girl?), this is sure rowdy. I contend this is the rowdiest non-U2girl thread since the revolution and it's implicit bullshit.

Carry on.

Wow..... this is great fun. Thx guys! Something a little less serious to read for once. All these people with egos pretending not to have egos, people being accused of being a snob and wondering where on earth could that have come from? lol. I am sorry guys but this is really funny. SG loved the leech picture, and yes, leeches are people too. lmao!!
biggrin.gif
I love it when people take things too seriously because it just puts so much into perspective. Anyway, I am not trying to create a fight, just commenting on the one already started.
I must agree with Nicamom though, I also don't really like threads like this or usually get involved in them, but you know, sometimes... oh I give up.
There are some people on this board who sure like to think they are the nicest of people, when in reality, I just can't really see it. Anyway. SG, keep on posting your smilies...
wink.gif
I needed a good laugh.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Originally posted by jeremy:
I'm ashamed to be a U2 fan when people such as frogbat are as well. Mean spirited loafs.

Dont you have anything better to do?

*applauds elvis @ that well worked out piece of mockery*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom