Getting Vertigo - Pacific Rim tree. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Getting Vertigo - Pacific Rim tree.

This is a blatant copy of beli's tree idea. Do you want a copy of Vertigo? Sign up for this tree and I will send you a copy when I record/receive one. To qualify, you have to live on the Pacific Rim - i.e. eastern Australia, Japan, western USA and Canada, or in a Pacific nation such as New Zealand or Fiji. I'm the top geography student at my school, so don't try to pull any fast ones on me.

I will send to the first seventeen people to comment here (if you are my friend on LiveJournal, do not comment here!) with their location and e-mail address. Ensure that your e-mail address can receive large files - no Hotmail or MSN addresses please!

Once you have a copy, do your part by making a branch and e-mailing the song out to others. Don't be selfish - share the Vertigo love.

If you are already signed up to another tree, don't waste anyone's time by leaving your e-mail address here. Anyone else can leave their address - no post requirements or anything.

Have a good one,
André

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
Gunslinger

Local Time: 04:39 AM
jessclay@telus.net BC, Canada

Thanks bud!

Old 09-20-2004, 10:18 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 03:39 AM
brachanam9@aol.com

Los Angeles, CA

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 PM   #4
War Child

dbro5012@mail.usyd.edu.au

Sydney
OZ
Ta Axver. You're a legend.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
The Fly

Local Time: 11:39 AM
pstaden@bigpond.net.au

Sydney
Australia

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 03:39 AM
nuke126@gmail.com

California

i'll give you a gmail account if you email "Vertigo" to me. thanks
Old 09-20-2004, 11:02 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 10:09 PM
stefnagy@gmail.com, Thanks guys! Beil or Axver, I don't mind! Cheers!

P.S I have a 28k connection thanks to telstra so I can't download anything, I need some kind soul to send it to me!

GO VERTIGO GO!!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:08 PM   #8
Vocal parasite

'Tis no problem to send to you all. Just to clarify - sending to seventeen recipients is no slower than sending to just one, is it? Anyone want to verify or deny that?

Quote:
Originally posted by nuke126
i'll give you a gmail account if you email "Vertigo" to me. thanks
Would be a nice offer ... but expect to receive your copy from amakaxver@gmail.com!

Oh, and Aussie, get yourself some Internode DSL as soon as you can!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2004, 11:28 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
'Tis no problem to send to you all. Just to clarify - sending to seventeen recipients is no slower than sending to just one, is it? Anyone want to verify or deny that?

Would be a nice offer ... but expect to receive your copy from amakaxver@gmail.com!

Oh, and Aussie, get yourself some Internode DSL as soon as you can!
Yeh I have 'pair gain.' I have applied with Internode 12 times but been knocked back thanks to my phonelines. Not only do I not get ADSL, I also get 28k instead of 56k, so I'm screwed! And what more, I live right next to the city! And we are quite wealthy! GO TELSTRA!

Thanks for sending it, much appreciated. Glad to hear your not going on holiday, listening to Vertigo is much better than any vacation
Old 09-20-2004, 11:32 PM   #10
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
Yeh I have 'pair gain.' I have applied with Internode 12 times but been knocked back thanks to my phonelines. Not only do I not get ADSL, I also get 28k instead of 56k, so I'm screwed! And what more, I live right next to the city! And we are quite wealthy! GO TELSTRA!
PAIR GAIN? *has horrible flashbacks* I feel your pain. Whatever genius at Telscum decided that was a good idea doesn't deserve to live. When I moved late last year out to where I am now, we applied with TPG and they knocked us back, but Dart pulled some strings and our line got upgraded (before then, I could only manage 33k on dialup) so we could have DSL. Then they went down the gurgler so I jumped to Internode. Best ISP ever. Last I heard, they were talking about wireless Internet in the Adelaide/SA area ...

Quote:
Thanks for sending it, much appreciated. Glad to hear your not going on holiday, listening to Vertigo is much better than any vacation
So true! I'm much happier staying home, sharing in the pre-Vertigo excitement than going to the AFL grand final, to be honest. Are you going for Port?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:

PAIR GAIN? *has horrible flashbacks* I feel your pain. Whatever genius at Telscum decided that was a good idea doesn't deserve to live. When I moved late last year out to where I am now, we applied with TPG and they knocked us back, but Dart pulled some strings and our line got upgraded (before then, I could only manage 33k on dialup) so we could have DSL. Then they went down the gurgler so I jumped to Internode. Best ISP ever. Last I heard, they were talking about wireless Internet in the Adelaide/SA area ...

So true! I'm much happier staying home, sharing in the pre-Vertigo excitement than going to the AFL grand final, to be honest. Are you going for Port?
Yep, I am really hanging on for this wireless thing, I'm 3km away from the transmitter with line of sight! Can't wait! And yes I know Internode is the best ISP ever, couldn't agree more.

I'm going for port mate! I seriously reckon port will win, but I also wanna see Brisbane win back to back to back to back. Gonna be a great weekend this weekend (and I'm breaking up for the term!)
Old 09-20-2004, 11:47 PM   #12
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yep, I am really hanging on for this wireless thing, I'm 3km away from the transmitter with line of sight! Can't wait! And yes I know Internode is the best ISP ever, couldn't agree more.

I'm going for port mate! I seriously reckon port will win, but I also wanna see Brisbane win back to back to back to back. Gonna be a great weekend this weekend (and I'm breaking up for the term!)
Ah, awesome! Do you know when the wireless Internet will be up and running? Internode really are doing an amazing job, I can't fault them. Talk about giving the people Internet when Telscum's just screwing us all over.

I know some people who are saying Brisbane already have it in the bag ... I'm not going to jump the gun, and I think it'll be a great game. I just hope Brissy prevail. Consider me highly amused by the fact there are no Victorian teams playing!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2004, 11:52 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:

Ah, awesome! Do you know when the wireless Internet will be up and running? Internode really are doing an amazing job, I can't fault them. Talk about giving the people Internet when Telscum's just screwing us all over.

I know some people who are saying Brisbane already have it in the bag ... I'm not going to jump the gun, and I think it'll be a great game. I just hope Brissy prevail. Consider me highly amused by the fact there are no Victorian teams playing!
Near the end of the year it will definately be ready by, and then they'll set it up in Brisbane, Mel, Syd etc. next year. You have my full support of hating telstra, they have screwed me over too much and this 28k connection is just getting ridicuolous.

I really think Port will win, they are playing too well, and Brisbane will be too overconfident. They will probably crash and burn even though I wanna see them win 4 premierships in a row. So whatever the result, it's all good. It's been over 100 years since a victorian team hasn't plated in a Grand final. How bout that
Old 09-20-2004, 11:53 PM   #14
Vocal parasite

OK folks, I have six addresses and I will take ELEVEN more. NO MORE AFTER THAT. If you are twelfth, I am sorry, you miss out.

Please note I am sending out a copy in the good faith that when you can purchase the Vertigo single, you will. For the record, the second the Vertigo single is available for purchase in shops on 8 November, I will not hesitate to purchase a copy ... or two ... or five ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2004, 11:56 PM   #15
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Near the end of the year it will definately be ready by, and then they'll set it up in Brisbane, Mel, Syd etc. next year. You have my full support of hating telstra, they have screwed me over too much and this 28k connection is just getting ridicuolous.

I really think Port will win, they are playing too well, and Brisbane will be too overconfident. They will probably crash and burn even though I wanna see them win 4 premierships in a row. So whatever the result, it's all good. It's been over 100 years since a victorian team hasn't plated in a Grand final. How bout that
Ah, well at least you only have to suffer a few more months on that absolute crap. No-one deserves that. The ACCC need to have themselves kicked into gear because Telscum have to be the worst ISP in history.

I think last week's close call against Geelong has really woken Brisbane up and they aren't going to do anything stupid. We all saw how over-confident Collingwood were last year and they were SMASHED. 4 in a row is a huge feat and Brisbane will be as professional as ever. And there's been a grand final before in which no Victorian team competed ...?

Gig pictures | Blog