Getting Vertigo - Pacific Rim tree.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
This is a blatant copy of beli's tree idea. Do you want a copy of Vertigo? Sign up for this tree and I will send you a copy when I record/receive one. To qualify, you have to live on the Pacific Rim - i.e. eastern Australia, Japan, western USA and Canada, or in a Pacific nation such as New Zealand or Fiji. I'm the top geography student at my school, so don't try to pull any fast ones on me.

I will send to the first seventeen people to comment here (if you are my friend on LiveJournal, do not comment here!) with their location and e-mail address. Ensure that your e-mail address can receive large files - no Hotmail or MSN addresses please!

Once you have a copy, do your part by making a branch and e-mailing the song out to others. Don't be selfish - share the Vertigo love.

If you are already signed up to another tree, don't waste anyone's time by leaving your e-mail address here. Anyone else can leave their address - no post requirements or anything.

Have a good one,
André

'Tis no problem to send to you all. Just to clarify - sending to seventeen recipients is no slower than sending to just one, is it? Anyone want to verify or deny that?

nuke126 said:
i'll give you a gmail account if you email "Vertigo" to me. thanks

Would be a nice offer ... but expect to receive your copy from amakaxver@gmail.com!

Oh, and Aussie, get yourself some Internode DSL as soon as you can!

Axver said:
'Tis no problem to send to you all. Just to clarify - sending to seventeen recipients is no slower than sending to just one, is it? Anyone want to verify or deny that?

Would be a nice offer ... but expect to receive your copy from amakaxver@gmail.com!

Oh, and Aussie, get yourself some Internode DSL as soon as you can!

Yeh I have 'pair gain.' I have applied with Internode 12 times but been knocked back thanks to my phonelines. Not only do I not get ADSL, I also get 28k instead of 56k, so I'm screwed! And what more, I live right next to the city! And we are quite wealthy! GO TELSTRA!

Thanks for sending it, much appreciated. Glad to hear your not going on holiday, listening to Vertigo is much better than any vacation ;)

AussieU2fanman said:
Yeh I have 'pair gain.' I have applied with Internode 12 times but been knocked back thanks to my phonelines. Not only do I not get ADSL, I also get 28k instead of 56k, so I'm screwed! And what more, I live right next to the city! And we are quite wealthy! GO TELSTRA!

PAIR GAIN? *has horrible flashbacks* I feel your pain. Whatever genius at Telscum decided that was a good idea doesn't deserve to live. When I moved late last year out to where I am now, we applied with TPG and they knocked us back, but Dart pulled some strings and our line got upgraded (before then, I could only manage 33k on dialup) so we could have DSL. Then they went down the gurgler so I jumped to Internode. Best ISP ever. Last I heard, they were talking about wireless Internet in the Adelaide/SA area ...

Thanks for sending it, much appreciated. Glad to hear your not going on holiday, listening to Vertigo is much better than any vacation ;)

So true! I'm much happier staying home, sharing in the pre-Vertigo excitement than going to the AFL grand final, to be honest. Are you going for Port?

Last edited:
Axver said:

PAIR GAIN? *has horrible flashbacks* I feel your pain. Whatever genius at Telscum decided that was a good idea doesn't deserve to live. When I moved late last year out to where I am now, we applied with TPG and they knocked us back, but Dart pulled some strings and our line got upgraded (before then, I could only manage 33k on dialup) so we could have DSL. Then they went down the gurgler so I jumped to Internode. Best ISP ever. Last I heard, they were talking about wireless Internet in the Adelaide/SA area ...

So true! I'm much happier staying home, sharing in the pre-Vertigo excitement than going to the AFL grand final, to be honest. Are you going for Port?

Yep, I am really hanging on for this wireless thing, I'm 3km away from the transmitter with line of sight! Can't wait! And yes I know Internode is the best ISP ever, couldn't agree more.

I'm going for port mate! I seriously reckon port will win, but I also wanna see Brisbane win back to back to back to back. Gonna be a great weekend this weekend (and I'm breaking up for the term!)

AussieU2fanman said:

Yep, I am really hanging on for this wireless thing, I'm 3km away from the transmitter with line of sight! Can't wait! And yes I know Internode is the best ISP ever, couldn't agree more.

I'm going for port mate! I seriously reckon port will win, but I also wanna see Brisbane win back to back to back to back. Gonna be a great weekend this weekend (and I'm breaking up for the term!)

Ah, awesome! Do you know when the wireless Internet will be up and running? Internode really are doing an amazing job, I can't fault them. Talk about giving the people Internet when Telscum's just screwing us all over.

I know some people who are saying Brisbane already have it in the bag ... I'm not going to jump the gun, and I think it'll be a great game. I just hope Brissy prevail. Consider me highly amused by the fact there are no Victorian teams playing!

Axver said:

Ah, awesome! Do you know when the wireless Internet will be up and running? Internode really are doing an amazing job, I can't fault them. Talk about giving the people Internet when Telscum's just screwing us all over.

I know some people who are saying Brisbane already have it in the bag ... I'm not going to jump the gun, and I think it'll be a great game. I just hope Brissy prevail. Consider me highly amused by the fact there are no Victorian teams playing!

Near the end of the year it will definately be ready by, and then they'll set it up in Brisbane, Mel, Syd etc. next year. You have my full support of hating telstra, they have screwed me over too much and this 28k connection is just getting ridicuolous.

I really think Port will win, they are playing too well, and Brisbane will be too overconfident. They will probably crash and burn even though I wanna see them win 4 premierships in a row. So whatever the result, it's all good. It's been over 100 years since a victorian team hasn't plated in a Grand final. How bout that :ohmy:

OK folks, I have six addresses and I will take ELEVEN more. NO MORE AFTER THAT. If you are twelfth, I am sorry, you miss out.

Please note I am sending out a copy in the good faith that when you can purchase the Vertigo single, you will. For the record, the second the Vertigo single is available for purchase in shops on 8 November, I will not hesitate to purchase a copy ... or two ... or five ...

AussieU2fanman said:
Near the end of the year it will definately be ready by, and then they'll set it up in Brisbane, Mel, Syd etc. next year. You have my full support of hating telstra, they have screwed me over too much and this 28k connection is just getting ridicuolous.

I really think Port will win, they are playing too well, and Brisbane will be too overconfident. They will probably crash and burn even though I wanna see them win 4 premierships in a row. So whatever the result, it's all good. It's been over 100 years since a victorian team hasn't plated in a Grand final. How bout that :ohmy:

Ah, well at least you only have to suffer a few more months on that absolute crap. No-one deserves that. The ACCC need to have themselves kicked into gear because Telscum have to be the worst ISP in history.

I think last week's close call against Geelong has really woken Brisbane up and they aren't going to do anything stupid. We all saw how over-confident Collingwood were last year and they were SMASHED. 4 in a row is a huge feat and Brisbane will be as professional as ever. And there's been a grand final before in which no Victorian team competed ...?

As a side note from this thread! Axver, I'd appreciate if you could still send me Vertigo when you get a hold of it, that'd be greatly appreciated. The thread is closed now so I couldn't reply to you there.

Lo-Fi said:
As a side note from this thread! Axver, I'd appreciate if you could still send me Vertigo when you get a hold of it, that'd be greatly appreciated. The thread is closed now so I couldn't reply to you there.

Yeah, sure, I'll send on a copy to you ... well, if I can. I'm worried, considering how the other thread was closed. I'd love to know what's going on.

Ok I should have explained. This kind of thing has happened on Interf before with file sharing etc, we all know the whorish recording industry love a good law suit. There's been a spot of trouble already with one site which has been posted up here, and obviously none of us want to see anyone get in trouble over this, and Interference.com is no different.

If we can find out just how 'legal' this is, and the likelihood of further troubles arising, we can all go to town within those boundaries. I unfortunately dont have answers now. Just the usual warning for everyone to be careful and heed any warnings you might be lucky/unlucky enough to receive.

Axver said:
Please note I am sending out a copy in the good faith that when you can purchase the Vertigo single, you will. For the record, the second the Vertigo single is available for purchase in shops on 8 November, I will not hesitate to purchase a copy ... or two ... or five ...

For the record, I believe that a TRUE fan of this band is someone who ownes official copies of their material. I plan on pre-ordering this single in a few weeks once I know what country has the best tracklisting. (Looks like my home, Canada, might get all of the songs on ONE cd!).

:wave: Hi, Axver. I think you hit your limit but if not my
email address is mattpage@gmail.com
I live in Seattle so I think I qualify.
If Axver's maxed would another kind soul help out...

p.s.- Any real U2 fan will BUY the single when it comes out.
And most of us Interferencer's will probably buy all three formats 'cause we love the band and we're suckers. :hyper:

Matthew_Page2000 said:
:wave: Hi, Axver. I think you hit your limit but if not my
email address is mattpage@gmail.com
I live in Seattle so I think I qualify.
If Axver's maxed would another kind soul help out...

Nope, I'm still free to take more addresses for the original offer. I have nine, so another eight people on the Pacific Rim can get in.

I'd just like to state that if there continue to be legal concerns, I may not be sending this out. I'm heeding Angela Harlem's advice - I don't want to get in trouble. I'm simply sending this out because I love the band and I don't want to see any U2 fans left out of being able to hear a song they've been waiting months and years for.

bratty_cat said:
Axver,
I promise to buy every version of Vertigo available to me here in the US and I live on the Pacific Rim. Hope I can get a copy too!
You ROCK!
Matilde

mflsf@hotmail.com

Well, I would love to send it to you, but a Hotmail address simply doesn't have the space to hold it. Do you have another address with enough space to receive large files that I could send to?

OzAurora, not too late at all!

Bloodysunday, I hate to say this, but sorry, no. Maybe if I'm feeling generous, but no-one else from outside the Pacific Rim try applying! I hate telling people no when I know they really want to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom