*gasp* Britney covers Joan Jett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
The new Britney Spears album has leaked onto the internet. It was on a couple MP3 newsgroups yesterday. I'm sure it can be found on Morpheus and the other MP3 sharing networks. Out of morbid curiosity, I downloaded the album to hear the crap that would be soon invading the pop charts and couldn't help but notice one of the song titles was "I Love Rock n' Roll". I'm thinking.. No, she couldn't have! Unfortunately, she did. And it's BAD, REALLY BAD. I hope Joan Jett has a barf bag ready the first time she hears it, if she hasn't already. Please Britney, don't butcher any more 80's hits from now on. Next thing you know she'll be covering U2 tunes. eeek!!

If I was a parent of a young pre-teen daughter, I'd think twice about letting her own Britney's new cd. Britney's trying to portray a new grown-up image. She claims to be a virgin, and may still be, but some of her new songs are pretty sexually suggestive. "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys" are two good examples. Parents beware!

Joan Jett is a slut.

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

That's better than covering the Rolling Stone's I Can't Get No Satisfaction, like on the last album.

It's ironic that she try to cover someone else when she barely tries to "cover" herself. If ya know what I mean, and I think you do
wink.gif

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom