GA: How early do I need to get there for Tampa show to be in first 20-30 people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

U2Gator

I need some advice on this. I want to be front row, center of the stage, front of the heart.

Fellow Tampons, what time are you getting there?

Im the boss, need the info...

you'll have to camp out for sure. The question is...will the afternoon the day before the show be enough or not?

You're already too late.

Just kidding.

Actually, what Sicy said....

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 11-26-2001).]

WOW yeah, I'll say midnight too! The earliest I got for GA Line was at 6:00am actually 5:45am... I thought I would be like late, but I was #11!
eek.gif
GO FIGURE! But some people had been there since 10pm the night before!
icon24.gif

Good Luck!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

For Dallas last night, I was originally # 15 in the GA line at 9:00 p.m. the night before the show!! I gave up my number because I didn't want to camp out. I returned at 7:00am, was # 147 and had a great spot!

But they did have 20-25 people camping BEFORE midnight!!

Well, the way things are going these days to be in the first 20-30 people, you'll have to get there the night before for sure. I'd say 9pm. In Vegas there were already 400+ people in line by 9am.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Heh, heh, heh Sicy and Like O2, close enough! lol. It looked like a lot of people. You know though, most of the people showed up early. I was #141 @ 6am, and I swear by 8am there was already 250 or so.

Case and point I guess, for U2gator to be in the 20-30 range, it's an overnight camping trip!
biggrin.gif
Have fun!!!

------------------

Get this...I showed up in Vegas at 2am and was #105 and then decided to leave the heart for the tip.
biggrin.gif
Chris (spanisheyes) and I managed to carefully tear our heart wristbands off and gave them to a couple behind us who had always wanted to be in the heart and just missed the cut-off. They stuck them on and made it in. hehe.
smile.gif

-sula

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 11-26-2001).]

Grab a blanket and sleep there. You will still probably not make it, from what I hear on the mailing lists the same 60-80 people are following the band around and covering for each other and even if you get there very early you will be lucky to break 100.

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
...from what I hear on the mailing lists the same 60-80 people are following the band around and covering for each other and even if you get there very early you will be lucky to break 100.

Yes, it's kind of sickening actually...

Oh, and LikeO2, you trying to make me jealous???? What I'd give to feel the sleep deprivation suffered after a U2 gig.
wink.gif
lol!!

------------------

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
from what I hear on the mailing lists the same 60-80 people are following the band around and covering for each other and even if you get there very early you will be lucky to break 100.

OMG that is soooo true! I kept seeing the same people in Oakland and then again in Sacramento. There were people there who had been following the band for almost all the dates of this third leg! But Sacramento was different... cause at 4:00pm they were still in the 290's!!
eek.gif
Unlike damn Oakland, I got lucky to be in there! LOL But there was this one lady, who has been to gawd no how many shows... she practically new everyone there.. OK she got there at 10:30am (from LA) By that time they were in the #'s were in 80's (I know Sac was weird) so she asks us who do we go to to get our #'s we told her where... and when we make it inside the arena she's freakin' #7! WTF?!?!?! We were all like... OH THAT IS NOT RIGHT, BS!! Plus she knew the person taking down the names and stuff!
rolleyes.gif
Gawd was she annoying as hell! LOL But anywho, YES I do believe people do save spots for other folks! And it sucks BIG TIME!

eek.gif
OMG Naya 4pm the day before the concert?
eek.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-26-2001).]

You have to get there very early.

For my last show of this tour, in Hamilton, I wanted a prime spot, so I showed up at 10 pm the night before. I was #18 in line.

To go with what anitram said...people who showed up at 7:30am the next morning were 300 on line

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-26-2001).]

In response to the complaints about Oakland...I and a friend of mine ran both lines for the Oakland shows. There were no saved spots, and everyone who got on that list had a number on their hand in order of appearance.

I actually knew few people there, so the claim this person in the 80's who became number 7 b/c she knew us is false.

No saved spots in Oakland I, II or LA III. I know, b/c I ran the lines.

and that's the way it should be.

We may follow the band, but we don't "cover" each other. When those doors open, it's every man for himself. I just try to run a fair line.

It wasnt' always like this, I'm the first to admit I've had spots saved for me at other shows, I've abused the line, and it made problems so I DON'T do it anymore, it's not fair, it was wrong when I did it, and it's wrong now.

just wanted to clear that up.

love and lemons
dawn

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
eek.gif
OMG Naya 4pm the day before the concert?
eek.gif

Well, the thing is, a friend of a friend saved my spot. The friend arrived at 2h30pm the day before, and the others took turns saving the spots. I arrived at about 9pm. My friend also saved me a spot in Albany last June. I had arrived at about 8am and she had arrived at 6 am. It was for me and my friend. Those are the only two times it happened.

*runs and hides away

Originally posted by Dawn:
In response to the complaints about Oakland...I and a friend of mine ran both lines for the Oakland shows. There were no saved spots, and everyone who got on that list had a number on their hand in order of appearance.

I actually knew few people there, so the claim this person in the 80's who became number 7 b/c she knew us is false.

No saved spots in Oakland I, II or LA III. I know, b/c I ran the lines.

and that's the way it should be.

We may follow the band, but we don't "cover" each other. When those doors open, it's every man for himself. I just try to run a fair line.

It wasnt' always like this, I'm the first to admit I've had spots saved for me at other shows, I've abused the line, and it made problems so I DON'T do it anymore, it's not fair, it was wrong when I did it, and it's wrong now.

just wanted to clear that up.

love and lemons
dawn

Um Dawn, I wasn't talking about OAKLAND but SACRAMENTO! I only mentioned that I was lucky enough to in Oakland! And the thing about the lady who went to #7 event though she was late is true IN SACRAMENTO!!!

Again it was not directed towards Oakland!

And NAYA *shakes head* SHAME ON YOU!!! LOL Cool though!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-26-2001).]

You know, i finally am able to score GA tickets...and now i'm not even sure i have the will power to camp out at midnight or the likes...lol. and damn it, i want to be in the heart for tampa! what to do, what to do...conflicts..i tell ya!
mad.gif
Gator, will you save me a place in line as i come strolling in just prior to the concert...LOL?
wink.gif

You will be in the heart if you show up at 9 am.

The people that camp out are people that specifically want a certain spot in the heart. There's plenty of room in there once they let everyone in.. cuz people go to the bathroom and get food and you can make your move as to where you want to be.. just that the first three rows, and the back by the tip are always taken immediatly.

Back
Top Bottom