Future concerts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
With all this excitement regarding the tour next year, I was wondering how the English/European and Australian fans were feeling?

I personally feel that the last tour especially short changed us in the amount of concerts 8 in England, 2 Scotland and 2 Ireland 21 in Europe then 60 (or is it 61 I wont split hairs over a couple!) in the USA.

I dont doubt the popularity of U2 in the USA but I found it very irrating that the same venues were played multiple times over the two legs. Everyone appreciates that the band have to make a profit otherwise its not worth them touring, but at what expense to fans in other parts of the world?

If/when I see any member of the band I am going to put this point over to them so look out boys!!:wink:

And before anyone gets huffy I just wanted to see how other fans feel.

Last edited:
i think they should just play in the USA and ignore the rest of the world altogether

maybe even just a 100 show tour, with the only city being st louis

haha, someone is bitter :wink:

well, maybe they can play a few shows around the world, i saw them at their first show at earl's court and that was an amazing experience

I'm sure they'll come down here for the next tour. They better. Some of us are getting mighty impatient, especially the folks in New Zealand who haven't seen them since 1993. Here's how I see it panning out (all of these are stadium shows);

Brisbane - 1 show
Gold Coast - totally unprobable, but we have had Kiss and Metallica, so just maybe
Sydney - 2 shows
Melbourne - 2 shows
Adelaide - 1 show
Perth - I'm not sure if they still have a venue, but there should be a show
Auckland - 2 shows
Wellington - 1 show (I know it was missed on Zoo, but there's now a new stadium and all the big acts have played it)
Christchurch - 1 show

yeah US always gets loads of U2 live

Bono's Tart said:
With all this excitement regarding the tour next year, I was wondering how the English/European and Australian fans were feeling?

:hyper:

I think Elevation tour may have been longer if it wasn't for the new album "plan" and the 9/11 events.

Having said that, I fully expect more shows in Europe and rest of the world (if, of course, the currencies are strong enough), something like they did with Zoo TV.
Perhaps U2 would like to come over and play the new members of EU? *hint hint* :wink:

They kinda need to get their lillywhite's down here soon. Even if it is not economically profitable. The casual fans will be lost to them if they dont keep renewed interest.

In all honesty though I'd be surprised if they did skip many pf these parts this time round. It seems like they needed the break with Elevation by keeping it geographically smaller so now hopefully they are ready to do a long haul tour again.

Axver said:
Perth - I'm not sure if they still have a venue, but there should be a show

funally enough , U2 have never done a stadium show in Perth...UF was arenas, Lovetown was at the Entertainment Center (i think its pretty small over there) and PopMart was in the Burrswood Dome....which is a tennis center i think?....

they need to play at one of the AFL/Cricket Grounds i think.
i aggree with all the shows you listed...execpt prehaps sydney to get 3 shows.....

If I remember right, Larry said during the Elevation tour that because U2 played less shows in UK, they would do the travelling next time around, instead of the fans.

Back
Top Bottom