Funny u2 moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Thought it may be fun to list some funny moments from u2 band members caught on film.

I would like to offer up on the Making of the UF, when everyone is out, eyes fixed on the sky, watching at the solar eclipse and adam suddenly says in a suprised manner..... "its gone dark!"

When Bono falls off the stage whilst walking backwards during the Elevation tour (think its when playing UTEOTW),he got up an looked a bit shaken but manged to play on regardless!

I have a visual aid to go with mine :D

It's the day after the last ZooTV show, Edge is being interviewed, and Bono can't stand not being the center of attention:

zooafterbonogeekymoveggdm7.gif

:lol:

Gif by GaleonGirl ;)

:tsk: attention ho!

might be nice to mention that he was late for the interview, which was the reason they started with Edge...

It funny becasue he lay on the ground singing and managed to make it look as if it as all part of the show,he doesnt seem in the least bit embarrassed.

Its not as if he was injured or anything, he just fell over, the show carried on.

gman said:
I would like to offer up on the Making of the UF, when everyone is out, eyes fixed on the sky, watching at the solar eclipse and adam suddenly says in a suprised manner..... "its gone dark!"

"Now look what you've done with your bloody rock and roll music ... you've put out the sun!"

Re: Re: Funny u2 moments

corianderstem said:

"Now look what you've done with your bloody rock and roll music ... you've put out the sun!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bono sitting next to Larry and he should introduce him to the camera: "This is Bono and this is....what's your name again...?"

i love that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:

and of course its a musical journey!! --priceless

I always thought that there was something missing out of the "it's a musical journey" thing in Rattle & Hum, like part of the conversation had been edited out. Because honestly, those guys are laughing much harder than the incident warranted.

Maybe you had to be there in person. :wink:

It's a Musical Journey was a classic "had to be there" moment.

I enjoyed at one of the Australian Vertigo shows when they play The First Time. The crowd starts clapping, and Bono sternly says, "Don't clap."

:wink: :drool: The part where Bono is being interviewed about 'All I Want Is You' video.......and you hear off camera...'Roar, Roar' by Larry and Bono smiles that sly smile...just couldn't help himself!!:lmao:

In Under a Blood Red Sky, when Edge plays a bum note in "Party Girl" and Bono yells, "Guitar hero!"

1992-06-15 - Rotterdam - TTRYAATW, when they have end the song and Bono change channel to see the soccer match beetween former Soviet union and Holland. It is 0-0 and Bono says: "What's the score? 0-0, not good, you give this people freedom and then they come and kick your ass, terrible" and laughs.

Well, this isn't on film or video, just from a show I went to, but:

Vertigo tour, Staples Center, Los Angeles, November 4, 2005. I'm right at the lip of the ellipse. Edge and Bono come out and play Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. They OBVIOUSLY haven't rehearsed this song very well and Edge is doing ok, but Bono is fumbling all over the place. As Bono messes up more and more, Edge's facial expression keeps getting more pissed-off and more pissed-off. Finally, sensing Edge's unhappiness, Bono gets a line right and (since Edge isn't looking at him) shoves his face right in front of Edge's and sings imploringly, "Baby, can we still be friends?"

Edge can't help himself and just starts grinning and then smiling wide and Bono is just laughing and happy that his friend isn't mad at him any longer.

I just thought it was a really cute, funny moment that has always stuck with me.

Oh, and to this day . . . what, almost 20 years later? . . . all my Dad has to say to me is, "It's a musical journey", and we'll both start cracking up. Absolutely brilliant and hilarious! Chalk one up for Larry!

lol nice ^^^^

i like how in hawaii right when they were about to play wild horses bono sang 'out here in the streets oooh thats where he ripped it off from oookay' lol

i was watching the first time video and edge whispered something into bonos ear and he was nodding and laughing...ODD! esp. since that was only a song after edge saw my sign...just thought id share that.

forbonou2 said:
:wink: :drool: The part where Bono is being interviewed about 'All I Want Is You' video.......and you hear off camera...'Roar, Roar' by Larry and Bono smiles that sly smile...just couldn't help himself!!:lmao:
where is this from? rattle and hum? i really want to see it now hahahah.
i love the way they snicker at eachother during the whole "it's a musical journey" bit =) hahahah

i loved the vertigo LA WGRYWH story!!!! =) =)
<3

Bono at Vertigo Brisbane, 7 November 2006: "Look at that beautiful moon! ... Oh, it's a spotlight!"

The entire UF documentary.

"Look what you've done with your bloody rock music you've put out the sun! You're not allowed back at our castle!"

And I'm sure Adam's nipple flash is a constant staple in PLEBA, too.

Edge: "OK, thats enough of this fuck crap, alright....I say its time to ROCK!!!!!"

audience: *cheers loudly*

*Singing In the Rain starts to play*

I always have to grin at Slane Castle's OOC when Bono says "And by now you've probably all given us 500 pounds too!"

The more the dollar drops against the pound the closer he is to being right about me...

I liked at the Slane show when an inflatable beach ball made its way to the stage and Bono goes "Oh Look, Edge, a Beach Ball: and proceeds to position it then himslef for a good swift kick sending it into the audience.

BTW this is an excellent thread! :up: :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom