funny/ridiculous/stupid family views on U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm Mexican-American and my family and friends where like wtf? U2!? They think I'm insane for liking 4 "old white guys" playing songs they didn't like!! They still give me grief over liking them now. But I call it true devotion because over 10 years of being a fan I still love them as much as I did when I got into them!!There just hating is all!!:yes: :wave:

Tech said:
I'm Mexican-American and my family and friends where like wtf? U2!? They think I'm insane for liking 4 "old white guys" playing songs they didn't like!! They still give me grief over liking them now. But I call it true devotion because over 10 years of being a fan I still love them as much as I did when I got into them!!There just hating is all!!:yes: :wave:

:wave:
I have the same problem with people in my neighborhood since I was a teen. When I tell them what music I listen to people would say "But your Black! Black people listen to rap and r&b not that stuff." I play U2 songs all the time around my family members and now they even like some of them. I think my niece will become a big U2 fan one day. She's always asking to borrow my cds.

Last edited:
It is good to see that you are breaking the race barer Siren...I have always wondered why I dont see more black people at U2 concerts, I think many would enjoy U2 if they gave them a chance.

Siren said:
When I tell them what music I listen to people would say "But your Black! Black people listen to rap and r&b not that stuff."

Wow, way for people to stereotype, huh? :rolleyes:.

U2's music is open to anyone. That's one reason why they're such a cool band :).

Originally posted by EmilyBono
I live near Kansas City and my dad had to drive home from work when U2 was filming the video for Last Night on Earth.

I just found out a few months ago that that video had been filmed there...when I was living in Nebraska, the town I was in was two hours away from Kansas City, so I thought that was pretty cool, living so close to a city U2 once made a video in :D.

Angela

Yahweh said:
It is good to see that you are breaking the race barer Siren...I have always wondered why I dont see more black people at U2 concerts, I think many would enjoy U2 if they gave them a chance.

Living in NYC you would think there are more U2 fans out there from all different backgrounds. Maybe I just haven't met any yet. :shrug:

I was always afraid of going to rock concerts because I would be the only one there who looks "different". I didn't want to go by myself either (due to lack of friends who actually like listening to rock music and the experience is better with a fellow fan). My boyfriend promised to take me to a U2 concert (even though he doesn't care for them) and I will hold him to it. Hopefully if he can afford it. Now only if I could get on stage with Bono just once.....

Back
Top Bottom