funniest thing you've heard in a u2 [audience recorded] bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popmart86

Acrobat
there are boots out there recorded by the audience. i have a popmart show that was recorded in the audience with a crowd that was HILARIOUS. here's what i heard that cracks me up.

1. at the beginning of "sats" people are talking about the lead singers of live and oasis. i dont know if they were talking about bono but some guy just shouted "HEY, DONT FUCKIN SAY THAT, THAT'S A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!" :LOL:

2. when bono finishes "stand by me" this one lady shouts "LOOK HOW FUCKING AWESOME HE IS!!"

3. when they begin "one" this one lady [could be the same one] shouts "I TOLD YOU THEY WERE PLAYING IITTT!!":lmao:

bootleggers...go fig.:huh:

I have one where some girl just keeps saying "I can stand on the chair I want to..."

"Is that fucking Axl Rose?"

"I'm so fucking drunk"

I also have a Ryan Adams boot, where he's playing in Dublin and some guy just keeps yelling "you're better than fucking Bono"

The guy singing along to Sweetest Thing during the Elevation Chicago boot (May 16?). He keeps getting the "ooo ooo ooooo"s all wrong. :lol:

From the audience recording of U2 as the Daltons in LA 1987. "Get the hell off the stage! Boooo!"

Last edited:
Popmart86. was your first quote from the Pittsburgh show? I think I have that bootleg!

hahahh those are some really good ones ;]

i like one from Crumbs during Vertigo tour (minneapolis, i believe) where the taper said "OOHHH MY GOD!!! they'eve never played this before!" lol<3

At the very beginning of the Atlanta Conspiracy of Hope show, as U2 is getting on stage:

"Did that guy dye his hair?"

tuwie said:

i like one from Crumbs during Vertigo tour (minneapolis, i believe) where the taper said "OOHHH MY GOD!!! they'eve never played this before!" lol<3

:lol:

I do like that one too.

"I think I need a bib!"

I swear it sounds like some lady says that in a Joshua Tree Tour bootleg I used to have. :lol:
She must have saw Bono or something, I dunno

tuwie said:

that one always cracks me up as well lol

In one of my Vertigo Boots - there's a guy that keeps yelling "I LOVE YOU BONOOOOOO!!!!" over and over again and it just cracks me up so much.

YBORCITYOBL said:
In one of my Vertigo Boots - there's a guy that keeps yelling "I LOVE YOU BONOOOOOO!!!!" over and over again and it just cracks me up so much.

:lol: I have that one too (I don't remember what show it is :scratch: ).

For the first 2001 Slane castle show, I have a bootleg where Bono sings a snippet of Thin Lizzy, and a girl in the crowd asks who Thin Lizzy is. Then a guy next to her proceeds to tell her at lenght how great Thin Lizzy were and how amazed he is that she does not know who they are.

YBORCITYOBL said:

it's the opening night San Diego one :lol: I have a little vid of that, it was during An Cath Dubh - Into THe Heart,... Bono's kittymove.. he slid down the stage and the dude shouts BONOOO I LOOOVE YOUUUU!!!! .. Bono looks his way and looks VERY odd :lol:

I can't remember what show it was, but it was during the Elevation tour when Bad segued into When I Look At The World. One guy says "I CANNOT believe it. That is f*cking awesome." :wink:

it's not in any bootleg, but during the show in Milan at a certain point Bono sees the moon and starts saying "look,the moon -- la luna". No one could seen it except him... so there wae a guy behind me screaming something like "Has Bono high?"

I can't remember it exactly but it's just before they play "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and Bono goes off on another speech...

Bono: All you need is a guitar, it's not about the big stage, fancy lights and equipment...that's not important...what's really important is-
Woman: THE MONEY!

Baltimore '01

BONO: We're about to play a rock n' roll classic...

SOME DRUNKEN SLOB: "FREEBIRD!!!!!"

Last edited:
I wish I could remember exactly which date it was, but on a Zoo rehearsal boot a woman comments that one of the band members should put his shirt back on.

LemonMelon said:
Baltimore '01

BONO: We're about to play a rock n' roll classic...

SOME DRUNKEN SLOB: "FREEBIRD!!!!!"

I know a guy who at every wedding we've been to shouts "Freebird" after every song ends. Could be the same guy...?

If I ever got tickets I would continually yell for them to play One Tree Hill, Unforgettable Fire, or Red Hill Mining Town. Probably dedicate one song to each concert.

phillyfan26 said:
If I ever got tickets I would continually yell for them to play One Tree Hill, Unforgettable Fire, or Red Hill Mining Town. Probably dedicate one song to each concert.

It's a shame no-one was taping my friend and I after the Boston show on 2005-05-24 ended. We kept calling for a third encore - initially just random obscure songs like "TREASURE! CARTOON WORLD! THINGS TO MAKE AND DO!", and then I shouted out the entire tracklistings of The Unforgettable Fire (excluding Pride, as it was played that night) and Zooropa. As the Fleet Centre people shooed us out, I kept calling for Heartland and my friend for Red Light.

I think everyone within earshot of us thought we were drunk. Neither of us had had a drop to drink.

Axver said:

It's a shame no-one was taping my friend and I after the Boston show on 2005-05-24 ended. We kept calling for a third encore - initially just random obscure songs like "TREASURE! CARTOON WORLD! THINGS TO MAKE AND DO!", and then I shouted out the entire tracklistings of The Unforgettable Fire (excluding Pride, as it was played that night) and Zooropa. As the Fleet Centre people shooed us out, I kept calling for Heartland and my friend for Red Light.

I think everyone within earshot of us thought we were drunk. Neither of us had had a drop to drink.

Drunk on U2 I suppose...I know I was after 5-22-05. :|

the guy on that vertigo boot who keeps screaming "I LOVE YOUR BONO" is the greatest ever....it has me cracking up every time

YBORCITYOBL said:

was that 5-12 in chicago, cause i think there's a guy who yells that a bunch of times in that boot

Back
Top Bottom